Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,925 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 (7986 Views)

Rccg House Fellowship Manual, Sunday 30th April,2017 / Rccg Sunday School 2 April, 2017 / Download Rhapsody Of Realities Pdf April,2017 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by rhektor(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL

LESSON THIRTY-FOUR

SUNDAY, 23RD APRIL 2017

TOPIC: BIBLICAL COVENANTS

MEMORY VERSE:

‘’Behold the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah." - Jeremiah 31:31
BIBLE PASSAGE: Jeremiah 31:31-34
INTRODUCTION:
Covenants are important features of the Bible's teaching. Seven specific covenants are revealed on the Scripture. These seven covenants fall into three categories - conditional, unconditional and general.
Conditional covenants are based on certain obligations and prerequisites; if the requirements are not fulfilled, the covenant is broken. Unconditional covenants are made with no strings attached and will be kept regardless of one party's fidelity or infidelity. General covenants are not specific to one people group and can involve a wide range of people.

LESSON OUTLINES

1. The biblical covenants of old
2. The new covenant

THE BIBLICAL COVENANTS OF OLD

The general covenants of old are:
1. Adam's Covenant. This covenant is in two parts. The Edenic covenant found in Genesis 1:26-30; 2:16-17, which outlined man's responsibility toward creation and God's directive regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The second part of the Adamic covenant includes the curses pronounced against mankind for the sin of Adam and Eve as well as God's future provision for man's redemption (Genesis 3:15).
2. Noahic Covenant. This was made between God and Noah following the departure of Noah, his family and the animals from the ark (Genesis 9:11). This covenant included a sign of God's faithfulness to keep it - the rainbow.
The unconditional covenants are:
1. Abrahamic Covenant. In this covenant, God promised many things to Abraham. He personally promised that He would make Abraham's name great (Genesis 12:1-3), that Abraham would have numerous physical descendants (Genesis 13:16), and that he would be the father of a multitude of nations (Genesis 17:4-5). God also made promises regarding a nation called Israel. Another provision in the Abrahamic Covenant is that the families of the world will be blessed through the physical line of Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 22:18). This is a reference to the Messiah, who would come from the line of Abraham.
2. Palestinian Covenant. God promised to scatter Israel if they disobeyed Him, then to restore them at a later time to their land (Deuteronomy 30:1-10). This covenant has been fulfilled twice, with the Babylonian Captivity and subsequent rebuilding of Jerusalem under Cyrus the Great; and with the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, followed by the reinstatement of the nation of Israel in 1948.
3. Davidic Covenant. God promised to bless David's family line and assured an everlasting kingdom (2Samuel 7:8-16). Jesus is from the family line of David (Luke 1:32-33) and, as the Son of David (Mark 10:47), is the fulfillment of this covenant.
The Mosaic Covenant was a conditional covenant. It is found in Deut. 11, 28. It promised the Israelites a blessing for obedience and a curse for disobedience. The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) and the rest of the law are parts of the Mosaic covenant. Much of the Old Testament chronicles the fulfillment of this cycle of judgment for sin and later blessing when God's people repented and returned to God.

THE NEW COVENANT

This covenant, found in (Jeremiah 31:31-34), promised that God would forgive sin and have a close, unbroken relationship with His people. Under this new covenant, Jesus died in place of sinners, (Hebrews 9:23-28; John 1:29; Matthew 26:26-30). His blood would truly remove the sins of all who place their faith in Him (1John 1:9). It is a better covenant (Hebrews 8:6-13). It is a covenant of hope (Hebrews 7:18-19) and it is an everlasting one (Hebrews 13:20). It is a covenant of eternal inheritance, (Hebrews 2:8-9) that is, Christ's offer to forgive our sins and bring us to God through His sacrificial death. It is new in application because it is written in our heart and minds. It offers a new way to forgiveness through faith.
CONCLUSION:
Have you entered into this new covenant and started walking in the better way?
QUESTIONS
1. Mention the seven specific covenants in the Bible.
2. Explain the importance of the new covenant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 23, 2017
FIRST TO COMMENT cheesy

NOTHING TO SAY ON TH MATTER SHA
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Dumba088(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2017
H
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Chrisozone: 7:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Last last una mind dey our offering

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by 1Rebel: 7:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by DJMCOTTY(m): 7:38am On Apr 23, 2017
Amen
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Uniquexty(f): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks for bringing it to my remembrance

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
d)d)
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Christane: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Pls give me 100 likes 2day z my birthday april 23rd ...God bless me and all of u dat wil partake in d likes ...

26 Likes

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by emeijeh(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Great.. I'll use this in my parish today

2 Likes

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by PrinzDeJoy: 7:50am On Apr 23, 2017
This is awesome! more of it Nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Religion.. The opium of the people.
Even with the high patronage, Africa is yet to be on the map.
We have more churches than schools. More camp grounds than research centres.

The rate of visa applications abroad is on the high.
Captain to crew : abandon ship! I repeat, abandon ship.

3 Likes

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Badirukehinde(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Glory to God. His convenant is everlasting

2 Likes

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by junkle: 7:54am On Apr 23, 2017
Nicee
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Adecks01(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Good one
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by kaybbs(f): 8:13am On Apr 23, 2017
1Rebel:
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Siscooh: 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
If you share the Sunday school lessons on Sunday, we are blessed before we get to church and you are doing the work of Kingdom advance! God bless you so much. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2017
1Rebel:
Nonsense.
nonsense person spotted

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2017
This is so nice.... like it's posted here because of me

1 Like

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Kaimallamm: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Daboomb: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2017
rhektor:

2. Noahic Covenant. This was made between God and Noah following the departure of Noah, his family and the animals from the ark (Genesis 9:11). This covenant included a sign of God's faithfulness to keep it - the rainbow.

