Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" (22481 Views)

Masquerade In London. White Men Wearing Egungun Costume Dance In London Streets / The Famous Mkpokiti Dance In Anambra (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife: "Operation Python Dance In The South-East Not Acceptable" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by BoneBlogger(m): 9:57am On May 18, 2018
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II), has been restricted from doing some certain things he used to do in public when he was an ''ordinary'' person. The Yoruba monarch said things he loves doing such as dancing, can’t be done anyhow in public because of his status which compels him to carry himself with dignity.

The monarch made the revelation via his Facebook page. He wrote;

Things I used to do before, I can’t do them anymore. I love dancing. But I can’t dance anyhow in public as I have to carry myself with dignity. As the spiritual head of a race, a lot of spirituality is tied to the throne. It’s not a joke-Ooni of Ife..

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/why-i-dont-dance-in-public-anyhow-ooni-of-ife-reveals.html

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by thesicilian: 10:05am On May 18, 2018
Who asked you?

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by HOLYDICK(m): 10:11am On May 18, 2018
How does your dancing helps with I.G.P speech or any of Nigerian problems??

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by EzendiEgo1: 10:14am On May 18, 2018

Shut the fu:ck up

Why do the same spirituality don't stop you from using Social media since you can't dance in public

Spirituality indeed

I wonder how lipsrsealed lipsrsealed are allowing this man to fool them

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by Nobody: 10:37am On May 18, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Why do the same spirituality don't stop you from doing Social media since you can't dance in public

Spirituality indeed

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Work on your sense of comparison

☣ ☠

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by oshe11: 10:07pm On May 18, 2018
If Davido was Sen Adeleke and the Ooni was Wizkid

Bloggers would say he(Wizkid) was shading Senator Adeleke(Davido)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by Mutemenot(m): 10:08pm On May 18, 2018
wakadupe ooni grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by xreal: 10:08pm On May 18, 2018
Sorry.

That doesn't stop Abobaku from enjoying himself while he lives. He is busy dancing upandan.

[img]https://media1./images/306d8d98a614d9b2e6903c6199fed943/tenor.gif?itemid=9256390[/img]

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by scholes0(m): 10:09pm On May 18, 2018
sad
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by humblenature: 10:09pm On May 18, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by NwaAmaikpe: 10:09pm On May 18, 2018
shocked

Spiritual head of a race that can not even manage a mere marriage.

I wonder the people who take this man seriously.
He lost all dignity and the moral standing to command respect when Wuraola walked away from him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by kennisman(m): 10:09pm On May 18, 2018
instead of him to take skuchi and dance skelewu very well.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by otipoju(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2018
He is right... even Davido uncle that is not anything embarasses us with his dancing.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by ALAYORMII: 10:11pm On May 18, 2018
You're not supposed to dance in public at all

Hold on

Is this a shade??

Thinking

The dancing senator
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by kennisman(m): 10:12pm On May 18, 2018
Oga take skuchi and dance shakushaku.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by Alejoc(m): 10:14pm On May 18, 2018
Kabiyesi o o.... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by hannysur8(m): 10:15pm On May 18, 2018
kadepelori, kibatapelese, kasepelenu kese.... it is not even good for your personality baba, you be classy first class king

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by ALAYORMII: 10:15pm On May 18, 2018
Kizyte:
''Argentina's Football Team Is One Of The Best Football Associations In Nigeria'' - Solomon Dalung Nigeria's Minister Of Sport Reveals

See video below:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=953784608161387&id=229799260559929

Please what kind of snuff do these men take?

Na korrekt were dey dia head
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by LilVast1(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Why do the same spirituality don't stop you from using Social media since you can't dance in public

Spirituality indeed

Ask your igwe/ Obi (Kolanut), he has the answer to all your questions
Oponu

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by chiefolododo(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2018
Ooni doesn't dance
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by Massdamm(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2018
Tor issorite continue
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by KanwuliaExtra: 10:18pm On May 18, 2018
GO AND MARRY!

Oga impotence! grin

If na woman now, Nigerian men will be insulting her.

Oga “UNSULLIED”, how market? cheesy

See ya great-grand father scoring goals with QUADRUPLE OLORIS anyhow at 80!

Haba!!!!! cry

http://fresherschart.com/photos-of-80-year-old-alafin-of-oyo-and-his-oloris-at-the-naming-ceremony-of-their-set-of-twins/

Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by Promismike(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 18, 2018
And so?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: "Why I Don't Dance In Public Anyhow" by otunbadan(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2018
Alot of people woke up just to show disrespect on this thread

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished / Oba Jimoh Oyewumi Ajagungbade: Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies At 95 / The Biology Behind Light Skin Complexion Born And Bred Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.