Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time (4119 Views)

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. / "There Is Only One Greatest Of All Time, Lionel Messi" - Eden Hazard / Ernesto Valverde: "Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Menh: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
There has been a long standing arguement about who is the best player in the world between Messi and CR7.
However, in to night's El-Classico Messi has finally put the arguement to rest by declaring himself the very best and CR7 as second best scoring two decisive goals (Unlike CR7 offside goals against Bayern) thereby deciding the El-Classico.
Therefore, no more comparism King Messi is Greatest and the Very Best of ALL time.

2 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by emeijeh(m): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
There are more El-Classicos to come.

It was Messi's night tho'

2 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Menh: 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
emeijeh:
There are more El-Classicos to come.

It was Messi's night tho'
Not just this night Messi always show up in big games compared to Cristiano
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by harlems02: 12:07am On Apr 24, 2017
Messi can never be the best of all time. The best of all time and who can be classified as the god of football is no other but the great PELE of Brazil. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by mykelmeezy: 2:06am On Apr 24, 2017
harlems02:
Messi can never be the best of all time. The best of all time and who can be classified as the god of football is no other but the great PELE of Brazil. Thank you.

running around in boxers n longsleeve dont make you the best

graham made a telephone

but can it compete with iphone 7 or s8

similarly messi is an upgraded pele.....

3 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by nelsonebby(m): 2:23am On Apr 24, 2017
man UTD fans will disagree with you.

grin

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 7:32am On Apr 24, 2017
Aside his goals dat changed the game, his impact was immense, he single handedly sent ramos and casemiero off, ran out d midfield n defence, is not tooo reluctant to score like cR7 who should hav made some passes but rather shooting alone @ goal. Messi is the very best, no doubt!!!

2 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by ominilongest(m): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2017
Awon weyrey e decide el-clasico and dat means he's the greatest... grin grin...where was he when juventus dey Bleep barca guess he was not at his best...and Ronaldo scored 5goals home and away to Bayern...dey are both good but messi has slight edge over cr7#halamadrid

5 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2017
Let me know when the great one wins the world cup or copa america.

PELE the greatest of all time!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
easyelliot:
Let me know when the great one wins the world cup or copa america.

PELE the greatest of all time!!!!!!

Let me know when pele or maradona wins the balon d'or 5times and still counting.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
Frankaka8:
Let me know when pele or maradona wins the balon d'or 5times and still counting.....

You are comparing a global title to an individual award

Somebody tell the great one to leave barca and let's see how great he is.

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
How can some people be so daft, just because he won the game for barca last night doesn't mean he is the greatest of all time. Do you even know the meaning of Greatest? He had played six clasicos without a goal and he ends the drought now make him greatest ever. But I still prefer him to Rinaldo.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
easyelliot:

You are comparing a global title to an individual award

Somebody tell the great one to leave barca and let's see how great he is.

can yu also compare pele's opponents to dis current opponents as regards defenders?? Messi was/is the MVP (Best player of the tournamnet)at the Last Worldcup in the midst of over 700 footballers that partook. And dat wasn't a barca team. So what is ur claim?? Messi got to the worldcup finals(end of the tournamnt) and lost on extra time after 90mins with an injury rocked argentina team is enof feat.

2 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
OVA200:
How can some people be so daft, just because he won the game for barca last night doesn't mean he is the greatest of all time. Do you even know the meaning of Greatest? He had played six clasicos without a goal and he ends the drought now make him greatest ever. But I still prefer him to Rinaldo.
scoring is not the issue, buh if u insist, HE Is THE HIGHEST GOAL SCORER in elclasico, despite not scoring 6prev times. My point is ..... see his impact in d game, despite all the harsh elbows, and tackles!!!!
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
OVA200:
plx when last did christiano scored in d el clasico??
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
kingDELE:
plx when last did christiano scored in d el clasico??
This is what is killing many football fan physical and psychologically. Am I comparing him with Ronaldo or against the fact that you called him the Greatest ever because of el clasico exploit.
BTW did you read my last sentence because am not sure you did

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
Frankaka8:
scoring is not the issue, buh if u insist, HE Is THE HIGHEST GOAL SCORER in elclasico, despite not scoring 6prev times. My point is ..... see his impact in d game, despite all the harsh elbows, and tackles!!!!
Please stop reasoning like a baby, did I dispute the fact that he is fantastically wonderful in the match or the fact that you call him the Greatest just because of the exploit, I don't think you know what it takes to be the greatest in any field or profession
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
OVA200:
This is what is killing many football fan physical and psychologically. Am I comparing him with Ronaldo or against the fact that you called him the Greatest ever because of el clasico exploit.
BTW did you read my last sentence because am not sure you did
who knws if u were using ur last sentence to look like a saint...

No lover of messi will feel pained when ever messi is address d GREATEST.....

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
kingDELE:

Abeg help me tell dem grin

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
Frankaka8:
can yu also compare pele's opponents to dis current opponents as regards defenders?? Messi was/is the MVP (Best player of the tournamnet)at the Last Worldcup in the midst of over 700 footballers that partook. And dat wasn't a barca team. So what is ur claim?? Messi got to the worldcup finals(end of the tournamnt) and lost on extra time after 90mins with an injury rocked argentina team is enof feat.

