Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency (1410 Views)

#LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer / Buhari Failed In Areas We Expected Him To Act During His Visit – Benue Govt. / 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by BlowBack: 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
"Be careful of what you wish for, for it may come to pass"

The phrase above is a variation on the old Yiddish curse: May you get what you wish for. The idea is graphically illustrated in WW Jacob's famous short horror story, The Monkey’s Paw, in which a family whose son has been killed in a work accident wishes for him to come home, and deeply regrets it when he does, because they have failed to specify what condition - alive or dead.

It's also a theme in various stories about compacts with the devil, who grant your wish, but not exactly the way you want it, because you failed to specify all the conditions. Thus, in the remake of Bedazzled, the main character wishes to be rich and have a beautiful wife. And he wakes up as a powerful narco-traffic ante in Latin America whose rivals are trying to kill him and married to a beautiful woman who hates him.

The idea is that you may not have thought through the consequences of having your wish come true, which maybe not so good as you thought.

This thus brings us to our already FAILED President Buhari, who after four desperate attempts finally gets what he has always wished for.

Desperate times they say call for desperate measures. There was a time Buhari and his ilk were ready to set Nigeria ablaze if Power did not return to the north in the form of a Buhari Presidency.

Today, they have their wish and how painfully irritating it must be for them.

I will remind all of you that power is transient and only comes from the almighty powers of Heaven. In the case of President Buhari, who wastes away in front of the entire world in the midst of power, his wish has surely been granted by GOD.

God works in very mysterious ways and we mere mortals never can grasp God's plan as it unfolds. God granted them power to make their final disgrace evident to all and forgotten by none. The same power they desperately sought with the blood of the Monkey and Baboon to which they continued to spill after getting it has heralded a new epoch - one of Nigeria's imminent destiny towards balkanization.

Truly Change has come. Buhari and his satanic islamofascist APC brethren have set the country towards a path of final balkanization and for giggles God has given them front row viewing seats. Historians will rather honor the first dog then remember the last. Buhari has given himself the unenviable title as the one who ended the Fulani hegemony over the region formerly known as Nijeriya!

Theme song for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOeDTfhwsAo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Iamwrath: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
I am yet to find any sense in this post other than hatred for Buhari

4 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by BlowBack: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Iamwrath:
I am yet to find any sense in this post other than hatred for Buhari

APOSTASY: The inability or refusal to identify and condemn evil

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Iamwrath: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Borrow me a big english for finding failure in every good effort ?
BlowBack:

APOSTASY: The inability or refusal to identify and condemn evil

2 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by porka: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
Do Nigerians have the 'capacity' to learn and draw lessons from any event?

Do people who believe so much in 'magic' have the reasoning abilities to separate wishful thinking from reality?

Were the people who experienced or whose parents suffered the brutality of Buhari regime in the '80s not at the forefront of the Sai Baba Home Video crew?

9 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by BlowBack: 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
porka:
Do Nigerians have the 'capacity' to learn and draw lessons from any event?

Do people who believe so much in 'magic' have the reasoning abilities to separate wishful thinking from reality?

Were the people who experienced or whose parents suffered the brutality of Buhari regime in the '80s not at the forefront of the Sai Baba Home Video crew?

Zombeism is a venereal disease.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
This is a childish post. The OP opened a thread to insult those who threw the last kleptomania government out of office. You will find guys like Reno Wendel Simlin Omokri behind such handles.. You did this silly online nonsense when your hero was President, you failed. You recently conducted online survey where people rejected PDP and your hero again and again, for how long will you continue wailing?
Watch him attack my post by calling himself wailing zombie....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by ZombieTAMER: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist and a failure
A president that termed his subjects 97and 5 %

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by ZombieTAMER: 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:
This is a childish post. The OP opened a thread to insult those who threw the last kleptomania government out of office. You will find guys like Reno Wendel Simlin Omokri behind such handles.. You did this silly online nonsense when your hero was President, you failed. You recently conducted online survey where people rejected PDP and your hero again and again, for how long will you continue wailing?
Watch him attack my post by calling himself wailing zombie....
Well said bro
Are you a Yoruba Muslim ?
I just remembered that Buhari is an Hausa Fulani