Ironically, do you notice that it is the same 'RAINBOW' that those Homosexual children of Satan, destined to be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah, .....have turned into their own SYMBOL of Perverseness?

God must be wondering what he should do about this wicked generation.
undecided undecided

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by clems88(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Chrisozone:
Last last una mind dey our offering
they force you?

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by clems88(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2017
Studied mine as soon as I woke up. Tnx to my company as they av made me not to go to church today angry
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by sample042(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2017
dirtymoney:
Religion.. The opium of the people.
Even with the high patronage, Africa is yet to be on the map.
We have more churches than schools. More camp grounds than research centres.

The rate of visa applications abroad is on the high.
Captain to crew : abandon ship! I repeat, abandon ship.

Gudmrn bro, Am Sam by name. Pls I ve bn tryn to reach u since yesterday thru Nairaland pm but it wasn't going thru, pls I want to inquire sm tinz frm u. Pls help me, I will be most grateful cos I knw u hv the wherewithal for my assistance. Pls its urgent... Below are my details; samplesvibe@gmail.com. Pls if u can flash I will call instantly. Thanks in advance.
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Lepkacious: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2017
1Rebel:
Nonsense.
must u comment?
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2017
rhektor:
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL

LESSON THIRTY-FOUR

SUNDAY, 23RD APRIL 2017

TOPIC: BIBLICAL COVENANTS

MEMORY VERSE:

‘’Behold the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah." - Jeremiah 31:31
BIBLE PASSAGE: Jeremiah 31:31-34
INTRODUCTION:
Covenants are important features of the Bible's teaching. Seven specific covenants are revealed on the Scripture. These seven covenants fall into three categories - conditional, unconditional and general.
Conditional covenants are based on certain obligations and prerequisites; if the requirements are not fulfilled, the covenant is broken. Unconditional covenants are made with no strings attached and will be kept regardless of one party's fidelity or infidelity. General covenants are not specific to one people group and can involve a wide range of people.

LESSON OUTLINES

1. The biblical covenants of old
2. The new covenant

THE BIBLICAL COVENANTS OF OLD

The general covenants of old are:
1. Adam's Covenant. This covenant is in two parts. The Edenic covenant found in Genesis 1:26-30; 2:16-17, which outlined man's responsibility toward creation and God's directive regarding the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The second part of the Adamic covenant includes the curses pronounced against mankind for the sin of Adam and Eve as well as God's future provision for man's redemption (Genesis 3:15).
The unconditional covenants are:
1. Abrahamic Covenant. In this covenant, God promised many things to Abraham. He personally promised that He would make Abraham's name great (Genesis 12:1-3), that Abraham would have numerous physical descendants (Genesis 13:16), and that he would be the father of a multitude of nations (Genesis 17:4-5). God also made promises regarding a nation called Israel. Another provision in the Abrahamic Covenant is that the families of the world will be blessed through the physical line of Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 22:18). This is a reference to the Messiah, who would come from the line of Abraham.
2. Palestinian Covenant. God promised to scatter Israel if they disobeyed Him, then to restore them at a later time to their land (Deuteronomy 30:1-10). This covenant has been fulfilled twice, with the Babylonian Captivity and subsequent rebuilding of Jerusalem under Cyrus the Great; and with the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, followed by the reinstatement of the nation of Israel in 1948.
3. Davidic Covenant. God promised to bless David's family line and assured an everlasting kingdom (2Samuel 7:8-16). Jesus is from the family line of David (Luke 1:32-33) and, as the Son of David (Mark 10:47), is the fulfillment of this covenant.
The Mosaic Covenant was a conditional covenant. It is found in Deut. 11, 28. It promised the Israelites a blessing for obedience and a curse for disobedience. The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) and the rest of the law are parts of the Mosaic covenant. Much of the Old Testament chronicles the fulfillment of this cycle of judgment for sin and later blessing when God's people repented and returned to God.

THE NEW COVENANT

This covenant, found in (Jeremiah 31:31-34), promised that God would forgive sin and have a close, unbroken relationship with His people. Under this new covenant, Jesus died in place of sinners, (Hebrews 9:23-28; John 1:29; Matthew 26:26-30). His blood would truly remove the sins of all who place their faith in Him (1John 1:9). It is a better covenant (Hebrews 8:6-13). It is a covenant of hope (Hebrews 7:18-19) and it is an everlasting one (Hebrews 13:20). It is a covenant of eternal inheritance, (Hebrews 2:8-9) that is, Christ's offer to forgive our sins and bring us to God through His sacrificial death. It is new in application because it is written in our heart and minds. It offers a new way to forgiveness through faith.
CONCLUSION:
Have you entered into this new covenant and started walking in the better way?
QUESTIONS
1. Mention the seven specific covenants in the Bible.
2. Explain the importance of the new covenant.

Bulllshiittt
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by jonnex: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2017
May the Lord continue to empower you in Jesus name. Amen, Don't relent in your efforts, keep it up. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by labanji(m): 10:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Bullshit!
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by rhektor(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Daboomb:

Ironically, do you notice that it is the same 'RAINBOW' that those Homosexual children of Satan, destined to be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah, .....have turned into their own SYMBOL of Perverseness?

God must be wondering what he should do about this wicked generation.
undecided undecided

Yes, the fact that God has made that as a sign that the world will not be destroyed by flood anymore would be the reason for them to feel that God might not destroy them. However, if God would not spare even Angels that misbehaved before the flood God will not spare thus perverse generation
Re: Rccg Sunday School, 23 April 2017 by rhektor(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
onyenze123:

Bulllshiittt

Bull shit or bull whatever, you just bothering yourself here why not use your time for something profitable

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be Poor In The Spirit? / What Is Sin? / Finally Rev. Okotie Set To Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.