Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames (30202 Views)

Top Nollywood Stars You May Not Know Are Dead (Pictures) / Moji Olaiya’s Death: How 3 Notable Nollywood Stars Died Within 30 Days / Korede Bello Nicknames Himself "Your Mechanic Crush' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Etogist: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2017
Op it's obvious you don't watch Nollywood rather Yoriwood.

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Afobear: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2017
ourkobo:
OP where is Aki and PawPaw.
Where is Osofia
where is MamaG.

infact this list is as empty as your brain

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by PenisCaP: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Yoruba people and BIASNESS tufiakwa.
And not ashamed to display it

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2017
I dont even know most of those people only funke jenifer and sam dede mr ibu

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by nnokwa042(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Na afonja person write this shiit wetin concern person wey dey Enugu with ronke oshodi

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Mr Ibu was originally 'Uncle way-ward' and Jenifa is still 'Sherikoko' grin
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by alabi484(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Op,Mr Latin,baba suwe,ogogo and co nko
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by jericco1(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2017
I thought the origin of their by names would be epic.
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Wizywiz(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2017
O. P I think u are wrong. On Sam dede.. He is rather popularly known by his stage name. Ebube.. In Issakaba... Not to mention.. Pete. Edochie. Aka. Okonkwo..
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by darocha1: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2017
The list is endless
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by PAO429: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Op you are wrong in number 7.

4. Basorge Tariah is known as Akpos...Alias from the movie: My Guy with Tony One Week) (because of his Warri characters in movies)

Ga juo ndi be unu biko.

is Do good..in a sitcom way back...d

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by YNWA1: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
Op! Where is osufia, aki n pawpaw? undecided
Even Pete Edochie, My sis still calls OKONKWO or OGADAGIDI up till today.
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Yuneehk(f): 10:41am On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

Actually, Sam Dede is better known as Ijele than Isakaba.

You also forgot to name

Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia

Aki and Paw Paw

Queen Nwokoye aka Ada Mbaise

Rachel Okonkwo aka Nkoli Nwa Nsukka

Though i get the point that you're Yorucentric and probably don't know some of these people.
Thought Queen is known as Ada Mbano?
He also didn't mention Chief Zebrudaya- Chika Okpala. Forgive OP as the list is endless and one can't possibly mention all
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Afam4eva(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2017
Yuneehk:

Thought Queen is known as Ada Mbano?
He also didn't mention Chief Zebrudaya- Chika Okpala. Forgive OP as the list is endless and one can't possibly mention all
Yes, that was an error on my side.
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 25, 2017
ozaovehe:
What of segun Arinze (black arrow)
That name is compiled by indomie generation

You have a point.

I was expecting to see nicknames like "If No Be Love, I No Go Act"

So I don become old-school already?
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Yuneehk(f): 10:44am On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
Yes, that was an error on my side.
Error ke? or you're from Mbaise tongue
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Timiblanko(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Thank God for them they found their way
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by AustineCJ: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Segun Arinze(black arrow)
Nkem Owoh (Osofia)
Aki n pawpaw(Chinedu Ikedieze n Osita iheme)
Bishop Imoh (Okon)
Gentle Jack (Fuga)
Mercy Johnson(Dumebi)
Kenneth okonkwo (Andy) and many more.. the like of Ada Mbano, Nkoli nwa Nzukka etc should all make the list. OP you need to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by luciouscookie: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2017
Kenneth Okonkwo known as Andy.
Francis Duru known as Ahanna.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by luciouscookie: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2017
AustineCJ:
Segun Arinze(black arrow)
Nkem Owoh (Osofia)
Aki n pawpaw(Chinedu Ikedieze n Osita iheme)
Bishop Imoh (Okon)
Gentle Jack (Fuga)
Mercy Johnson(Dumebi)
Kenneth okonkwo (Andy) and many more.. the like of Ada Mbano, Nkoli nwa Nzukka etc should all make the list. OP you need to sleep
What's the name of this guy that acted the movie "a cry for help " with Nkiru Sylvanus. I think he's popularly known as Bleh bleh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Roon9(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Op you are wrong in number 7.