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Well said bro
Are you a Yoruba Muslim ?
I just remembered that Buhari is an Hausa Fulani

I am a Christian. That is one thing you will never understand about the Yorubas. They don't do religious bigotry like you. In a family you will find people with different religion cohabiting. That is why it is not uncommon to find Wife a muslim and the husband a christian and vice versa.
Islam and Christianity are both imported religion, uknown to us just 200 years ago. We don't try to be more catholic than the pope.
Majority of the Chinese are neither Muslims nor Christians. Go figure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by obonujoker(m): 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

I am a Christian. That is one thing you will never understand about the Yorubas. They don't do religious bigotry like you. In a family you will find people with different religion cohabiting. That is why it is not uncommon to find Wife a muslim and the husbnad a christian and vice versa.
Islam and Christianity are both imported religion, uknown to us just 200 years ago. We don't try to be more catholic than the pope.

U can't serve two masters bro.... don't be a deceiver...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by FeloniousFelon: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

I am a Christian. That is one thing you will never understand about the Yorubas. They don't do religious bigotry like you. In a family you will find people with different religion cohabiting. That is why it is not uncommon to find Wife a muslim and the husband a christian and vice versa.

The People's Tyrant

Plato thought political regimes followed a predictable evolutionary course, from oligarchy to democracy to tyranny. Oligarchies give way to democracies when the elites fail, when they become spoiled, lazy, profligate, and when they develop interests apart from those they rule.

Democracies give way to tyrannies when mob passion overwhelms political wisdom and a populist autocrat seizes the masses. But the tyrant is not quite a tyrant at first. On the contrary, in a democracy the would-be tyrant offers himself as the people’s champion. He’s the ultimate simplifier, the one man who can make everything whole again.

Sound familiar?

Other than Plato's wise council on how a civilized society can find itself a few generations ahead under the vice-grip of a tyrant, the Holy Bible contain a treasure trove of wisdom on how mankind eventually lost their freedoms to their fellow man in the form of hero-worship.

God's original grand plan for man was for man to exist side by side with Him. Then man rebelled and God had to banish Adam and Eve from His presence.

God's overwhelming love for mankind led God to still establish contact with man via heavenly emissaries to those select few He saw worthy of His contact warning and guiding the people through His Prophets of old. We can then safely assume that Theocracy was the first and earliest form of human governance.

Then the temptation of Moses occurred where he gave in to appointing Judges to help deputize God's authority among the Israelites. This marked the Legislative era of corrupt judges.

Groaning under the corruption they had found themselves, the Jews decided that it be wise to appoint a single man among themselves to rule over them and to purge the corruption of the Judges and Priests. The anointing of Saul as King was the beginning of tyranny that the Jews will face for most part of their history.

Despotism thus arises when a given set of people have given up on their own ability to govern themselves and it usually precedes that of a democratized period.

We are witnessing a severe assault on our nascent democracy by surprisingly enough those who are currently within the corridor of power as a result of the same democratic processes.

To these set of charlatans, democracy is merely a means to acquire power and not a suitable form of governance.

To these bunch of tin gods, the very people who elected them into power are to be whipped into line and their concerns and voice gagged.

Surprisingly their gullible zombies are very much in agreement with their assault on democracy and her tenets.

I don't blame Buhari at all for being a despot and a tyrant neither do I blame his hordes of Abacha era cronies and sycophants that have been transplanted from their state of hibernation into the corridors of Aso Rock. Rather I lay the blame squarely on the myopic, slavish and gullible morons who voted and still champion this despot as the best thing since slice bread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3718442/peoples-tyrant#55188564

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
obonujoker:

U can't serve two masters bro.... don't be a deceiver...
This has nothing to do with deception. This is religious tolerance. Your religion should be a private issue. Like I wrote earlier and I will repeat again, may be you can get something out of it. Islam and Christianity are foreign religion alien to us just few centuries ago. Majority of Chinese are nether Christians nor Muslims, yet they are progressing.
Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

The People's Tyrant

Plato thought political regimes followed a predictable evolutionary course, from oligarchy to democracy to tyranny. Oligarchies give way to democracies when the elites fail, when they become spoiled, lazy, profligate, and when they develop interests apart from those they rule.

