Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? (21009 Views)

7 Tips To Help You Answer The Interview Question, “tell Me About Yourself” / Help- How Do You Answer This Interview Question? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
So yesterday I had a unique experience at the final stage of a job interview...
We were asked to pitch the company to the interviewers and assume they were foreign investors

I had enough time so I prepared quite ferociously for it and I aced it. In fact the interviewers couldn't help it, they had to clap...

Then they asked me this confusing simple question:

"You know quite a lot about our company, what don't you Know" ?
I was strangely thrown off by this question, I just couldn't come up with any answer that made sense to even me at that moment....

So I just started the usual blabbing, it was quite terrible that the White Guy had to say. " U don de spoil am now o!" In pidgin lol...
I just hope they still consider me though cry

So what would have been the perfect answer to this question?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by tobey2ng(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
pappyG:
We were asked to pitch the company to the interviewers and assume they were foreign investors

I had enough time so I prepared quite ferociously for it and I aced it. In fact the interviewers couldn't help it, they had clap...

I was strangely thrown off by this question, I just couldn't come up with any answer that made sense to even me at that moment....

So I just started the usual blabbing, it was quite terrible that the White Guy had to say. " U don de spoil am now o!" In pidgin lol...

You should have said, what is the welfare package they have for their staff? They want you to asked questions about the company basically. Don't worry you will be call bruh

44 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by Mackin: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
"[b]You know quite a lot about our company, what don't you Know" ?

Company culture and der competitors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
tobey2ng:

You should have said, what is the welfare package they have for their staff? They want you to asked questions about the company basically. Don't worry you will be call bruh

Yeah? I'm​ starting to figure it out, you must be right!!! Cos towards the end he was like " are you not going to ask the 'question' that everybody asks"
....silly me still replied "no sir" I think I messed up

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
Mackin:

Company culture and der competitors

Maybe.....buh I already touched on those areas In the PowerPoint presentation, so...

I think I would have really understood the question, if he simply asks " do you have any questions for us"

Well, maybe he was trynna figure if I was 'smart' enough to understand him or there was a 'communication issue'

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by tobey2ng(m): 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
pappyG:

Yeah? I'm​ starting to figure it out, you must right!!! Cos towards the end he was like " are you not going to ask the 'question' that everybody asks"
....silly me still replied "no sir" I think I messed up
Oh..... The interviewer tried to help you out buh you weren't smart enough to get it. Just be optimistic, you can still get the job. You might leverage on your presentation about the company. You can't get 100% in job interview. Best of luck bruh.

7 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
pappyG:
I had enough time so I prepared quite ferociously for it and I aced it. In fact the interviewers couldn't help it, they had clap...

There will always be new things to learn.

Please don't fret over that. You already delivered a great presentation.

9 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by ademasta(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
pappyG:

We are together.... @Otta
Name of the company withheld

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
ademasta:

We are together.... @Otta
Name of the company withheld

lol grin smiley Hope yours went well sha?

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
alignacademy:

There will always be new things to learn.

Please don't fret over that. You already delivered a great presentation.

true bro...thanks

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by Tazdroid(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
Simple answer... You don't know whether the company grants 6 months' annual leave grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by AlamienDagash(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
interviewer:What don't you know? me: i don't know if you guyz give 6months annaul holiday twice a year.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by R3B3L(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
AlamienDagash:
interviewer:What don't you know?
me: i don't know if you guyz give 6months annaul holiday twice a year.
clown.. tongue
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Tazdroid:
Simple answer... You don't know whether the company grants 6 months' annual leave grin grin

cheesy cheesy It takes a level of confidence to retain one's sense of humor at such critical times.

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by IbnMajaah: 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
menwhile

8 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by ademasta(m): 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
pappyG:

lol grin smiley Hope yours went well sha?
The other 3 guys were ok with my presentation, but the white man? Hmmmm...

He was just not satisfied. But i hope for the best.
Wait, were you the one that did last dat day?

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
ademasta:

They other 3 guys were ok with my presentation, but the white man? Hmmmm...

No bro, I was the second in my group 25th,tues
Same day?
Did you discuss pay with 'em?
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by ademasta(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
pappyG:

No bro, I was the second in my group 25th,tues
Same day?
Did you discuss pay with 'em?
No i did before you then... On Monday.
We're you among the people told by the HRM to come back the second day? Cos we were like 8 before some of us were rescheduled.
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
ademasta:

They other 3 guys were ok with my presentation, but the white man? Hmmmm...

You got a pm bro
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by ademasta(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
I responded already sir
pappyG:

You got a pm bro
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by toprealman: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
We are set to dominate the market ....what I don't know as it stands is what can stop us from being the market leader we are, with all we already have on ground and also plan to implement!

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by aloeman15(m): 5:03am On Apr 29, 2017
there's still tym
send an email
take responsibility for d error
ask the relevant qtns DT only staf know. by talking to staf
request feedback.
finish wit flattery, how unique d qtns were and how much insight u got
good luck
pappyG:

I had enough time so I prepared quite ferociously for it and I aced it. In fact the interviewers couldn't help it, they had to clap...

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by pappyG: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2017
aloeman15:
there's still tym
send an email
take responsibility for d error
ask the relevant qtns DT only staf know. by talking to staf
request feedback.
finish wit flattery, how unique d qtns were and how much insight u got
good luck
Thanks for this boss,
I actually considered doing this initially buh I felt it might reek of 'desperation'.............

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by aloeman15(m): 7:28am On Apr 29, 2017
so wot?
people sleep wit d boss, bribe, etc, just to get a job.
why would desperation be a problem?
and yet its d ryt tin t do.
pappyG:

Thanks for this boss,
I actually considered doing this initially buh I felt it might reek of 'desperation'.............
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2017
interviewer: what don't you know about our company?
Answer: I don't know who is doing the BOSS wife among you.
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2017
This shouldn't be on FP as I see no contribution to new knowledge or awareness.

What don't you know...everything about the company.

A company's culture can not be seen from outside except you'd worked there, pay scale, benefits, support etc etc.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by WHOcarex: 7:38am On Apr 29, 2017
What I don't know is whether you guys fvck from behind undecided
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by chinybelle(f): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2017
This Is a very simple question na
You just didn't prepare for it

Become your own boss
Buy and resell human hairs and wigs
Holla chinybelle_hair on Instagram
Call or chat 08063861919
Hairs are so affordable

Pick one or two for yourself today.

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by Goldenheart(m): 7:39am On Apr 29, 2017
cool
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by slawomir: 7:40am On Apr 29, 2017
next time tell them you know everything about the company and what you don't know is what they don't expect you to know. lollll. hahahah.
but sincerely sha. that one nor be question to decide if they will employ you or not. just relax and calm down. you will get the job.
wish you luck. did mine in 2014. Uniben and I got the job.
Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by DollarAngel(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2017
Ask a question about the company,

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This 'strange' Interview Question? by profstar(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2017
Very simple question I must say.

"What I don't know of course are confidential information that makes the company, the company. Such as, trade secrets, Unique selling point of the business and so on. As these are top secret in any organization"

I didn't think twice to answer that question.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Write A Job Application Using The E-mail Format / Npower Batch C Stream 2: How To Check Npower Shortlisted Names / Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.