Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy (41782 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania / Lagos Airport: Immigration Imposes $90 Visa-on-arrival Charge On Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by ifyalways(f): 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

WOW. That's like the amount that travel agents/racketeers charge for securing one a visa and they have a refund policy. Everybody just sees Ni[b][/b]geria as a cow that they need to milk and the owners of the cow aint doing nothing about this extortion from foreign interests.
The service is £919, excluding the main visa fees, courier fees (optional) and other optional fees with zero refund or guarantee of getting the visa.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by gbegemaster(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
euromilion:

Where's the niceness?they are broad day robbing your country men and you think they are being nice.

Did you read where he said for a price?
Sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by skfa1: 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by sirfee(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
gbegemaster:
Are you sure all these niceness has nothing to do with BREXIT? Building stronger relationships with other countries just incase those you've spurned turn against you?
This is just a strategy by the british government to boost their economy,they are still battling with the aftermath of "BREXIT".This is neo-colonialism in disguise.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by gbegemaster(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
sirfee:
This is just a strategy by the british government to boost their economy,they are still battling with the aftermath of "BREXIT".This is neo-colonialism in disguise.
True.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by MARKETfund: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

WOW. That's like the amount that travel agents/racketeers charge for securing one a visa and they have a refund policy. Everybody just sees Nigeria as a cow that they need to milk and the owners of the cow aint doing nothing about this extortion from foreign interests.

Travel agents charges that much just to secure visa or both flight ticket? shocked
No travel agent would charge even half of that just for visa biko
If it's like that I'll start my own travel agency na sad
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by FolarinBanks: 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
lemolemo:
You very right, guys in London were getting stop everywhere including in busses and trains, bang up in detention then loaded onto a Nigeria bound chartered flight. It's nothing but all scam to bring in money into their embassy. They are so smart the Embassies worldwide functions on money generated through visa fees, the Home office does not provide external funds , Embassies must generate funds.

what a write up!!!

Don't mind these useless Britons, very xenophobic people.

There is no human rights in that country as far as you r from Nigeria and other African countries.

They are very wicked people.

Do you know that these British politicians are planning to take out "Human Rights" out of their constitutions in order to deal with foreigners in their country.

The main reason why they hate European Union is cos they couldn't get away with their wicked domestic law against foreigners living in their country.

Example of their wicked law:

If you are applying for permanent residence on the basis of being a member of EU family/citizen in UK, it ll only cost you £65. You know why, cos EU law doesn't give room for British govt to exploit foreigners. They tried to intimidate the European court of Justice after the court had overruled most of their decisions against foreigners... They got upset when they couldn't get away with exploitation of foreigners

But if you r applying for their Indefinite leave which fall under their domestic law, you ll pay around £2000 on single applicant. Husband and wife are looking at £4000. And guess what, they might refuse you on a silly excuse

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by archvictor: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
the cost of getting a UK Visa now is far too high and meanwhile there is no guarantee that the Visa will be issued.They should reduce the cost please or the take their Visa.They charge the costliest Visa fee in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by Blessed96(f): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
Brexit is the reason...
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by enomakos(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
ifyalways:
Cunningly, they forgot to add the cost. cheesy

It's nearly 500K and no guarantee that you'll be issued a visa. Don't see how this is good news to Nigerians. Do they have such services in other African countries? Na only Nigerians go waste that kain money for " visa application"
500k? if I have that kinds of money I will not leave Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by uzolexis(f): 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kinghenreey:
Nawaooo.
UK embassy are ready to give us visa within the same day and yet our immigration officers couldn't get us passport within a week.

I ve been going to immigration office for 2weeks just to collect passport.
E go better

how much were you charged for the passport? i was charged 50k and the official price is 15k
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by priceless20(f): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kinghenreey:
Nawaooo.
UK embassy are ready to give us visa within the same day and yet our immigration officers couldn't get us passport within a week.

E go better
where did you apply? you can get your passport the same day you apply
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by priceless20(f): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kinghenreey:
Nawaooo.

E go better
where did you apply? you can get your passport the same day you apply
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by priceless20(f): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
uzolexis:

how much were you charged for the passport? i was charged 50k and the official price is 15k
but you collected it early right?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by uzolexis(f): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
priceless20:

but you collected it early right?

Nope still yet to get it
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by priceless20(f): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
uzolexis:

Nope still yet to get it
really? where? is the person you paid to not hastening the process for you? that's bad o!
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by uzolexis(f): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
priceless20:

really? where? is the person you paid to not hastening the process for you? that's bad o!

I just paid last week sha. In their Ikoyi office.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by priceless20(f): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
uzolexis:

I just paid last week sha. In their Ikoyi office.
OK. I think they are faster in Abuja headquarters. goodluck
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by nextstep(m): 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
gbegemaster:
Are you sure all these niceness has nothing to do with BREXIT? Building stronger relationships with other countries just incase those you've spurned turn against you?

That's just being smart. Plus Nigerians add so much more to the UK economy. It's quite amazing really... we sell our oil relatively cheaply, then turn around and buy their expensive luxury goods. We're real idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by homirefacuny(m): 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
ephi123:

They need the money, lol. I know they are also making similar offers to the Indian government, they basically want to make it more appealing and easier for people who have the money (the fast track will be more expensive) to come over. They are just users as far as I am concerned, if brexit never happened, they wouldn't look at us twice.
I dey tell you. Holding on to the last straws available... UK tufiakwa. When better countries dey ground..
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by Sambusiness(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Jostico:

please take a look at what you just said
no kill me with laugh
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by nextstep(m): 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
Did sombori say 500k for visa? Then another 250k for flight. Then another 250k for misc expenses (transport, food). Amounting to 1M just to go to UK? If you have 1M, won't you start business?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by gbegemaster(m): 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
nextstep:

That's just being smart. Plus Nigerians add so much more to the UK economy. It's quite amazing really... we sell our oil relatively cheaply, then turn around and buy their expensive luxury goods. We're real idiots.
Lol
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by ephi123(f): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
homirefacuny:

I dey tell you. Holding on to the last straws available... UK tufiakwa. When better countries dey ground..

grin grin
Don't mind them
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hope our brothers, the Developers, will not abuse this gesture.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by metallisc(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
ephi123:

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head. The UK is simply trying to hedge its bets.

Academics are already planning to leave, and students from the EU will look elsewhere. Their only other option now is to focus on non-EU countries to up their funding.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/apr/25/brexit-brain-drain-threatens-uk-universities-mps-warn

Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by mrbyron(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Zelex9:
Lol @ responses in this thread. Most of you would jump at the chance to travel to the UK. No need to form.

Nor mind them. Na who nor fit afford stout dey make excuse say e too bitter
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by erimmy(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kinghenreey:
Nawaooo.

E go better
.Sorry for the inconvenience. If the office of application is the Ikoyi passports office,contact me.Let's see how I can be of help.peace.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy by Swanzi(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
Really..!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Nuclear Submarine Breaks Through Thick Ice In Order To Surface / Truck Plunges Into Epe River In Lagos, 2 Corpses Recovered / Caption It .. As Seen In Lagos Yesterday (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.