Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise (7180 Views)

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary / Police Beats Man For Asking For His 2 Months Salary From His Boss(video+pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by carnal: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
I am being owed 13 months salary by my former employee, house i need your advise on how to get these money, the total amount is 5,700,000.00. coy was owing for so long, i got tired and left but with a letter as evidence that i will be paid, infact the management called us for a meeting in december 2016 and promised to pay in 14 days after the meeting date but that didnt happen,am base in Port Harcourt,as it is now things have pick up for them and they have paid all their staffs currently there that was being owed 15 months salary.

Do i petition EFCC or do I get a lawyer to write them, i need the best advise, pls.

lalastica, pls front page.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by carnal: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
please i need advise from legal people and law enforcement, i want to act very quickly.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by maxwell767(m): 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
shocked
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by carnal: 6:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
house, i need advise and urgent info pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to enable me progress.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Sketchandcraft(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Write them officially through a lawyer not just an ordinary Lawyer.. Like a SAN not charge and bail ones...
And I believe they will do the needful...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by carnal: 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
ok,so writing him with my lawyer and giving him 7 days to pay up or go to court wont fly?
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by TINALETC3(f): 7:14am On Apr 27, 2017
Hw wl sombori work 4 13months wtout being paid and yet he kept on working, who ws feeding u , ur house rent, ur tfair , eye am nt undastanding

9 Likes

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by nony43(m): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2017
Bros you try o, how do you commute to work in those 13 months? How do you flex, take care of family and personal needs? Find a good Lawyer shiaa

2 Likes

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by hobermener: 7:16am On Apr 27, 2017
13 months My guy kill person!!! Dem go know say u no come life come play angry

10 Likes

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2017
I don't understand how anyone will work for 13months without being paid

And

Will continue to work; it's either you were getting your pay some other way from the organization
Or your reasoning was under the influence of something really strong!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2017
Sketchandcraft:
Write them officially through a lawyer not just an ordinary Lawyer.. Like a SAN not charge and bail ones...
And I believe they will do the needful...

@OP pls take this advice.

1 Like

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by GeneralOjukwu: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2017
WOW...I laud your patience waiting for 13 months.

I would advise you to duplicate that letter of indemnity and stash maybe 3 - 5 copies in different locations for safekeeping.

If you lose that paper or the company is as ruthless as sending thugs to retrieve it from you... that's almost 6 million down the drain.

Do colored photocopies and quickly meet with a lawyer for next course of action.

6 million is a lot of money and any company that would owe for 13 months isn't particularly reputable.

9 Likes

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by zeenaman: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2017
sue them,bro
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2017
Na wa o.

This is slavery.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by TurboBuilder(m): 7:21am On Apr 27, 2017
Did you resign properly? As in did you submit regnation letter with the required notice period met? Did they give you appointment letter when you were first employed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2017
how did u work for 13 months without pay? shocked
get a lawyer

2 Likes

get a lawyer

2 Likes

get a lawyer

1 Like

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Sketchandcraft(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:
ok,so writing him with my lawyer and giving him 7 days to pay up or go to court wont fly?
it will fly... My guy it depends on the lawyer and it's content

1 Like

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Enyimbamercedes: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
I'm sure you saw the video of the driver brutalized by police for asking his boss for his 2 months salary. Just imagine what a Joint Task Force of Army, Navy, Airforce and even NSCDC aka Guguru defense will do to you if you ask...
On a more serious note, how did you even survive? Get a lawyer but i don't know what will be left after you pay legal fees
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by zolapower: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:
I am being owed 13 months salary by my former employee, house i need your advise on how to get these money, the total amount is 5,700,000.00. coy was owing for so long, i got tired and left but with a letter as evidence that i will be paid, infact the management called us for a meeting in december 2016 and promised to pay in 14 days after the meeting date but that didnt happen,am base in Port Harcourt,as it is now things have pick up for them and they have paid all their staffs currently there that was being owed 15 months salary.

Do i petition EFCC or do I get a lawyer to write them, i need the best advise, pls.

go to industrial court with your appointment letter and they will be surmouned

2 Likes

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Zulu212: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2017
Get a good lawyer and sue their sorry Asš....How d fu,ck did u even work for someone for 3months let alone 13 without pay? Some of the reasons y am struggling to be my own BOSS becos I fit kill person.........we won't take this.someone should pls help with that meme
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by israelmao(m): 7:42am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:

What steps did you take when you learnt that the current employees were paid?What steps did you take when they failed to deliver on their promise?I advise you approach the management of the company first before any confrontation or other relevant and necessary options is taken into consideration.EFCC is out of the options now, NLC or TUC fight your cause that if you are a member.Your last restort is to employ the services an activist lawyer who may take next to nothing from you as regards legal services rendered in case you are still jobless.

1 Like

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by oyejideogunjumo: 7:42am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:

The coy seems to be sincere by inviting you.Be patience a bit with them. You may need them too later in life ir urself,children or relative.It is better to sustain better relationship.
God wl see u thru.Pray abt it
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by dondo83(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=carnal post=55909184]I am being owed 13 months salary by my former employee, house i need your advise on how to get these money, the total amount is 5,700,000.00. coy was owing for so long, i got tired and left but with a letter as evidence that i will be paid, infact the management called us for a meeting in december 2016 and promised to pay in 14 days after the meeting date but that didnt happen,am base in Port Harcourt,as it is now things have pick up for them and they have paid all their staffs currently there that was being owed 15 months salary.

lalastica, pls front page.[/quote

you don't need an advice, just get a lawyer and you'll be sorted. it might take some time but you will be sorted. The company will also be responsible for your legal fees if at all it gets to court so dont worry about how much the lawyer will charge
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Juliearth(f): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:

Your patience is laudable. You may have to employ the services of a GOOD lawyer. Barrister Emeka Egwuonye (Due Process Advocate on facebook) comes to mind. Please act!

1 Like

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by ElsonMorali: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Get a lawyer and sue their ass to court. Do not only sue first amount owed, sue for damages as well.

The more you waste time the less your chances of getting that money back.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Vicolan: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2017
What kind of stupid voluntary service was that oo

Wait oooo....Hope you have your letter of appointment with you if No bros your money is gone.......
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Anaskie(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:

Your patience is out of this world. You'll have to get a lawyer who'll write the company and give them a time frame to pay up. After the expiration of that time, you can then proceed to litigation. While at that, you might also petition them to the CPC. If your in Ph, contact me.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Alphafeezay(m): 8:22am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:
please i need advise from legal people and law enforcement, i want to act very quickly.

Write a letter of complaint to public complaints commission in your location.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Ranks: Ranks In The Nigerian Airforce / My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? / Police To Promote Junior Officers With Higher Qualifications – IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.