Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually (28031 Views)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail / Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by A40(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
Still chicken change for them presidents. That's about the amount of money Abacha and Babangida embezzled per hour
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by boyt1: 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2010
shocked  sometimes i wounder the kind of BASTARDS  AND LUNATICS that still occupy our various houses of Assembly SENATE OR House OF REP.   all brain washed educated illiterates of all sorts .
Instead of having programmes for young unemployed graduate,  children and elders , improve infrastructures etc, they are busy discussing  goods  for good for nothing  EX heads of states and presidents.
SHAME!
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by anonimi: 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
stillwater
Do you have a picture of the Mr. Adeseun?

you can see him here:

http://photos.dailytrust.com/?level=picture&id=26

I tried pasting it directly without success.
hopefully members of his family, relations and friends can see wetin eim dey do!
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
Paulifendu

Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually
« #39 on: Today at 12:11:19 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[size=14pt]Nigerians are bound to complain. Lets face facts, 2bn means about 180mn monthly. Pls for Gods sake,how is that a crime?

Lets forget the fact that the squandered the nations money. But that is not the bone of contention.

As a sitting President, the security vote is over 500Million or 750million a month apart form other allowances and a Governor gets over 250mn, so y wont an ex-president be comfortable. 250mn a year is ridiculous. The increase is a welcome development.

This Ex-presidents deserve it.[/size]

award winning post on this matter!!
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by MAYOWAAK: 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2010
treasury bombing of gargantuan proportions.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by Ohloo: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2010
Firstly, the governments of these rulers was illegitimate. They were military dictators who seized government with violence. The only ex with a legit government is obasanjo and shagari.
Secondly, these ex's were criminal minded bastards who destroyed this country's dreams and hopes. They wasted our resources maximally and enriched themselves. -By Crude Oil

You are right esp on the first point, my guy. When dey were in power they executed anyone who tried to overthrow after their courts proclaimed such attempt as treason. so if it is treasonabl(illegal) to attempt to overthrow a sitting govt(whether successful or not), then it is an illegal govt dt is produced wen a bunch of military illiterates take over power esp Ironsi, Buhari who took over from elected govt. Pls tell Sonekan dt a Court declared his interim govt ILLEGAL, ditto for Abacha whose govt is doubl illegal,afterall they claimed he took over from Sonekan when the latter resigned.

PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY. OUR GOD REIGNS AND HE WILL PUT THOSE HE WANTS IN POWER.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by harakiri(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2010
Ohloo:

Firstly, the governments of these rulers was illegitimate. They were military dictators who seized government with violence. The only ex with a legit government is obasanjo and shagari.
Secondly, these ex's were criminal minded bastards who destroyed this country's dreams and hopes. They wasted our resources maximally and enriched themselves. -By Crude Oil

You are right esp on the first point, my guy. When dey were in power they executed anyone who tried to overthrow after their courts proclaimed such attempt as treason. so if it is treasonabl(illegal) to attempt to overthrow a sitting govt(whether successful or not), then it is an illegal govt dt is produced wen a bunch of military illiterates take over power esp Ironsi, Buhari who took over from elected govt. Pls tell Sonekan dt a Court declared his interim govt ILLEGAL, ditto for Abacha whose govt is doubl illegal,afterall they claimed he took over from Sonekan when the latter resigned.

PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY. OUR GOD REIGNS AND HE WILL PUT THOSE HE WANTS IN POWER.

I agree with most of what you mentioned except the bolded part above.From my observation, Nigerians are the most prayerful people on earth (Christians,Moslems and Juju worshipers included).In Lagos, it's next to impossible for you to drive past a street without seeing at least one church or more (especially in the low and medium income earning zones).We are more "Christian" than the whites who introduced Christianity to us.Everyday, it's one revival,deliverance or holy ghost night.A typical Nigeria Christian can't talk about a serious issue without mentioned GOD at least once.We pray and pray and pray and nothing improves.Then we pray harder and harder like lunatics and still nothing happens.

