Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. (11025 Views)

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES / Buy Your Cheap Farm Land, Hybrid Plantain Suckers And Cashew Seedlings(pic) / Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Non-oil Products Export Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Mukah1234(m): 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ken4agent:

For those of us practicing organic plantain farming, we may experience the manifestation of locost (grasshopper) in our farm. Never mind it normal in the dry season. Just follow the direction below to prepare the mixture then spray.

However, if you are not practicing organic plantain farming, just apply a good pesticide until the population is controled

Get a Congo of garlic, pill d back and blend with 10cups of water. Then boil d solution 2boiling point. Leave d solution overnight. Tak2 farm & divide solution into 3portion. Add a portion to spraying tank n add water. Then spray upper n lower part of affected plantain leaf

Nice thread u have here.

What is the cost implication of setting up a plantain farm, especially for one who doesn't have a farm location yet?

Where are the possible location for someone who stays in Lagos?

Thanks
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:28am On Jan 09, 2019
Mukah1234:

Nice thread u have here.

What is the cost implication of setting up a plantain farm, especially for one who doesn't have a farm location yet?

Where are the possible location for someone who stays in Lagos?

Thanks

Thanks for following up and your appraisal.
However, in response to your first Question, pls direct the Question to our email:
kenfarm2020@gmail.com

For the second Question, so far, all my client who are Lagos base usually situate their farm in places like Owode/Idiroko, Owode/Atan, shiyun, shagam/sapade, Ijebu, Epe, Mowe....all in Ogun State and Lagos State ....so if you scouting for farming land look in the direction all all those areas.

Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Mukah1234(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2019
Ken4agent:

However, in response to your first Question, pls direct the Question to our email:
kenfarm2020@gmail.com

For the second Question, so far, all my client who are Lagos base usually situate their farm in places like Owode/Idiroko, Owode/Atan, shiyun, shagam/sapade, Ijebu, Epe, Mowe....all in Ogun State and Lagos State ....so if you scouting for farming land look in the direction all all those areas.

Cheers!!

Alright! I will send you a mail asap.

Thanks.
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Mukah1234(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2019
Ken4agent:

kenfarm2020@gmail.com

Cheers!!

I already sent a mail but you are yet to respond.
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2019
Mukah1234:

I already sent a mail but you are yet to respond.

We sorry for the late response to your last correspondence. We have however sent a reply
Regards
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
The time to start crop budgetting and preplanting operations is now......two most important preplanting operations are:
1. Soil fertility testing
2. Soil treatment ( application of pesticide and fungicide on your farm soil)

Do not worry out treating your sucker as we treat our sucker before selling off

How is the rain in your farm area?

Do not be tempted to start cultivating your farm now except you have irrigation as the rain fall intensity and rate is not stable yet to plant.

Cheers!!

We still have copies of our TME 419 cassava cultivation for sale

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2019
Client Question: How profitable is Plantain farming? And how sustainable is it??

Kenfarm Response below:
I used one acre of my farm for experimental farm in January, 2017. I planted 1000suckers on the experimental farm in May 2017.. (check my thread/URL for steps followed to establish the farm)

By May - June 2018, I started harvesting my giant Elephant fruit. From June to November 2018 I was able to get out 300bunches. By December 2018 I made a head count of the total number of plantain stand left on the farm and I counted 1,700 stands
I sold 300 bunches for an average of #1,000 each, how much did I make from June to November?? Do the maths.

Mean while I still have 1,900 stand that will produce fruit from April 2019 to November 2019.
Note: Don’t also forget I started with 1000 suckers, after first cycle I am having 1900 + plantain standing on the one acre experimental farm.

So if you do your home work well, buy the right sucker and consult adequately, your 1 acre plantation can keep producing 300bunches of plantain every May to November for at least 7yrs.
... So do the maths, in 7yrs how much will you have made from your one acre plantation?
300bunches X 7yrs. = 2.1million for one acre (running cost inclusive though)

What of if you have 10acres?

Note: Whether or not your plantain farm will be sustainable depends on whether or not you purchase your sucker from the appropriate source and some other factors you want to know.
This is a business I have been doing for years now and all am saying is practical. Kenfarm is not one of those internet farmers. It our work and it soft work for us. The figure above are not abstractions but available in our Experimental farm blue print but because it our company sensitive document it not available online for free but for a cost. The document is meant for those who value information as a driving force to Bizness.

…..Order for our suckers and we would be guiding you.

Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
If you have been following up this thread, i can catigorically say you have more than enough info needed to set up your own plantain plantain plantation. U dont have to wast any more valuable time.....you do not need milions to start up......if you have over one acre of land and can not afford to buy Hybrid sucker enoufh to cover the whole farm land just start with one acre and grow into a large farm over time transplanting to other areas.........

the time to invest is now!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2019
The time to commence your farm pre planting operation is now

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:21am On Mar 20, 2019
UPDATE ON SOIL PH

Soil pH is an excellent indicator of the suitability of a soil for plant growth. For most crops, pH of 6 to 7.5 is optimal (table 1). Soil pH levels that are too high or too low (fig. 1) lead to a deficiency of many nutrients, decline in microbial activity, decrease in crop yields, and deterioration of soil health.

