Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos (2094 Views)

Which Of These Logos Is Better? / CLOSED / Pleqse Critique These Logos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 1:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Here they are

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 1:58am On Apr 23, 2017
another

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 2:00am On Apr 23, 2017
this one

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by erad(m): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2017
Bro, please forget about rating for now. Go back to the drawing board and practice more. Read more and conduct more research. The potential is there.

2 Likes

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2017
erad:
Bro, please forget about rating for now. Go back to the drawing board and practice more. Read more and conduct more research. The potential is there.
these are fake companies. They don't exist
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by erad(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
GrandGarcon:

That's not the point. Fake or real company, the logo designs up there are not worth any sane person's hard earned money or time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
erad:

That's not the point. Fake or real company, the logo designs up there are not worth any sane person's hard earned money or time.
show me yours then. lol Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by erad(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
GrandGarcon:
show me yours then. lol Nigerians

Like seriously? I thought you were interested in being a better designer, obviously not.

My profile is there for you to go through and see my designs if your ego will let you. I've gotten past that stage of posting stuffs for the purpose of comparison or to prove unreasonable points.

Ciao.

3 Likes

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
erad:

Like seriously? I thought you were interested in being a better designer, obviously not.

My profile is there for you to go through and see my designs if your ego will let you. I've gotten past that stage of posting stuffs for the purpose of comparison or to prove unreasonable points.

Ciao.

I have gone through them and I did not see anything extraordinary.
Rate the BBC logo please.
This is how rate it.
It is not extraordinary
it is memorable. You only need to see it once and it is in your subconscious.
It is Unique.
It is simple.
No crazy gradients.
Even an non artist can draw it very easily.
it is not noisy.
it is fitting for the organization it represents
it is not Beautiful.
These are what I expected from a fellow artist. Just list tge things you feel are not good or good. Daz all.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by erad(m): 1:38am On Apr 24, 2017
GrandGarcon:

I have gone through them and I did not see anything extraordinary.
Rate the BBC logo please.
This is how rate it.
It is not extraordinary
it is memorable. You only need to see it once and it is in your subconscious.
It is Unique.
It is simple.
No crazy gradients.
Even an non artist can draw it very easily.
it is not noisy.
it is fitting for the organization it represents
it is not Beautiful.
These are what I expected from a fellow artist. Just list tge things you feel are not good or good. Daz all.

Bros, the Lord is your strength.

Keep up the good work.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by OKX(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2017
@erad
There is really nothing constructive or tangible for the artist to take away from ur responses to help him become a better designer as u put it.

I do agree that the logos could do with improvement (as could your work or mine, or all of us) if u point out specific areas, it would help the artist at least understand ur point...not a blanket condemnation that comes across as discouraging. My thots.

@grand
A logo is more than just a visual element. Even if it's for a fictitious company, if u share the qualities of the fictitious brands and what u wished to capture, then I can have a basis for rating.

For example, the Kimberly Lawyers colour scheme doesn't speak of a law firm to me, but it is possible that it belongs to a woman whose favourite color is pink. Why the 3-pointed ninja-like shuriken image? Is it owned by three major partners? Is it a Japanese outfit?etc D design elements should be interpretative or symbolic. So more details would help me.

Pending clarification, the first image is merely an icon, easily downloadable and definitely not unique.

For d Kimberly design, personally I would either concentrate on either using the typeface as the logo OR creating an image as the logo and using a clear simple typeface for company name, NOT both, especially for a law firm. I would also choose a formal font to convey an official, legal feeling.

Generally, I would also ask myself if there is a single standalone element that could be used to represent the brand I am selling, and build my design around that. Simplicity rules! My thots.

3 Likes

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by erad(m): 10:32am On Apr 24, 2017
OKX:
@erad
There is really nothing constructive or tangible for the artist to take away from ur responses to help him become a better designer as u put it.

I do agree that the logos could do with improvement (as could your work or mine, or all of us) if u point out specific areas, it would help the artist at least understand ur point...not a blanket condemnation that comes across as discouraging. My thots.

@grand
A logo is more than just a visual element. Even if it's for a fictitious company, if u share the qualities of the fictitious brands and what u wished to capture, then I can have a basis for rating.

For example, the Kimberly Lawyers colour scheme doesn't speak of a law firm to me, but it is possible that it belongs to a woman whose favourite color is pink. Why the 3-pointed ninja-like shuriken image? Is it owned by three major partners? Is it a Japanese outfit?etc D design elements should be interpretative or symbolic. So more details would help me.

Pending clarification, the first image is merely an icon, easily downloadable and definitely not unique.

For d Kimberly design, personally I would either concentrate on either using the typeface as the logo OR creating an image as the logo and using a clear simple typeface for company name, NOT both, especially for a law firm. I would also choose a formal font to convey an official, legal feeling.

Generally, I would also ask myself if there is a single standalone element that could be used to represent the brand I am selling, and build my design around that. Simplicity rules! My thots.