Before you think i am atheist, i am not but i am a realist.These leaders know that religion is an archilles heel with Africans so whenever something goes bad, it's categorized as being the "will of God".Obasanjo came into power claiming to be born again from prison. . .well, we all know where all that "born againsm" led us.More suffering and oppression.Once again, i will insert a quote from Niccolo Machiavelli.He says :

Pray to God but row for shore.

What does this mean?We can pray all we want but we must do what must be done and leave the rest to God.Our situation in Nigeria is comparable to a young man who wants to be rich and yet he sleeps all day at home waiting for the day God will open the door to riches.Utterly pathetic!
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by nethacker(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
if confirmed,then those idiots desrved to be killed angry angry angry
all of'em
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by AloyEmeka9: 1:56am On Jan 07, 2010
anonimi:

stillwater
you can see him here:

http://photos.dailytrust.com/?level=picture&id=26

I tried pasting it directly without success.
hopefully members of his family, relations and friends can see wetin eim dey do!

From right, Alh. Umar Mainnan Lapai; Chairman House Committee on Finance, Hon. John Enoh and Chairman House committee on Appropriation, Hon. Ayo Adeseun
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by paddylo1(m): 2:08am On Jan 07, 2010
theres nothing wrong with this. . .

we have to learn to love and respect our past leaders. . .all of u making mouth will probably do worse if u got in there

yes buhari is illegal and ibb is a crook. . .but they have done one or two good thing for the country

obj and ibb personally fought on the war front to keep this great country one. . .

heres my personal prayer for everyone on nairaland. . .

may u all get a visa and travel out of nigeria this yr and never come back

we dont need you. . .maybe that way we can face the job of nation building and leave naysayers behind
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by asha80(m): 2:13am On Jan 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

theres nothing wrong with this. . .

we have to learn to love and respect our past leaders. . .all of u making mouth will probably do worse if u got in there

yes buhari is illegal and ibb is a crook. . .but they have done one or two good thing for the country

obj and ibb personally fought on the war front to keep this great country one. . .

heres my personal prayer for everyone on nairaland. . .

may u all get a visa and travel out of nigeria this yr and never come back

we dont need you. . .maybe that way we can face the job of nation building and leave naysayers behind

I am not suprised at this statment of yours after all you want to be a politician.Just pray that by the time you want to enter politics nigeria would still be existing
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by paddylo1(m): 2:20am On Jan 07, 2010
I am not suprised at this statment of yours after all you want to be a politician.Just pray that by the time you want to enter politics nigeria would still be existing

aint nothing happenning to nigeria. . .a lot of u have too much time on your hands. . .
u listen to the white man too much,he puts ideas in your head and u come here to display ignorance

there is no-where politicians are not corrupt. . .the american congress popularity is 14%
the speaker of the american house is perhaps only 9% or so in popularity

yet americans dont speak ill of the country. . .
if u know of another system that will provide an ability for 150million ppl to participate in their countrys rule
u say so cause i havent found any alternative to democracy in nigeria

u can stay online and complain or join in trying to effect a change for nigeria. .

as for these rulers, u expect them not to be corrupt,yet u dont want to take care of them when they leave office?
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by asha80(m): 2:43am On Jan 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

aint nothing happenning to nigeria. . .a lot of u have too much time on your hands. . .
u listen to the white man too much,he puts ideas in your head and u come here to display ignorance

there is no-where politicians are not corrupt. . .the american congress popularity is 14%
the speaker of the american house is perhaps only 9% or so in popularity

yet americans dont speak ill of the country. . .
if u know of another system that will provide an ability for 150million ppl to participate in their countrys rule
u say so cause i havent found any alternative to democracy in nigeria

u can stay online and complain or join in trying to effect a change for nigeria. .

as for these rulers, u expect them not to be corrupt,yet u dont want to take care of them when they leave office?