For example, soil pH values below 5.5 and between 7.5 and 8.5 limit the availability of phosphate for plants (figures 2 and 3). Four major management practices that increase the availability of phosphate for plants are:

1. Liming acid soils to increase pH to between 6.5 and 7.0.

2. Applying small amounts of phosphorus fertilizer frequently rather than a large amount at one time.

3. Banding or injecting the source of the phosphorus (manure and/or fertilizer) into the soil to reduce the contact between the soil and the phosphorus.

4. Applying phosphorus fertilizer near crop rows, where roots are most active. Nitrogen cycling is inhibited by low pH.

The effectiveness and degradation of herbicides and insecticides and the solubility of heavy metals are dependent on the soil pH.

Some diseases thrive in alkaline or acidic soils. The effectiveness and potential carryover of certain herbicides is also impacted by soil pH.

It OK tondo it differently this season......consider having a knowledge of your soil PH and other parameters which determine your crop yield .....contact us for more info
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
Call us today and let put that idle land you left unused to use

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
Are you aware that the Qty of fertilizer you add to your soil is dependent on the spacing you observe during planting, the initial nutrient level of the soil, the type of crop planted and viability of the seed planted

Are you Also aware that it is important you avoid frequent application of herbicide as a means of controlling weed because the chemical composition of the herbicide/fungicide/pesticide usually degrade the organic composition of your soil at the long run( ie after prolong use)

Are you aware that it not still 100%save to cultivate plantain yet till April ending, except the frequency of rain in your area has increased or you have source of water

Information is power.....it save you lot of valuable time and cash that would have been wasted .....

Hence consult expert in any endeavour you may venture into.

Change in ecosystem, depletion of ozon layer and global warming has a devastating effect on our farm land and so attempting to cultivate that land with huge investment is like attempting to cross the red sea with a canoe.

Make a wise choice....call us today!!

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
We lost close to 100 stands of sucker already attained puberty in our experimental farm .....it a natural desaster we have no full control of. Deforestation is beginning to expose the Ecosystem and there is need to plant any tree you fall in that bush.

The lose of the sucker is nothing to worry about as regeneration already increase as soon as the parent sucker is out of the way.

No more broads carnation!!!!! The time to order for tour hybrid sucker and cultivate that idle land is now!!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2019
Whether you will be satisfy or dissatisfy on your harvesting day depends on your choice of suckers.....this follow the saying that what you plant is what you harvest.....make a wise choice by calling kenfarm for your genetically engineered suckers suitable for the tropical region.

Do it differently this time and expect a positive different out come. Contact us via our customer care line on my signature
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2019
Keep your dream to yourself...

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:32am On May 10, 2019
Remember, a farmer do not have to blame his tools when his harvest is poor.....but put the Blame on your "kobo wise Dollas foolish" decisions and policies you made

Do it differently this season by
1. Testing that soil
2. Buying our hybrid treated sucker
3. Getting as much direction you need from expect

And bumper harvest is yours
Cheers!!

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:46am On May 17, 2019
Soil structure:

Soil structure is the ability of the soil to be stable in structure that is, to fighting or binding together of all materials that make up the soil structure. One of the materials is humic acid that is present in organic matter.

A soil sample which is dark colouration is an indication of organic matter content. This will help the soil sample to retain their nutrients most importantly macronutrient (N, P, K, Ca and Mg) and available for plant uptake and this will lead to good yield.
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2019
We visited our experimental farm today for accessment after instructing my workers to cut down the weed. Just two weeks after, see how mature the weeds are again.

I am around to apply herbicide to suppress the weed for possibly 4weeks

The bad news is that about 170suckers holding bunches which would have mature by now so I can sell off to make huge profit now that plantain is very expensive in the market was unfortunately fallen by wiid early last month. Wind elimination is one of the risk of plantain farming Biz that we plantain farmer is yet to control for.

But the good news is I have enough sucker to transplant to my newly acquired farm and have enough to sell to cover up for the lose in plantain fruit.

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by adelafe2019: 4:58pm On May 29, 2019
O.P. The thread is very interesting.Pls. what is your location?
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2019
adelafe2019:
O.P. The thread is very interesting.Pls. what is your location?

Thanks for the complement you can visit us in Ibadan
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
Our experimental farm has started producing giant fruit. We urge our esteem distributors to be on the look out. We keep you all posted

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2019
Suckers available in our experimental farm

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Client Query below
Thanks for the information.
Kindly assist with the analysis of revenue/income that will be generated in one acre to cover your cost analysis in the quote to make profit.
Thanks.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Kenfarm response below

When u plant 1000 suckers it means you expecting to harvest 1000bunches if yu did not experience wind falling any stand.

A bunch is #1000 or more. So you expect to make 1M from your one acre.

