Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation (705 Views)

2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by jaymejate: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2017
We all know that the rate at which things change in the world is exponential. There are stories in the Bible we all know, but seriously most of them we can never try to do the same thing.
They are:

1... HEROD'S DAUGHTER THAT ASKED FOR JOHN'S HEAD.

We can find this in Mark 6:22-27 ; She danced on her father's birthday, so he was pleased and he told her to ask anything.

25 "At once the girl hurried in to the king with the request: "I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter."

Trust me in this Generation, no one will ever request for that. Even if na Satan de that prison.
We'd rather request for Mansions in Lekki, latest SUVs, so much luxury. Do whatever you want with your prisoner, mine is to collect better things.
What will you do with a man's head, ritual? grin

2... THE WOMAN THAT GAVE HER LAST MEAL TO ELIJAH

1 kings 17:13 "Elijah said to her, "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small loaf of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son."

In this current time of recession, one man will come and say he is a pastor that you should give him your last food. Please can you give it?
Am i a fool? God told you not me so go and meet God to give you the food

3... ELIJAH ENTERING THE CHARIOT OF FIRE

2 kings 2

Imagine yourself going on the road, and then a chariot of fire parked beside you. What will you do? I will rather enter Danfo instead of that. Even the fear of fire will not let you go near and 20 minutes later, you'll see fire fighters battling the chariot. Who wan burn? grin

4... ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRA'S DEATH FOR LYING

Act 5:1-11

Here you will read about husband and wife that lied to the apostles. They sold their property, kept some and went to the apostles to give the remaining. They lied which caused their death.
Till now I'm still wondering why they have to die, of course it is their property.

That can never happen in church today. If you bring #100 to the Church, pastor will praise you.
Because if he dare curse you for bringing #100, that a minus and it may affect the church weekly income. The most powerful pastor on earth cannot do. If something like that want to happen, i will just collect my offering back and exit your church.

5... DANIEL REJECTING THE KINGS MEAL

Daniel 1

Believe me, this can never happen in this Generation. Imagine, you were given a scholarship to a special school with all benefits including free food. Can you see fried rice salad, chicken, all good food and still choose to drink Garri every day? It's not possible.

6... WOMAN WASHING THE FEET OF JESUS WITH HER HAIR

Luke 7:38 "As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them"

Which pastor will allow this these days? Even Jesus can't allow that.
Try that, next morning you will see your pics and your name on Nairaland on Sex scandal. Two weeks later, Sahara reporters go show the house you buy for her in Lekki. Lastly, another woman that did not know anything about it will claim you have slept with her before. So no prophet dare allow that. Pastor are very careful with everything these days. No woman can move anyhow around the pastor these days.

7... PETER WALKING ON WATER

For example, you're in a canoe ontop lagoon and one man ask you to come down and start walking on water. No just kill me instead. No one will ever try it. Even these ilaje people that can swim heaven and earth will not try it. Those that can try it are those trying to commit suicide already.

8... ISRAELITES CROSSING THE RED SEA

The Israelites crossed the red sea safely. If it happen this time, while crossing, we will all bring out our phones to take selfie. Some will even head back to EGYPT in search for network. It would be easy for the Egyptians to capture us.

9... SOLOMON ASKING FOR WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING

If God tell anyone today to ask for whatever thing they want, Wisdom can never come into your head to ask. We will ask for Money Money and Money or something else shaa but no one will ask for exactly what Solomon asked for. Money will buy Wisdom later.

10... LASTLY, JESUS SURRENDERING HIMSELF TO DIE FOR US.

You can ask me if i can die for the world. Please i can't and I'm sure no one can ever do it. We all have our life to live, to enjoy. I can't even die for my own self talk less of dying for the world.
That's why Jesus is Crowned the King and the saviour of the World.

Happy Sunday to you all

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by hopefulLandlord: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2017
Nice
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2017
I believe this is your opinion.. its a nice one...
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by alienvirus: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2017
You dey look for trouble
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2017
And so many other fictions grin
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by tukdi: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2017
Let me sit here and read comments! grin
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by exco90(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2017
nice one.. make sit for here.. am coming back
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by Tallesty1(m): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Number 2 and 5 are still happening
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by EVarn(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Some people still do some of those things even now..but anyway,its a good writeup.
Re: 10 Things That Happened In The Bible That Might NEVER Happen In This Generation by TerrorSquad(m): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2017
number one can still happen because the girl's father being a politician will open account for children children

(1) (Reply)

See Traffic At Ilorin Kwara State Due To Shiek Niyyas Celebration / How Come "Black People" Don't Run When They Hear The Name Jesus. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/07/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.