Hmmm... wow. Did you read my initial input at all? There was no where I condemned him, all I did was encourage him in the most supportive way possible.

erad:

In my defence for my initial advice. I just thought it's impossible for one to grow if they keep trying to seek the approval of others on their designs. People will say a lot of things that you might even get to question if you are in the right profession.

This is branding, it's one of the most technical aspects of graphics design. I only gave an advice I'll appreciate anyone else to give me. I'm sorry if it came off as condemnation, I'll never condemn anyone especially someone I feel is trying to be better at what they do.

Note: I didn't even criticize you and you are so offended. what then happens when the real hardcore critics(most can't even draw a straight line on a computer) decide to have your time?

All the best. Once again, my sincere apologies.

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by OKX(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2017
@erad
Peace bro.
I believe we understand each other n that's good enough for me.

For d record tho, a rating is not asking for approval. It's just an objective assessment of a job and is actually d best way to improve....of course depending on d value u place on ur raters opinion.

Everyone's work is rated, ultimately by d client- and if he rates it high enough, u have a satisfied customer. Since those were for fictitious clients, we became the raters or pretend clients.

It's not an argument really, but u didn't come across as supportive, to me, at least.

But I believe u have cleared ur intentions.

Cheers.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
erad:

Hmmm... wow. Did you read my initial input at all? There was no where I condemned him, all I did was encourage him in the most supportive way possible.

In my defence for my initial advice. I just thought it's impossible for one to grow if they keep trying to seek the approval of others on their designs. People will say a lot of things that you might even get to question if you are in the right profession.

This is branding, it's one of the most technical aspects of graphics design. I only gave an advice I'll appreciate anyone else to give me. I'm sorry if it came off as condemnation, I'll never condemn anyone especially someone I feel is trying to be better at what they do.

Note: I didn't even criticize you and you are so offended. what then happens when the real hardcore critics(most can't even draw a straight line on a computer) decide to have your time?

All the best. Once again, my sincere apologies.
I did not sau you condemned me all I wanted was to know what and what is bad or what is good about them, I mean specific things because no simple logo is a bad logo, it is the implementation that may be bad. That is it.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
OKX:
@erad

@grand

You are a real person bro. Thanks so
much this is exactly what I was looking for, you know specifics. Thanks so much.
Yes actually the first is just a play icon. IT wasn't suppose to be here. You are damn right.
For the Kimberley logo, what you said is entirely correct! The monogram is for something like action videogames or blog or something of that nature. And the pink typography, once again you are spot on! What you said is exactly what I had in mind. YOU ARE A DAMN GOOD GRAPHICS DESIGNER! Very observant. Keep it up.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by extwoo(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2017
I thought the OP wanted an honest review of his work, in my own opinion, if you find erad's review Dissatisfactory then you've not met clients that will frustrate your life, after making several artworks, they will still tell you they don't like it.

Honestly Grand, the logo are not good enough, you need to work more on your choice of fonts, fonts carry different moods, some are serious, some playful and others formal, you need to choose then depending on your client.

I think your choice of colour needs a rethink as well, that pink one no cash am at all, it should have been all black and white.

Everybody needs to do more work obviously but if we wish to meet world standards, we need to take criticism from a positive view.

Asking Erad for his own work and saying Nigerians isn't a really good way to handle criticism, you asked for reviews.

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by romme2u: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Op this is what i think you should do before creating designs.

1. Go through the basics of colour theory.

2. Learn Typography (typefaces and fonts).

3. Learn Alignments and Rythm

4. Study the basics of Iconography, shapes and possibly a bit of calligraphy (if you fancy it).

These four things will enable you to create digital signatures that are appealing, symbolic and descriptive. Your designs will have a soul and personality.

Good luck in your quest
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
romme2u:
Op this is what i think you should do before creating designs.

1. Go through the basics of colour theory.

2. Learn Typography (typefaces and fonts).

3. Learn Alignments and Rythm

4. Study the basics of Iconography, shapes and possibly a bit of calligraphy (if you fancy it).

These four things will enable you to create digital signatures that are appealing, symbolic and descriptive. Your designs will have a soul and personality.

Good luck in your quest
You must render in black and white before adding colors when it comes to monograms. Which of the logos are you talking about? What are the bits and peices that are bad. I don't want a general condemnation or condonation if you know what I mean. I need specifics. For example the Kimberley logo, the monogram is not fitting but the font is good. the colour maybe but since I imagined that the firm is owned by a lady so I just made it pink. for the Hotel logo, I like the A monogram and the swoosh which represents water and spa but I dont think I loke the font because for art hotel because if printed on a business card it may be illegible. So you now know what I am looking for. Thanks!
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by anoda(m): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
GrandGarcon:
that's what makes it unique ,you can't just redesign a companies logo...... sadthink like a designer
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by itsRhamzy: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
I'm with erad 's opinion on this cause these logos I'm seeing are under average.
go back and do something better...
practice makes perfect as they say...
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by OKX(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
How well does it stand apart from other logos?

Is it unique and memorable — especially when compared to your competition?

Is your logo well-crafted?
Does it employ great symbology and excellent/appropriate typography?

Are the visual details of layout, color harmony, and illustration executed at the highest levels?