However, you can not make your 1M in one season as all bunches can not grow fruit same time. So the 1M is a cumulative saving of sells for like 3season.

The good news is if you plant in May 2019, by July 2020 you will be harvesting a cumulative of 200-300 bunches. In July 2021 you will harvest another 200-300 bunches or even more. So in 3season you should make out your 1M.

By July 2021, your one acre will be having up to 2000 stands of suckers so it keep multiplying every season

All these info are not from google. It the experience I have gathered from this Biz over the years

But let me quickly say that whether or not you get the above depends on
1. If you buy your sucker from the right source
2. If you take adequate care of the farm
3. If you analyse the soil to know what level of fertilizer to apply, what type and what method to apply
4. How well you control weed
5. How knowledgeable is your farm keeper
6. If your farm is not in area where the fruit will be stolen even before it get mature enough to command good market price.

I can go on and on but contact kenfarm for more detail after buying our hybrid suckers

Hybrid treated Giant Elephant suckers still available at a friendly price

Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
A Quick tip for our esteem clients:

Preparing suckers Suckers are separated from their mother plant with a spade or machete. The sucker corm must not be damaged or chipped. Consequently the corm should be carefully peeled with a machete. The pseudo stem of the suckers should be cut off a few centimeters above the corm. Peeling of the corm delays the development of nematode infestation, while cutting of the pseudo stem reduces bulkiness and improves early growth of the newly planted sucker.

Ensure you also look out for early symptoms of Fungi infection on your plantain farm as late identification my make it impossible to control for the manifestation.

Kenfarm can help you have a pictorial examination of your plantain plantation to identify early symptoms of fungi. We can not give you concise confirmation of whether or not your farm is having manifestation of fungi attack unless we visit your farm take sample and analyse for presence of fungi and type of fungi with remedy.

But picture sent to us may just help us give you useful clues.

Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
Getting to know the soils in your area

As explained in our previous post, it's difficult to make any useful generalizations about the soils of the tropics and subtropics. Soil-forming factors like climate, parent rock, time, topography, vegetation, and management interact in countless patterns. It's not unusual to find two or more soils on one small farm that vary markedly in texture, depth, slope, and other important features.

Different geagraphycal area has different soil profile and fertility. The reason why some crop grow in certain area and will not grow in other area no matter your input. Consult kenfarm on 08038623884 for more detail
Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hey folks,
This is the appropriate time to make huge profit out if your farm land. Do an irrigation farm and cultivate yur sucker at odd time ...contact kenfarm for more details
Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 2:02am On Jul 12, 2020
6 REASONS WHY SOME FARMERS FAIL

People don’t just fail. People fail because they fail do certain things that they ought to do. The farming industry is replete of many farmers who have given up. Let’s quickly explore the six vital reasons why they failed.

1. They are absent. Absentee farmers will always fail. To succeed in farming, you must be around your farm most of the time one way or the other.

2. They do it alone. Those who do the farming business just by themselves without meaningful and proper interactions with farmers that matters will pack up sooner or later. No one can succeed alone. A smart farmer knows that there are webs of interactions with farmers, vets, nutritionists and other notable professionals that will make farming successful.

3. They like cheap inputs instead of going for quality. A cheap mentality at the expense of productivity will always lead to frustrations. When a farmer is fanatical about cheap inputs, he is digging his business grave.

4. They bite more than they can chew. Some farmers, in a bid to make it big fast will take on more than they can handle financially and technically. And of course they will crash!

5. They don’t keep proper records. Structures and order usually bring increase. What you don’t measure may not grow and may even die.

6. They focus more on work than science. One Israeli prime minister once said that agriculture is 95 percent science and 5 percent work. When a farmer focuses more on activities than the laid down scientific obligations, he is bound to fail.

Example is failing to test yur soil fertility before cultivation

Number 3 is more common and applicable to those who compromise standard. When you go for cheap sucker thinking you are playing smart, often time at harvest you will realise you have made a huge mistake.
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:32am On May 21, 2021
Did you know??

Dehydration can make you tire much faster, have headaches & reduced performance at work.

Keep a bottle of water on your desk.

Stay hydrated!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2021
Venturing into plantain plantation Biz require a high level of expertise expecially in this time of unpredictable weather.

There are lot of precautions to best taken to ensure the lack of rain and prolong dry season do not affect your plantation.

If you must secceed in your crop production, the below factors must be put under check
1. Type of soil you using, it characteristics and topography

2. Whether your seed is from a good source and viable

3. How well you manage the plantation which mean u need an expert

4. How well you secure your farm

If all these factors are under control, then certainly you have done your best. The rest is for Oluwa to take charge.

Consult kenfarm to help you put all the above factors under check

Pictures below is one of the plantation we establish last season and it has started producing very big bunches

Cheers

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:07am On Jul 12, 2021
What you plant is what you harvest.

Hybrid treated sucker is expensive yet picket friendly. Do not purchase local suckers for hybrid thinking you have made a good deal.....you realised on harvest day you made a Kobo wise and pound foolish decision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache / Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.