Democracies give way to tyrannies when mob passion overwhelms political wisdom and a populist autocrat seizes the masses. But the tyrant is not quite a tyrant at first. On the contrary, in a democracy the would-be tyrant offers himself as the people’s champion. He’s the ultimate simplifier, the one man who can make everything whole again.

Sound familiar?

Other than Plato's wise council on how a civilized society can find itself a few generations ahead under the vice-grip of a tyrant, the Holy Bible contain a treasure trove of wisdom on how mankind eventually lost their freedoms to their fellow man in the form of hero-worship.

God's original grand plan for man was for man to exist side by side with Him. Then man rebelled and God had to banish Adam and Eve from His presence.

God's overwhelming love for mankind led God to still establish contact with man via heavenly emissaries to those select few He saw worthy of His contact warning and guiding the people through His Prophets of old. We can then safely assume that Theocracy was the first and earliest form of human governance.

Then the temptation of Moses occurred where he gave in to appointing Judges to help deputize God's authority among the Israelites. This marked the Legislative era of corrupt judges.

Groaning under the corruption they had found themselves, the Jews decided that it be wise to appoint a single man among themselves to rule over them and to purge the corruption of the Judges and Priests. The anointing of Saul as King was the beginning of tyranny that the Jews will face for most part of their history.

Despotism thus arises when a given set of people have given up on their own ability to govern themselves and it usually precedes that of a democratized period.

We are witnessing a severe assault on our nascent democracy by surprisingly enough those who are currently within the corridor of power as a result of the same democratic processes.

To these set of charlatans, democracy is merely a means to acquire power and not a suitable form of governance.

To these bunch of tin gods, the very people who elected them into power are to be whipped into line and their concerns and voice gagged.

Surprisingly their gullible zombies are very much in agreement with their assault on democracy and her tenets.

I don't blame Buhari at all for being a despot and a tyrant neither do I blame his hordes of Abacha era cronies and sycophants that have been transplanted from their state of hibernation into the corridors of Aso Rock. Rather I lay the blame squarely on the myopic, slavish and gullible morons who voted and still champion this despot as the best thing since slice bread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3718442/peoples-tyrant#55188564

Copy and paste this kind of nonsensical article from now till eternity, majority of Nigerians are happy that they threw out the Kleptomania Jonothing. Abuses and emotional blackmail will not bring him back. Guaranteed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by FeloniousFelon: 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

Copy and paste this kind of nonsensical article from now till eternity, majority of Nigerians are happy that they threw out the Kleptomania Jonothing. Abuses and emotional blackmail will not bring him back. Guaranteed.

Keep foaming like a rabid dog.

4 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

Keep foaming like a rabid dog.

Here comes the abuse from the immature. Keep abusing yourself as if it puts food on your table.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by FeloniousFelon: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

This has nothing to do with deception. This is religious tolerance. Your religion should be a private issue. Like I wrote earlier and I will repeat again, may be you can get something out of it. Islam and Christianity are foreign religion alien to us just few centuries ago. Majority of Chinese are nether Christians nor Muslims, yet they are progressing.

Shut it!

You cucklords can not even control your households and you claim it to be tolerance and progressiveness?

Religious beliefs is the most fundamental ideology and defining character shaping principle in everyman

Your dysfuctional behaviour in having a woman as your wife who doesnt share in your core religious principles shows how derelict your marriage institutions have become.

No wonder Yorubas are setting the pace for baby mama

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by FeloniousFelon: 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

Here comes the abuse from the immature. Keep abusing yourself as if it puts food on your table.

You must really think high of yourselves

You have been on this thread foaming and throwing insults without even contributing one sensible comment.

Is this what they pay you to do?

2 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

Shut it!

You cucklords can not even control your households and you claim it to be tolerance and progressiveness?

Religious beliefs is the most fundamental ideology and defining character shaping principle in everyman

Your dysfuctional behaviour in having a woman as your wife who doesnt share in your core religious principles shows how derelict your marriage institutions have become.

