Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari (1495 Views)

Reps Summon Mamman, Ngige, PENCOM Boss Over FG, Power Sector Workers’ Crisis / How I Was Attacked - Jasper Ndubuaku Speaks On The Beating He Got In Imo / What Each State Got In Paris Club Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by RipplesNigeria: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
More facts have emerged on why the Presidency, relieved the Director General of National Pension Commission (PenCom), Mrs. Chinelo Anohu-Amazu, and other commissioners, of their position, even as a crisis is said to be brewing in the pension’s office over the relief of its boss.
A senior management staff, who would not want to be named said, the insistence of the management team, led by Amazu, that government should not borrow the N3.5 trillion pension contribution funds for other uses, was the real reason for dissolving the management team, which still has one year to go.
He said on more than three occasion, in 2016, officials from the Ministry of Finance, Budget Office and Debt Management Office, approached the board and management of PenCom on the desire of government to utilize the pension contributory funds, now about N3.5 trillion to run the 2016 budget, and which is to be refunded after the loan facilities it is expecting from the international institutions come through.
“But on each of such meeting, the management would draw attention of the officials to the law establishing the Commission, which makes it unlawful to divert any part of the contributory funds to other uses.

Read details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/sacked-pencom-boss-got-trouble-buhari/

1 Like

Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by Laird(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
RipplesNigeria:
More facts have emerged on why the Presidency, relieved the Director General of National Pension Commission (PenCom), Mrs. Chinelo Anohu-Amazu, and other commissioners, of their position, even as a crisis is said to be brewing in the pension’s office over the relief of its boss.
A senior management staff, who would not want to be named said, the insistence of the management team, led by Amazu, that government should not borrow the N3.5 trillion pension contribution funds for other uses, was the real reason for dissolving the management team, which still has one year to go.
He said on more than three occasion, in 2016, officials from the Ministry of Finance, Budget Office and Debt Management Office, approached the board and management of PenCom on the desire of government to utilize the pension contributory funds, now about N3.5 trillion to run the 2016 budget, and which is to be refunded after the loan facilities it is expecting from the international institutions come through.
“But on each of such meeting, the management would draw attention of the officials to the law establishing the Commission, which makes it unlawful to divert any part of the contributory funds to other uses.

Read details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/sacked-pencom-boss-got-trouble-buhari/

If the above quoted post is 100 percent true with no addition nor subtractiontrue, The Ex Pension Dg should be commended for saying and doing the right thing because People's pension might be mismanaged by the Government and maybe not repaid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by asfrank(m): 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
Personally I doubt dis write-up. If she was so clean why would she refuse to leave the office even after her sack as it was alleged. I think if she was so clean she would be granting interviews by now on how the government sack her for refusing to compromise. My opinion though.I think there is more to this than what u wrote, perhaps truth been twisted

3 Likes

Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by pchukwudi: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
And who exactly told you that she REFUSED to leave office? Did you bother to critique that info the same way you are doing now on this thread?

asfrank:
Personally I doubt dis write-up. If she was so clean why would she refuse to leave the office even after her sack as it was alleged. I think if she was so clean she would be granting interviews by now on how the government sack her for refusing to compromise. My opinion though.I think there is more to this than what u wrote, perhaps truth been twisted
Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
False news
Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by asfrank(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
pchukwudi:
And who exactly told you that she REFUSED to leave office? Did you bother to critique that info the same way you are doing now on this thread?

Chwukudi I knw I hv commmented on an issue concerning your sister. On dis same platform d news of her refusal to leave office was circulating, I am nt quite sure u went through it, at a poinT d DSS had to storm d office. Bt if u want u might check dis;

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://adelove.com/2017/04/22/dss-raids-pencom-office-over-refusal-of-ex-dg-to-vacate-office/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjPjq2FoL3TAhVKCsAKHaNVBdUQFggXMAQ&sig2=3v-t1NE0T8GT2l5j5HK33w&usg=AFQjCNFl0zJ30GdkIpjyQaEONkcNNcXPrA

1 Like

Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by OAFMods: 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
pchukwudi:

So you expect him to critique the info of the sacked boss but you chose not to critique the lies you are here defending. May God save your soul O.

1 Like

Re: How Sacked Pencom Boss Got In Trouble With Buhari by pchukwudi: 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
So you really think that DSS would invade a Nigerian agency on a Saturday morning to arrest a supposedly sacked DG?

I'm seriously ashamed of many Nigerian youths.

https://www.nairaland.com/3757352/why-sent-officials-pencom-dss#55829484

asfrank:

Chwukudi I knw I hv commmented on an issue concerning your sister. On dis same platform d news of her refusal to leave office was circulating, I am nt quite sure u went through it, at a poinT d DSS had to storm d office. Bt if u want u might check dis;

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://adelove.com/2017/04/22/dss-raids-pencom-office-over-refusal-of-ex-dg-to-vacate-office/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjPjq2FoL3TAhVKCsAKHaNVBdUQFggXMAQ&sig2=3v-t1NE0T8GT2l5j5HK33w&usg=AFQjCNFl0zJ30GdkIpjyQaEONkcNNcXPrA

(1) (Reply)

How Anambra State Will Be On November 18 / Visit Of Governors To SE Without IPOB Reps Is Laughable – Robert Okpara / GEJ Invite IPOB To A Civilize Debate: Why NigerDelta Are Sceptical About Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.