Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians (41737 Views)

Simi Blasts Pastor Chris Oyakhilome For Saying Woman Wasn't God's Original Idea / Meet Jemima Osunde: The Actress Who "Would Date A Broke Man That's Good In Bed" / Nigerians Blast Migos For Criticizing Their English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by hollawaley2: 3:22am On Apr 26, 2017
American rap group; Migos visited Lagos, in December 2016 for a Christmas concert, which held at the Federal Palace Hotel. The group is composed of three rappers known by their stage names Quavo, Takeoff and Offset.

During the concert, they got to perform ‘Bad & Boujee’ and the crowd went wild. Now, in a recent interview with Highly Questionable (HQ) on ESPN, while speaking on the most awe-inspiring place they've performed together, they agreed that it was Lagos, Nigeria, as the energy was crazy and the show was sold out. But according to one of them, Nigerians knew the lyrics of their songs word for word, even though their "English wasn't even that good".
Watch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkMg_HGjGw
https://greennews.ng/migos-us-pop-group-describe-lagos-experience-say-nigerians-english-isnt-good-video/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Airtimex(m): 3:27am On Apr 26, 2017
Which one is migos again

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by GloriaNinja(f): 3:36am On Apr 26, 2017
THEY LOOK LIKE HOOD RATS

251 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by emotions1: 4:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Migos or nah Amigos
Who sabi dem.....

Oya nah we tank u tank u....
For the appreciation and knowing that we Nigerians jack (cram) una song back to back...

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Tolexander: 4:34am On Apr 26, 2017
Silly rat!

Shey na the American english wey e dey speak na e good?

He could have said the Nigerian english accent is different from American accent he speaks not that one English accent is not good. Cos both are not the real english accent.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Boboye4slim(m): 4:34am On Apr 26, 2017
I haf nut evin hardoff them

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 26, 2017
Airtimex:
Which one is migos again
I tire. Infact I'm tiring.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Smellymouth: 5:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Kendrick Lamar I know, JCole I know , even Heavy D I know.. Who the hell are these 3idiots?

I don't even know them... It isn't their fault but those who give preference to these illiterates above our home grown songsters. Coming from black americans who speak the worst english you could think of...These guys haven't even seen the four walls of a school.

The thunder that wee fire them is coming from Badagry..

192 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Smellymouth: 5:18am On Apr 26, 2017
GloriaNinja:
THEY LOOK LIKE HOOD RATS

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by segebase(m): 5:37am On Apr 26, 2017
I don't blame dem.....I blame buhari and nnamdi kanu

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Scatterscatter(m): 5:54am On Apr 26, 2017
Until we push for the proper acceptance of "Nigerian English", the world will continually make us a laughing stock.
We are unique,
We are Nigerians

Either good or bad, iRep Naija English!!!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Elnino4ladies: 5:55am On Apr 26, 2017
GloriaNinja:
THEY LOOK LIKE HOOD RATS

Shut it! they are good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Elnino4ladies: 5:57am On Apr 26, 2017
Smellymouth:
Kendrick Lamar I know, JCole I know , even Heavy D I know.. Who the hell are these 3idiots?

I don't even know them... It isn't their fault but those who give preference to these illiterates above our home grown songsters. Coming from black americans who speak the worst english you could think of...These guys haven't even seen the four walls of a school.

The thunder that wee fire them is coming from Badagry..

You listen to TRAP MUSIC?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Smellymouth: 6:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

You listen to TRAP MUSIC?

Yeap...Baauer, TNGHT, Hucci, Flosstradamus etc..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 26, 2017
GloriaNinja:
THEY LOOK LIKE HOOD RATS

Haba Madam. Pity them small naw

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 26, 2017
E ti n shiere... Shey your "We wasn't" na good English abi undecided undecided

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by tyson98: 6:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Migos kor Mangos ni awon olori gbigbe

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Cashkito(m): 6:18am On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Smellymouth: 6:21am On Apr 26, 2017
tyson98:
Migos kor Mangos ni awon olori gbigbe

Oko ta ba gbamu to wa orun ki, to ma ma fi le ko ni ri obo do.. cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Elnino4ladies: 6:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Smellymouth:

Yeap...Baauer, TNGHT, Hucci, Flosstradamus etc..

Migos does Trap music too

They are very good in it
Download bad by Migos and listen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Airtimex(m): 6:46am On Apr 26, 2017
anotherydz:

I tire. Infact I'm tiring.

cheesy
Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by jericco1(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2017
See as they look like rats wey fall inside water.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by liftedhigh: 7:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Oh
Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 26, 2017
So 3 inconsequential high school drop outs from one of the projects in the US think our "English is not good enough" and it makes news? By the way,being an ardent follower of rap music,how come I have never heard of these 3 misfits?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by johnbuck81(m): 7:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Airtimex:
Which one is migos again
u don't know em cos u only listen to local artists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by johnbuck81(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Migos does Trap music too

They are very good in it

Download bad by Migos and listen
these guys are good...i love their style n music.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Baasebaa0570(m): 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
Airtimex:
Which one is migos again
And you dey listen to music suuu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Elnino4ladies: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
johnbuck81:
these guys are good...i love their style n music.

I'm just surprised

People don't know them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Twizzy30(m): 8:01am On Apr 26, 2017
I'm waiting for Nigerians to react on Twitter to this. Btw if you listen to American hip hop and u don't knw Migos, especially QUAVO. bruh u are as good as dead. They got many Top charting songs for some years now.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2017
Twizzy30:
I'm waiting for Nigerians to react on Twitter to this. Btw if you listen to American hip hop and u don't knw Migos, especially QUAVO. bruh u are as good as dead. They got many Top charting songs for some years now.
Bruuh never heard of them.
They not as popular as you think

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by Twizzy30(m): 8:37am On Apr 26, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
Bruuh never heard of them.
They no as popular as you think
okay if u think so. I'm sure u don't knw Dem. Rich The Kidd, Fetty wap, Kodak Black cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian English Wasn't That Good - Migos Takes Swipe At Nigerians by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:41am On Apr 26, 2017
Twizzy30:
okay if u think so. I'm sure u don't knw Dem. Rich The Kidd, Fetty wap, Kodak Black cry
I know fetty wap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wizkid & Don Jazzy Celebrate Tiwa Savage As She Wins MTV Best African Act / Singer Flavour Welcomes A Third Child With A Mystery Lady / Uriel Oputa Looks Enchanting As She Steps Out For Work In Glamorous Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.