No wonder Yorubas are setting the pace for baby mama

You should see a Psychiatrist. Yorubas are not responsible for whatever is wrong with your life.

1 Like

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

You must really think high of yourselves

You have been on this thread foaming and throwing insults without even contributing one sensible comment.

Is this what they pay you to do?

Dont judge me by your standard. I am here contributing freely.
Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by FeloniousFelon: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

Dont judge me by your standard. I am here contributing freely.

Yorubas are fond of pointing to the prevalence of inter-faith marriages among themselves as evidence of their religious tolerance.

I call this pure un-adulterated Bullsh1t of the highest order!

If we consider that most of these inter-faith marriages usually occur between Muslim and Christian couples which naturally places the authority of the household under the Man and his wife (wives) under him, I wonder how a Yoruba man will get the goofy idea that his wife can decide to be a muslim or christian or sango worshipper?

This clearly shows that your average yoruba man is the most cucked being to walk on two feet.

A man that can't excersice authority over his household or who is so liberal as to associate and cohabit with a woman he calls his wife who professes a different fundamental belief system is not in any way a liberal progressive but a cucklord.

Stop using this dysfunctionality to represent progressiveness in your people as this naturally only highlights your cucked out status.

2 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by EmeeNaka: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
I have learnt that the North will never save Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by obonujoker(m): 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
deji15:

Everyone knows Buhari is a failure too bro...

3 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by FeloniousFelon: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
obonujoker:

Everyone knows Buhari is a failure too bro...

a very spectacular failure at that too.

It seems the only thing the tyrannosaurs knows how to do is to fck things up for everyone.

Even Aisha is not happy

2 Likes

Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by KwaraRat: 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
BlowBack:
"Be careful of what you wish for, for it may come to pass"

The phrase above is a variation on the old Yiddish curse: May you get what you wish for. The idea is graphically illustrated in WW Jacob's famous short horror story, The Monkey’s Paw, in which a family whose son has been killed in a work accident wishes for him to come home, and deeply regrets it when he does, because they have failed to specify what condition - alive or dead.

It's also a theme in various stories about compacts with the devil, who grant your wish, but not exactly the way you want it, because you failed to specify all the conditions. Thus, in the remake of Bedazzled, the main character wishes to be rich and have a beautiful wife. And he wakes up as a powerful narco-traffic ante in Latin America whose rivals are trying to kill him and married to a beautiful woman who hates him.

The idea is that you may not have thought through the consequences of having your wish come true, which maybe not so good as you thought.

This thus brings us to our already FAILED President Buhari, who after four desperate attempts finally gets what he has always wished for.

Desperate times they say call for desperate measures. There was a time Buhari and his ilk were ready to set Nigeria ablaze if Power did not return to the north in the form of a Buhari Presidency.

Today, they have their wish and how painfully irritating it must be for them.

I will remind all of you that power is transient and only comes from the almighty powers of Heaven. In the case of President Buhari, who wastes away in front of the entire world in the midst of power, his wish has surely been granted by GOD.

God works in very mysterious ways and we mere mortals never can grasp God's plan as it unfolds. God granted them power to make their final disgrace evident to all and forgotten by none. The same power they desperately sought with the blood of the Monkey and Baboon to which they continued to spill after getting it has heralded a new epoch - one of Nigeria's imminent destiny towards balkanization.

Truly Change has come. Buhari and his satanic islamofascist APC brethren have set the country towards a path of final balkanization and for giggles God has given them front row viewing seats. Historians will rather honor the first dog then remember the last. Buhari has given himself the unenviable title as the one who ended the Fulani hegemony over the region formerly known as Nijeriya!

Theme song for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOeDTfhwsAo
Re: What We Can All Learn From Buhari's Failed Presidency by KwaraRat: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
BMC staffers like omenka will have to relocate back to Kwara anytime soon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obj Once Arrested Nnandi Kanu And Released Him .. Govt Should Dialogue With IPOB / Urhobo Youth And Elders Pledges Full Support To Kanu On Freedom Struggle / "I Will Expose Your Role In Chibok Girls Kidnapping, Alhassan Threatens El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.