Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise (7184 Views)

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary / Police Beats Man For Asking For His 2 Months Salary From His Boss(video+pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by JoNach: 8:24am On Apr 27, 2017
Many companies are like dat eg Dansa foods ltd, global fleet group, etc, they are owing more than 13months, I don't think caliing a lawyer or suing dem will do much, because the case will keep postponing and the lawyer may get tired and your money wasted. Just keep praying and sending mails for reminder for you to be paid in batches. God bless.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Greenbullet(m): 8:34am On Apr 27, 2017
@op, 13 months no pay ? You be the woman real eru
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by lonelydora: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:
I am being owed 13 months salary by my former employee, house i need your advise on how to get these money, the total amount is 5,700,000.00. coy was owing for so long, i got tired and left but with a letter as evidence that i will be paid, infact the management called us for a meeting in december 2016 and promised to pay in 14 days after the meeting date but that didnt happen,am base in Port Harcourt,as it is now things have pick up for them and they have paid all their staffs currently there that was being owed 15 months salary.

Do i petition EFCC or do I get a lawyer to write them, i need the best advise, pls.

lalastica, pls front page.

Take a lawyer who understands labour law. Remember he will take 10% of any recovered amount. So you have to claim damages as a kind of markup on the salary so that when he takes his share you still have your cash intact. Good luck bro.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by tukdi: 8:41am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:
house, i need advise and urgent info pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to enable me progress.

Get a lawyer Asap to write a demand letter! cool

If dey don't comply, then file a case @ National Industrial Court (NIC) Asap! cool

Follow it up, you will get justice! cool
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by manikspears: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2017
hobermener:
13 months My guy kill person!!! Dem go know say u no come life come play angry
grin grin grin op,no mind am o(though I totally support). But if you can get a good lawyer like falz Dad they will fight your case and you will win for sure.but some employers cannot escape hell o,it is impossible for them.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by chuksvoice: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2017
Posters on here are advising you to hire a lawyer, which is fine. But have in mind that if you eventually win this case, the company might plead leniency so the payment could be spread over a long period. It may not be as easy as you think.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by airminem(f): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:
I am being owed 13 months salary by my former employee, house i need your advise on how to get these money, the total amount is 5,700,000.00. coy was owing for so long, i got tired and left but with a letter as evidence that i will be paid, infact the management called us for a meeting in december 2016 and promised to pay in 14 days after the meeting date but that didnt happen,am base in Port Harcourt,as it is now things have pick up for them and they have paid all their staffs currently there that was being owed 15 months salary.

Do i petition EFCC or do I get a lawyer to write them, i need the best advise, pls.

Just Blow The Whistle. Kabish!
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by divinelove(m): 9:00am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:

Did u say petition EFCC, pls delete dt part immediately it gives u away as unenlightened.

D proper thing is to get a lawyer to write them to demand ur money n if they fail to pay after a certain deadline u take them to court. 5.7million is alot of money.

This is pure debt recovery nt a financial crime so EFCC/ police has no biz with it.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by DollarAngel(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2017
Contact FALZ the bad guy or his Father Femi Lana
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2017
baba without serious steps, your money has gone. why do u people stay in a company for 1, 2, 3 to 13 months without getting paid? baba your case is different
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Xtfield(m): 9:39am On Apr 27, 2017
I think some of those who commented above did not really digest what the OP wrote. From his write-up, I do not think the company should be labelled 'wicked' for owing salaries. I can infer from his post that the company ran into troubled waters during those period and so were not in a position to pay. There is a difference between inability to pay and refusal to pay. Sometimes, inability to pay is caused by circumstances beyond a company's control like taking a loan to do a contract for government thinking payment will be immediate only for payment to drag on for years. When this happens, employees should bear with their companies. If you jump ship when the going gets rough (not due to mismanagement), you cannot be said to be a loyal or committed staff. Now that things have begun to look up for the company, those who stayed back or are currently working for the company deserve to be paid first. Those who left and are probably drawing salaries in other employment now will be paid later. The company in doing this is not punishing those who left, but trying to ensure that those currently working in the company do not get discouraged. Note that I am not in any way defending failure to pay salaries or inability to pay salaries due to mismanagement. As for the OP, I will join those who have advised him earlier to exercise patience. He should write the Management a polite letter to remind them of the unpaid salaries. Whatever response he gets from them will show him the way forward. At the end of the day, OP may not get his money in bulk. It could be in instalments. Whichever way, I think he will get paid. Now OP, we have provided free legal advice to you, when eventually you get paid, be a good guy and host us to a small get-to-gether.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by fidelism: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=carnal post=55909184]I am being owed 13 months salary by my former employee, house i need your advise on how to get these money, the total amount is 5,700,000.00. coy was owing for so long, i got tired and left but with a letter as evidence that i will be paid, infact the management called us for a meeting in december 2016 and promised to pay in 14 days after the meeting date but that didnt happen,am base in Port Harcourt,as it is now things have pick up for them and they have paid all their staffs currently there that was being owed 15 months salary.

lalastica, pls front page.[/quote

Call 08184719905
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by fidelism: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2017
carnal:

Call this number and report the matter
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by zeezeegal(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2017
Even 1mnt Sef I No Fit... U Try O 13mnts
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by blank(f): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
First step is to write to them to remind them of your unpaid salary. If no response, write again telling them that you may be constrained to take legal action against them if they do not fulfil their part. Then take them to industrial court if they still do not pay. Then they will have to pay and also pay interest for the length of time they were owing.

Depending on your relationship with them, you can ask for the to also pay interest for the period they were owing you if you want to be mean. Don't forget to compound it.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by carnal: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
thank you all, i dont have letter of employment but i was invited for a meeting in december where they promised they will pay me my money in 14 days and that they have not met, yet they went ahead and pay current staffs, however i have sent messages (3 occasions) directly to the M.D without any response, hence i am left to take legal action. i want to also state that i was asked not to resume after the 13th month but i have a letter issued to me informing me that i have not been disengage from their service. i will go with the option of lawyer, many thznks all.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Amhappy(f): 10:24pm On May 02, 2017
fidelism:

Call this number and report the matter

Who's the number for? NLC? I have a similar problem and I need my money.
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by fidelism: 7:13am On May 05, 2017
Amhappy:

Who's the number for? NLC? I have a similar problem and I need my money.

Policy on Trac....AIT programme that help handle and resolve labour issues
Re: 13 Months Salary - I Need Your Advise by Amhappy(f): 12:50pm On May 05, 2017
fidelism:

Policy on Trac....AIT programme that help handle and resolve labour issues

Ok thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police To Promote Junior Officers With Higher Qualifications – IG / Managing Job Stress: Strategies For Coping And Thriving At Work / Questions To Expect In The Nigerian Police Past Questions Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.