4. Basorge Tariah is known as Akpos...Alias from the movie: My Guy with Tony One Week) (because of his Warri characters in movies)

Ga juo ndi be unu biko.

Asin OP don't know Atall.
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by nuesmann(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Do you mean unpopular Yoruba actors?
How can you say popular and
Tonto Dike Geny nnaji, Kate, henshaw Ramsey noah, Ike emeka, Mike ezuruonye, Omotola etc are not there?

Go away jor..

See below shaa before you go...

THOSE ONES GET NICKNAME?
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by 0955eb027(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Yinka Quadri as Kura..
Babatunde Omidina as Babasuwe...
Can't remember this guys real name, Vuga..
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2017
The list is incomplete. Nkem Owoh (osuofia).

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by FromZeroToHero(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2017
On point.
luciouscookie:
Kenneth Okonkwo known as Andy.
Francis Duru known as Ahanna.
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Dindondin(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Do you mean unpopular Yoruba actors?
How can you say popular and
Tonto Dike Geny nnaji, Kate, henshaw Ramsey noah, Ike emeka, Mike ezuruonye, Omotola etc are not there?

Go away jor..

See below shaa before you go...
Receive brain.

The Op only wrote those he/she knew.
Don't try to hate on the mention of mostly Yoruba artistes cos na dem plenty pass!
Moreover the Op listed none Yoruba artistes too.
Read the fact below:
Those you also listed doesn't really use their nicknames. If Omotola is Omosexy & Tonto is Pokobaby. What's tje nickname of Genevieve, Kate Henshaw,.
Emeka Ike, Ramsey Nuoah & Ezuruoye?
Your post is baseless!
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Stanleysteno(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

Actually, Sam Dede is better known as Ijele than Isakaba.

You also forgot to name

Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia

Aki and Paw Paw

Queen Nwokoye aka Ada Mbano

Rachel Okonkwo aka Nkoli Nwa Nsukka

Though i get the point that you're Yorucentric and probably don't know some of these people.
thanks boss for correcting dat isakaba to ijele, op got it wrong
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2017
jeeqaa7:
like for tekno
share for efe

Get well Tekno. Make you buy BIG cassava for us when you dey return from yankee wink
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by MrHenri: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2017
You forgot living in bondage.

Kenneth okonkwo (Andy)
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Extrazee: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Dindondin:
Receive brain.

The Op only wrote those he/she knew.
Don't try to hate on the mention of mostly Yoruba artistes cos na dem plenty pass!
Moreover the Op listed none Yoruba artistes too.
Read the fact below:
Those you also listed doesn't really use their nicknames. If Omotola is Omosexy & Tonto is Pokobaby. What's tje nickname of Genevieve, Kate Henshaw,.
Emeka Ike, Ramsey Nuoah & Ezuruoye?
Your post is baseless!
Plenty pass indeed. Anybody who can speak yoruba can be featured in yoruba films.
So, they have lots of wack actors/actresses. Some don't even speak English, those who do, are not fluent.
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by OnowuOra(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2017
Ngozi Nwosu....... Ijekpoms

Kenneth Okonkwo ....... Andy

Chinedu and Osita...... Aki and Paw paw

Nkem Owoh...... Osuofia

Chika Okpala....... Zebrudiaya

Jegede shokoya

Geringory (Gregory)

Klarus

Patience Ozokwor-Mama Gee

Sam Dede-Ijele

Pete Edochie-Okonkwo

Bishop Ime-Okon Lagos

Etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Nathan2016: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2017
OP ...CHANGE IT TO

Yoruba Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hurray!! Bbnaija Bisola To Attend UN General Assembly As Education Ambassador / Akin Lewis: My 2 Marriages Failed Because My Ex Wives Were Greedy / Flavour Celebrates Culture With Shirtless Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.