Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,813 members, 7,837,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China (602 Views)

Magu Urges Nigerians To Shun Corruption As African China, I Go Dye Thrill Abuja / African China: Police Men Who Harassed & Threatened To Shoot Me Have Been Jailed / Policeman Threathens To Shoot African China (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by 1960TECH(m): 2:06am On Apr 24, 2017
Singer African China, in an interview withSunday Scoop, talked about his music and the price he pays for doing his kind of songs.
According to the LETTER TO MR PRESIDENT crooner, he now gets threats for singing about the sad economic state of the nation.
“The circumstance of the country now warrants for a song like that. The economic recession is affecting people in the country badly and some generations that are not aware of the value of the original song can learn from this remix. A lot of people have reached out to me that this is the best time for me to have released that song. I want the original song to remain on its own and for this one to stand out too. I have always been doing socially conscious songs and I wouldn’t relent. My song,Anu Gboko, talks about the menace of Boko Haram and other societal ills. I have always been the mouthpiece of the Nigerian people and no matter how much I’m threatened, I wouldn’t stop. It is better for me to speak my mind and die because even if I don’t speak, I would still die,” he said.
“Some people telephone me to say that they are coming after me. Most times, they hide their numbers when calling and I dare them to reveal their numbers. Since they are the ones threatening me, they shouldn’t be afraid to show their faces. I’m a street boy and I fear no man. I did not call anybody’s name in the song but I guess some people feel affected by the lyrics of the song as a result of their guilty conscience.”
He continued:
“I have experienced that on a number of occasions but it cannot stop me. Even some artistes are scared of singing songs like that because they need the money and they fear that their patronage would reduce. I am not doing this for the money but for the people I’m serving. That is what Fela did and that’s why even in death, he stands out. There are many musicians that were around during Fela’s era but they are not remembered today, so if you don’t leave a legacy behind, you would be forgotten easily,” he said.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by Osezzua(m): 2:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Re: I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by phynofino: 3:28am On Apr 24, 2017
Word
Re: I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by prolificJosh(m): 4:43am On Apr 24, 2017
U sef feature tu face for ur song.. And watch pple sending u love... Av u not heard dt, we don't want ur truth anymore? Gv us lies, tel us us u av 30 billion, call ur baby Diana, sing about bum bum... And watch us book ur show enter nxt yr.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by cassidy1996(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2017
China has good songs, i play his songs sometimes +no matter say i comot+
Re: I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by Came: 6:55am On Apr 24, 2017
You dey speak phoney ,,phoney no fit the kind music way you dey sing, you just use your hand kill your music career.
Re: I No Longer Get Shows Because Of My Kind Of Music – African China by OKorowanta: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2017
prolificJosh:
U sef feature tu face for ur song.. And watch pple sending u love... Av u not heard dt, we don't want ur truth anymore? Gv us lies, tel us us u av 30 billion, call ur baby Diana, sing about bum bum... And watch us book ur show enter nxt yr.

Lol
Pls sir,is he free to sing about breast too?

(1) (Reply)

2face Idibia And Wife Having Swimming Fun With Family In Thier Home(Photo,Video) / Watch Video Of Banky W And Adesua Etomi's Kissing At Their Introduction In Lagos / 10 Best American New Artists Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.