Does your logo scale well and reproduce effectively on a variety of platforms?

How well does your logo echo the brand story?
Does it communicate an appropriate metaphor?

Is it correctly aimed at the people and audiences who will draw the most meaning from it?

How well can your logo be used?

The questions above are culled from various articles online, but form a basis for rating a logo design.

The same logo design rendered in pink may look terrible, but brilliant in black.

'go and improve' or ' work harder' doesn't help d artist know what to focus on improving, unless the person advising is just a layman giving his overall impression.

I could rate as follows out of 10:
Concept; 4
Uniqueness: 3
Color Theme: 2
Typography: 3
Layout and Design: 2 etc.

That's more helpful to d artist.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by romme2u: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You must render in black and white before adding colors when it comes to monograms. Which of the logos are you talking about? What are the bits and peices that are bad. I don't want a general condemnation or condonation if you know what I mean. I need specifics. For example the Kimberley logo, the monogram is not fitting but the font is good. the colour maybe but since I imagined that the firm is owned by a lady so I just made it pink. for the Hotel logo, I like the A monogram and the swoosh which represents water and spa but I dont think I loke the font because for art hotel because if printed on a business card it may be illegible. So you now know what I am looking for. Thanks!

in summary i am telling u to go and learn the basics of graphic design.

i can't analyze what you put up here cos it does not adhere to the principles and the objectives of digital designs.

you don't just pick typefaces and select colours based on your feelings. Your designs should give an identity and personality to whatever it represent.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
romme2u:

in summary i am telling u to go and learn the basics of graphic design.

i can't analyze what you put up here cos it does not adhere to the principles and the objectives of digital designs.

you don't just pick typefaces and select colours based on your feelings. Your designs should give an identity and personality to whatever it represent.
You still don't get it.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
OKX:
How well does it stand apart from other logos?

Is it unique and memorable — especially when compared to your competition?

Is your logo well-crafted?
Does it employ great symbology and excellent/appropriate typography?

Are the visual details of layout, color harmony, and illustration executed at the highest levels?

Does your logo scale well and reproduce effectively on a variety of platforms?

How well does your logo echo the brand story?
Does it communicate an appropriate metaphor?

Is it correctly aimed at the people and audiences who will draw the most meaning from it?

How well can your logo be used?

The questions above are culled from various articles online, but form a basis for rating a logo design.

The same logo design rendered in pink may look terrible, but brilliant in black.

'go and improve' or ' work harder' doesn't help d artist know what to focus on improving, unless the person advising is just a layman giving his overall impression.

I could rate as follows out of 10:
Concept; 4
Uniqueness: 3
Color Theme: 2
Typography: 3
Layout and Design: 2 etc.

That's more helpful to d artist.

gbam
Thanks. They think making blanket condemnation means they know what they are saying.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by romme2u: 2:01am On Apr 28, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You still don't get it.

how?

you want me to rate you -10 of 5?

do you think i can pay for this?

what you put up there:

1. does not have proper alignment and rhythm

2. disjointed and unsuitable colors for what you are trying to represent

3. Misplaced typefaces
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2017
romme2u:

how?
you want me to rate you -10 of 5?
do you think i can pay for this?
what you put up there:
1. does not have proper alignment and rhythm
2. disjointed and unsuitable colors for what you are trying to represent
3. Misplaced typefaces
If you don't know what to say, please shut up!
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by OKX(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2017
@grand
U didn't give a fixed format for rating and d poster has given his views.

Its his opinion and u asked for it. Not all reviews will be to ur liking or satisfaction.

Ur response is inappropriate, in my opinion, and could very well discourage ppl who may have genuine points to make.

It's one thing to get people to understand how to review but a different thing entirely to accept the contents of d review.

Not everyone will be diplomatic in their delivery. It is up to u to sieve through and take the relevant points and ignore d jabs. Ur dealing with d mixed public.

Cheers n goodluck.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by romme2u: 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
GrandGarcon:
If you don't know what to say, please shut up!

yeah i knew this is how it is going to end. keep it up
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by GrandGarcon: 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
romme2u:

yeah i knew this is how it is going to end. keep it up
please just go away. Somebody else has already critiqued the logos step by step above. He told me what was wrong and what was right and where and where I can make the logos better. Not your blanket condemnation. Bkancket condemnation is not criticism. Peices everything and then say where needs improvement.
Re: Hello Guys Please Help In Rating These Logos by romme2u: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
GrandGarcon:
please just go away. Somebody else has already critiqued the logos step by step above. He told me what was wrong and what was right and where and where I can make the logos better. Not your blanket condemnation. Bkancket condemnation is not criticism. Peices everything and then say where needs improvement.

calm down, going away is at my prerogative cheesy

I am trying to help you improve your skill. when you finish going through the topics i recommended earlier, you will know that what you put up there cannot stand any review or rating.

i believe going through the basics and theory of digital designs will improve your work more than any feedback i can provide

(1) (Reply)

Can You Buy This Artwork Made By A Nigerian For 3million? / Becoming A 3D Animator: What It Takes And How To Get There / Photo Cartooning With Photoshop Cs6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.