Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened (1548 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Tripdarlinq(f): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Did anyone saw that video? that must be traditionally embarrassing?

let me post the video.Hold up

what happen was, Oni of Ife just came in and Oba of Lagos was already seated as you'll can see in the pic.

However, Oni of Ife then briefly went round to greet the other dignitaries one after the other - On reaching the Oba of Lagos, Oni of Ife tried to greet him but He Oba of Lagos refused by waving his hand like saying "No thank You"

iSuspect the Oba of Lagos has been beefing Oni of Ife for so long

https://twitter.com/search?f=videos&vertical=default&q=%22Oba%20of%20Lagos%22&src=tren

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by HungerBAD: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
Post the Video.

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by TITOBIGZ(m): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
O ti fete ni yen.

Dem no born am well.
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Drversatile: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
It can't be true
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by hammer6: 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
This Lagos State money that they are chopping is really going to their head.

Can u imagine a junior royal like Oba of Lagos snubing a senior Royal like the Oni of Ife. smh!

3 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hmmm... Well I guess I know the reason. Ooni has visited many Obas and emirs, but I am yet to read the Oba of Lagos(the king of lagoon) among those that he visited so far. But na kings matter anyway, e no concern me.

2 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Angeleena(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
lol,the first pic,be like,hold your mouth odour there....but I think say na only igbos no get respect...

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by hammer6: 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2017
Angeleena:
lol

e funny small make i know lie, can u imagine Obi of Onitsha ever attempting this with Eze Nri?

Later they will tell us that Yoruba have respect, i dont take so.
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Thejustw14(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
Royalty n literacy is a plus for those who can afford it...
Ooni I see U...

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by blackylola(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
Igberaga of the highest order
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Angeleena(m): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
hammer6:

e funny small make i know lie, can u imagine Obi of Onitsha ever attempting t his with Eze Nri?

Later they will tell us that Yoruba have respect, i dont take so.
lol..na wetin I been dey think here....the man,was like hang it there...
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by hammer6: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
Angeleena:

lol..na wetin I been dey think here....the man,was like hang it there...

lol!
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Amoyinoluwa24: 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2017
Here's the VIDEO! The Oba needs a Chill pill

HungerBAD:
Post the Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV42xFPy6lw

2 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by daveP(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
hehehehehe isnt this the lagoona me-no-sender?
this is more about who is elderly than just rank. hehe.

2 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by princechurchill(m): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
Jay z vs Kanye West... Oba of Lagos was high any one that smokes can relate with the wave

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by mexxmoney: 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
The Oba no get joy o. See as E keep face like Terminator
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Origin(f): 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hmmmm not sure of their traditional protocols and the ranking of their Obas.

But it seems Oni was fairly late and held up the program. Then came in with a ruckus . seems like an official engagement yet plenty Men In White just de disturb.

Never ever reveal your displeasure to the fullest and in public . because of the day, you may have to seek his help. No one knows tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Famocious(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oba of Lagos must be a sore loser...he couldn't even hid his hateful emotions... Shior

Oba of Lagos just disgraced himself and everything he represents..

Jealousy wouldn't allow him to raise more than where he is now.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by DoNotGiveUp: 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oba of Lagos took whatever grievance he had against the Ooni of Ife too far.

I recently lost my job and have been feeling depressed because I am no longer able to cater for my parents and siblings. I have been searching and applying for a new job but yet to get one.

To survive during this hard times;
Please, I humbly beg you to let me handle your laundry. Trust me, I am very good with washing and ironing clothes because my colleagues usually ask which dry cleaner does my laundry.
If you have a business, please you could also send me to pick up and deliver any parcel within Lagos.

NB: I had to create a new account so I can be anonymous and not feel ashamed to do this. Before you do any transaction with me, I am willing to tender a valid national ID.

PLEASE HELP ME.
081-5832-6069

2 Likes

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by EKITI001: 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
Too bad

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by geekybabe(f): 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
Aberation.
embarassed
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by YModulosGodSon: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Pappyjim: 5:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Oonirisha leave am for d gods!
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Hoii(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2017
Oba Akiolu is a disgrace. Arrogant tout
Re: The Oba of Lagos publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife. Why? What happened by Mynd44: 7:07am On Apr 26, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Other Names For Ogogoro In Your Language. / Multi-wife Family / *~ Ifyalways Voted The Culture Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.