Nwanne like i said pray that naija will still be existing when you want to run whatever position you want to run for anambra state.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by yeswecan(m): 2:47am On Jan 07, 2010
What is this? My God
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by yeswecan(m): 3:26am On Jan 07, 2010
Is this for real? 2 billion . . . OMG
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by Kcinho(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2010
They dont discuss those ppl who worked 35 yrs 4 d nation n r still owed their gratuity n hav rcivd no pension. They should go ahead n reward those dat stole 4rm d nation, n give them money 4 vacation abroad.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by blackasia: 10:43am On Jan 07, 2010
MANY TIMES I CANT SLEEP ON MY BED IN THE NIGHTS, TEARS ROLL DOWN MY EYES AS I THINK OF HOW OUR IMBECILES CALLED LEADER MOVE US 2 FEET FORWARD , 10 FEET BACKWARD
ONE DAY THEY WILL PAY, THAT IS A PROMISE
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by efeboy(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2010
[center]Gawd, I wish I could go that House of Vampires and shout to them what they already know :

[size=16pt]"Y'all are Animals!!!"[/size]  angry  angry  angry[/center]
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by efeboy(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2010
That is why, though it took me long to realize it, I would always fight with anybody that says Nigeria will change for the good.

My reason is that greediness, selfishness seems to have a permanent place in the hearts of the majority of Nigerians, and it is affecting their

mentality towards everything. Man, the trend is growing hour by hour.

Unless you change the state of heart of almost every Nigerian for the good, which is impossible, then Nigeria can change for the good. Period.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by kpolli(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2010
i cant bliv we r payin obj for giving us a dead, sorry dying president
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by Xeon: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2010
you should be a son or relative of those embezellers ,how can you see their defaults ,you pray for the sufering masses to give way so you guys can continue with the old stuff but dont worry the law of Kama must come down on those evil pple and their suporters some day
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by samadey: 7:04am On Jan 09, 2010
This is PURE MADNESS!, why pay dat much 2 pple who have enough funds stolen 2 last their 3rd generations-dats d least of them
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by Abagworo(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2010
Make una give me interim president for 1 hour naa.i dey beg una.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by mbjapan: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2010
unbelieveable, absolutly nonsence, when are we going to learn, is unfutunate that this old leader who never achieved any thing rather put nigeria in a mess are still collecting their cakes, are the not ashame of themselves after the make futunes, heap billion that are been waste and rust,

This is totally insane for this current goverment to come up with this idea, what can these leaders bost of since independence, take a look at south Africa which helped gain independence the have gone far, while we are still struggling having steady light, all these leader have you ever ask yourselves question what we are doing,

I challenge you all God will avenge for the nigerian you've pressed to make your wealth,
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by mbjapan: 2:50am On Jan 10, 2010
What will these old folks do with this money, to add to the rusting ones, think of you future generation, dont think of youselves who little time to spent on this planet, every good leader lays a good foundation for his nation.

I cry everyday about the situation in my country, this leaders are inhuman.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by daberechim: 9:05am On Jan 11, 2010
I suggest that the present set of aspirants starting from Guber candidates go for psychiatric test before giving any ticket. I wonder the kind of service this people rendered to this nation. indirectly they groomed mutallab with their draconian policies.

I am only happy for thing that their is only one Judge who does not fear man irrespective of position.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by fegflu: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2010
Stillwater,

See the punk hon ayo adeseun picture. He is the one with the red babaringa.

Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by emiemi(f): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
Demonstration of craze like Fela sang. Or what else is there to say to such news as this?
I mean everywhere you turn, you just stare at some insane comments whether by Nigerian
government officials or some poster on NL. undecided

The Average Nigerian adult brain can be said to not have developed to full capacity hence
the reasoning. I'm lost for more words ,
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by mbjapan: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
Are we surprise at what happens to Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, IS NEMESIS, it will get to all of them by one way or the other, shebi the are keeping futunes to their generation, buying massions in abroad to their children wheras people are surffering.
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by mbjapan: 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2010
These has got out of hands, how long shall we watch this imposters destroy our blessed land, our future and generation?
Re: Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually by francolee1: 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
if that is true then we ar in big shit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remembering Today In History: The Day Abacha Seized Power / Obama Phones Jonathan And Buhari- White House / Leah Sharibu: British Man Protests On The Streets Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.