Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? (916 Views)

Is It Wise To Accept A Girl Who Says She Loves You With Another Guy / Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? / 8 Ways To Punish Girls Who Come On A Date With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Ineedinfo(f): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2017
Hello Nairalanders...

There's this act that bothers me a great deal. I know what I believe in my heart to be the right route but is it the best? I would love others contributions too. No man is an island they say...

Must we discuss it with our "best" friend? Must we talk about it with our pals? Does discussing this hurdles ever sprouts a sound solution to the matter?
Here's my opinion - http://kareninspirational.com/2016/12/16/is-it-wise-to-discuss-every-little-hurdle-you-encounter-in-your-relationship-with-friends/
I will appreciate yours though.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by lilmaydee(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2017
I don't think it is wise but sometimes you just need second opinion. I do it with my best friend and he does same with me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by adelacuna(m): 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
I dont think its wise

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Ineedinfo(f): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
lilmaydee:
I don't think it is wise but sometimes you just need second opinion. I do it with my best friend and he does same with me.
Maybe you trust your best friend wholeheartedly. Have you ever considered the advise not being well intended?
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by babyfaceafrica: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
Yes and no...which kain friends do you have?..some friends are better than family,pastor and doctors..some are worse than the devil himself...again I ask which kind of friends do you roll with?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Ineedinfo(f): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Yes and no...which kain friends do you have?..some friends are better than family,pastor and doctors..some are worse than the devil himself...again I ask which kind of friends do you roll with?
You've got an interesting point there. If you actually test their loyalty, how would you decipher what their action meant? Especially if you can't discern actions beyond face value.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by ikp120(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
I hate it with passion. Once I find out, na breakup be that o.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Ineedinfo(f): 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
ikp120:
I hate it with passion. Once I find out, na breakup be that o.
I hate it too. I don't see the need but who knows, maybe there 're benefits/advantages to it. I just don't see it.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by sseunth(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Is it their relationship?

Why should i be talking to my friends about my relationship?

I dont even talk to my friends' babes. After greeting, nothing else.

Although i have some kiss and tell friends. I Bleep that babe overnight, i do that, i do this.....i will jst be like congrats.....

I dnt trust niggas when it comes to babes and money.

Infact, i dnt trust niggas, i only trust funds
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Fmartin(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
depends on how close u guys ar
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
It depends really, If you've been friends for a long time the trust is there so yeah I think it's okay. But don't tell your business to everyone... Some friends are not genuine at all
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Very unwise. angry
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
Its not advisable at all.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by lilmaydee(m): 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ineedinfo:
Maybe you trust your best friend wholeheartedly. Have you ever considered the advise not being well intended?
It's not all advice that one must follow. But his intentions have always been good.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by babyfaceafrica: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ineedinfo:
You've got an interesting point there. If you actually test their loyalty, how would you decipher what their action meant? Especially if you can't discern actions beyond face value.
discernment is a gift and also you can know if you use your head over your heart.test them..if you are rich pretend you are poor for some months and see how they react. Tell them a fictitious story about yourself and spouse and see the advise they give.This other advise goes to ladies especially,do not keep many friends ,one or two is enough. When you are married,let their be a lacuna BTW you and your male friends, for God sake you are married. Lastly, just pray to God, there is nothing he cannot do..even in your hopelessness, there is hope.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Fadamant: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
I am an independent thinker. I hardly seek advice and listen to other opinions, though I speak to a few mature friends if I am in a crisis situation. So I've already decided not to marry any woman who has to discuss all relationship or marriage issues with friends, mom, siblings and even pastor. When we need to talk to someone, we would know the person or pastor it should be.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Ineedinfo(f): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Fadamant:
I am an independent thinker. I hardly seek advice and listen to other opinions, though I speak to a few mature friends if I am in a crisis situation. So I've already decided not to marry any woman who has to discuss all relationship or marriage issues with friends, mom, siblings and even pastor. When we need to talk to someone, we would know the person or pastor it should be.
Your view on this issue is quite similar to mine. I never really see the need but then I don't trust easily. I want to find out if my view is wrong. I'd like to know the advantages because from where I stand, I only see people using what they were told in confidence against the person maybe during a fight or just gisting with other friends.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sometimes your friend's advise is always the best.
Genuine friends o, so you tell them some happening in your relationship to seek their opinion on it.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Fadamant: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ineedinfo:
Your view on this issue is quite similar to mine. I never really see the need but then I don't trust easily. I want to find out if my view is wrong. I'd like to know the advantages because from where I stand, I only see people using what they were told in confidence against the person maybe during a fight or just gisting with other friends.

Well, for me I don't care or worry about anyone using whatever he or she is told against me.

My position is that, if my partner cannot handle our issues herself and must talk to her friends and others each time she has something about her relationship to worry about, then she is not up to scratch in the first place. Even if I have to talk to someone concerning my relationship/marriage, it should not be my friend or her friend. If you do that you will gradually destroy your relationship. Don't trust any friend completely.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Izza bad idea
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Ineedinfo(f): 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Fadamant:

Well, for me I don't care or worry about anyone using whatever he or she is told against me.

My position is that, if my partner cannot handle our issues herself and must talk to her friends and others each time she has something about her relationship to worry about, then she is not up to scratch in the first place. Even if I have to talk to someone concerning my relationship/marriage, it should not be my friend or her friend. If you do that you will gradually destroy your relationship. Don't trust any friend completely.
I see your point. I guess individually we're all built differently. Some probably use that means to vent their frustrations, letting out steam. It may be harsh to breakup with a girl you're dating based on something as trivial as that...instead like you said. If she must confide in someone, it should be someone older and mature. Who would never use it against her.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Fadamant: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:
I see your point. I guess individually we're all built differently. Some probably use that means to vent their frustrations, letting out steam. It may be harsh to breakup with a girl you're dating based on something as trivial as that...instead like you said. If she must confide in someone, it should be someone older and mature. Who would never use it against her.
Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Fadamant: 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ineedinfo:

Exactly. You've just put it succintly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Discuss Every Little Hurdle In Your Relationship With Friends? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
It's not advisable

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Girls Do When They Are In Love With A Guy. / 3 Major Kinds Of Cheat, Which Do You Belong? / Move On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.