Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

To Propose Or Not To Propose - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Propose Or Not To Propose (384 Views)

Man Plans With Prostitute To Disgrace Him Over Unpaid Sex To Propose To Girlfrie / Lady Gives Her Boyfriend Ultimatum To Propose Or She Walks Away / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Propose Or Not To Propose by VirtueDigest: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2017
So there has been this buzz about proposals with different opinions and I feel it’s time to speak my truth on this issue. So yeah, let me begin.
Proposal has been a long time phenomenon, either it is two lovers playing under a mango tree and the guy putting on a dashing smile and asking gently with a puppy eyes: will you marry me? Or a man offering a shoe to a lady and also saying the same kind of words: will you marry me? It’s all proposals.

Just saying the word: “Marry me” itself is a proposal.

But in recent time, it seemed that those who do a hyped form of proposals are tagged ‘flashy’ and labeled as people seeking attention, while those who proposed in un-hyped form are tagged ‘unromantic’. I think this isn’t fair. Either you are the type that wants it low key or wants it in a hyped manner there is nothing wrong with it. It all boils down to – personality.

Yes in many cultures, the men get to do the proposals and sometimes they feel they have to do what they want. But pardon me to say— it is not just about you. It is about you and your partner and also knowing the kind of partner you have. If your partner is an introvert she most likely would not want a hyped proposal, but she might still want a simple beautiful type of proposal.

If your partner is an extrovert, then she most likely would want a hyped proposal, she probably would want the day she is been proposed to for marriage to be a date she considers special to her (like her birthday or more) and would want her partner to treat it is as such.

Now, it is for the man to decide, what kind of partner he has and how she would like to be proposed to.

Also, it is not just about the lady but also about the guy. Some guys are introverted and some are not. For the introvert, it may not just be in their genes to do a hyped form of proposal so they simply won’t. If you have that kind of man as a lady, simply enjoy the low key kind of proposal and be content with it.

And for the men who are extrovert, they may want to do a hyped kind of proposal even if the lady is an introvert. Some sensitive men weigh the personality of their spouses and act accordingly. The question is, if your man is not sensitive enough to perceive through, would you still feel the spark when it is done?

There are also views that it is not about the proposals but the marriage. While that submission is very true, I also feel that just because you are focused on having a beautiful marriage does not mean your journey to it shouldn’t be beautiful. Also, just because the marriage is the most important thing doesn’t mean other aspect of the journey to it isn’t important: from meeting each other to being friends, to dating or courting, to deciding to marry (which is the proposal part) to marriage should all be filled with beautiful and blissful experience.

Again, I would like to say, either a proposal is hyped or simple. There is nothing absolutely wrong with it. It all depends on you & your partner.

To a beautiful journey to and through marital life, I wish you all the best.

This is Nifemi, the content in these post are simply my kind of truth, please, feel free to drop your comment about the topic. Would love to read what you think.

Ciao.
Re: To Propose Or Not To Propose by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Who has proposal when you already know where the relationship is heading to.

(1) (Reply)

Here's Why This Nigerian Mum Cried At Daughter's Wedding / Marriage Breaker / True Words To Men(exclusively Baby)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.