For somebody so great, he sure wilts when he is not wearing barca colors.
*He was listless and scoreless in the WC final that they outplayed Germany,
* He was so great at copas that he missed a penalty and tried to hide his face in his jersey
* Maradona handed him the team and arm band to try to take him to the next level at world cup 2010....they were run out the building by Germany

Pele has 3 world cup titles
Maradonna has 1 title
Where is Messi's world cup title and Olympic medal of 2008 is close but not the same

Next world cup is next year and a messi led Argentina can't even qualify out of their group. FIFA will find a way to get them in with some 2 leg qualifier against Tahiti or somebody like that. So no wahala.

But its just opinion, with cold hard facts.

Champions league titles and LA liga titles are great for CV sake, but its incomplete without a WC title for a player designated as the great one.

2 Likes

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Martinez19(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Menh:

Not just this night Messi always show up in big games compared to Cristiano
big games like the quarter final tie against juventus?
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Frankaka8(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
easyelliot:

* He was so great at copas that he missed a penalty and tried to hide his face in his jersey
* Maradona handed him the team and arm band to try to take him to the next level at world cup 2010....they were run out the building by Germany

Maradonna has 1 title
Where is Messi's world cup title and Olympic medal of 2008 is close but not the same

Next world cup is next year and a messi led Argentina can't even qualify out of their group. FIFA will find a way to get them in with some 2 leg qualifier against Tahiti or somebody like that. So no wahala.

Champions league titles and LA liga titles are great for CV sake, but its incomplete without a WC title for a player designated as the great one.

strike maradona outta ya option, he is a drug addict during his time. And strike pele outta it, cos football was tooooooooooo wack back then. Messi is the best and most gifted football ever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
Martinez19:
big games like the quarter final tie against juventus?

So he should score 3 against juve? I bet ronaldo would be no where to be found when 3 down against juventus. undecided
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Martinez19(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
foladj:

So he should score 3 against juve? I bet ronaldo would be no where to be found when 3 down against juventus. undecided
But he is the greatest nah have you forgotten? Where was he when juventus were scoring three? Those Ronaldo's incapability determines Messi's incapablity? If yes, in a way, you are saying Ronaldo is better. If I were to pick I would say Messi but give it to those guys.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
foladj:

Abeg help me tell dem grin

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by easyelliot(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Frankaka8:
strike maradona outta ya option, he is a drug addict during his time. And strike pele outta it, cos football was tooooooooooo wack back then. Messi is the best and most gifted football ever!

Lol, no wahala
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by kingDELE(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
easyelliot:

Maradonna has 1 title

beliv it or not, world cup best player is something dat ronaldo will neva have.

His team won d euro 2016 not him. He offered nothing.

Messi took Argentina to d world cup final.

I guess u are aware of his ban from world cup qualification?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My only problem is how u always open ur trash can to say fifa do favour messi's side...
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
kingDELE:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My only problem is how u always open ur trash can to say fifa do favour messi's side...

Even those crazy fifa gave him 4 Match ban in World Cup qualifiers angry
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
kingDELE:

Am a lover of good football and am I don't watch football with sentiment, am a Chelsea fan but love Barcelona's way of playing but I just can't because I love Messi or being privilege to watch him play and now underestimate the impact of all the great player that have played the beautiful game.
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Frankaka8:
Please don't say this elsewhere because it doesn't make any sense.
Football is wack in Pele's era right? Now let me ask you this questions:
Is it only Pele that is playing then? (I.e if Pele is scoring as many goals as possible there should be another player that suppose to be scoring goal like that too now)

The country that won the most World cup won 5 and Pele has a person have 3 ( doest that means World cup is full of wack players too )

Please don't let us spoil the privilege of watching Lionel Messi play and forget that those legend works so hard for what they achieved. He is the best of his generation but not the greatest ever yet.

1 Like

Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
OVA200:
Please don't say this elsewhere because it doesn't make any sense.
Football is wack in Pele's era right? Now let me ask you this questions:
Is it only Pele that is playing then? (I.e if Pele is scoring as many goals as possible there should be another player that suppose to be scoring goal like that too now)

The country that won the most World cup won 5 and Pele has a person have 3 ( doest that means World cup is full of wack players too )

Please don't let us spoil the privilege of watching Lionel Messi play and forget that those legend works so hard for what they achieved. He is the best of his generation but not the greatest ever yet.

Then who is the greatest?
Re: No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time by OVA200(m): 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
kingDELE:

Please don't change the topic of this thread, not Ronaldo vs Messi but Messi being the greatest ever. All what you said is against Ronaldo and favouring Messi, Your claim greatest ever player is winning best player of the tournament and and those you claim inferior to him are winning the tournament, one even won 3, please reason again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

100% Sure Betting Tips- Time To Make That Money / After Bayern Won The Champions League, Checkout What Their Player Did To Neymar / Sport King Bet Predictions (join Now And You Might Get Lucky)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.