Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' (64734 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by AreaFada2: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
“The stool of Oba of Lagos was founded by Olofin Ogunfunminire and the Ooni of Ife is the Oba of Yoruba land."

These people should please stop this fat lie.

Eleko stool was founded by Esikpa/Asipa and Prince Ado, both from Benin.

Lies in high places, na wa o. shocked shocked shocked

Maybe this twisting of history is one reason for the feud.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by MasterChen: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
iamexcelblog:

Omenkalives be quoting himself and laughing. Any Omenkalives that cannot be bold and yab with his account Omenkalives, is that one an Omenkalives?

This guy is back again.. cheesy I'm not omenkalives bro. Do you even need a medicine man to know this? Go through his posts, go through my posts and see if there is anything similar. I'm not Yonkiji.sappo either and all those Obike.nkem/Cliffordorji accounts you keep ascribing to me.

This is the only account I have on Nairaland. MasterChen is the name.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by SIRmanjar(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Who be dis guy man again?lol!I thought our humble oni said he has moved on.The oba of lagos stool was founded by a Benin prince not oni of ife..Why una wan twist pure fact again?
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Same with Okoyiboz NgeneUkwenu AbakilikiPress.

Thou shadows of Omenkalives should appear. Your master Omenkalives have spoken!
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Henon: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Who Oba and Ooni epp?
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Yinkame123(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin

Before you throw tantrum to the royals and advising that their stool be scrapped please extend the same recommendations to Queen of England then we will listened to your senseless recommendations.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Goodinfo: 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Waay better than Osu slave Igbo versus Freeborn Igbo vs clueless Alusis of Igboland
Now, go munch on some stinky akpu and stop 'shooking' nose in matter wey no concern you.

I guess u have taken osogbo weed and fermented lagoon water like your brother Balee of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

This guy is back again.. cheesy I'm not omenkalives bro. Do you even need a medicine man to know this? Go through his posts, go through my posts and see if there is anything similar. I'm not Yonkiji.sappo either and all those Obike.nkem accounts you keep ascribing to me.

grin grin You need a psychogeriatrist bro. You need Psychotropics honestly speaking.

Ngeneukwenu aka Omenkalives take note.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by salford: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
The tourism guy goofed. The eleko throne was founded by benin not Olofin Ogunfunminire, even though the aworis were the first nation/aborigine in present day Lagos

He would have been better off using the oranmiyan angle...lol
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Omoteyi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
sarrki:
We should allow them to settle it

No domain is superior to one

We should learn to live in peace
..........................Habba! you are comparing a village Baale to Oonirisa awon Alale the Ancestors will revenge ooooo
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by gberra: 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin
scrap an historical socio-cultural practice that had long existed even before the birth of your grandfathers? Do you think Yorubas are acephalous as sone ethnic village peasants?

Igbos must be Mad.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Charly68: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

Even though you amused me your opinion is very insensible to Yoruba tradition & divine order of leadership ..Can there be order in our communities in the absence of tradional Obas ? No!
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by fxskye: 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
I'm of the view that Oba of Lagos needs to be told some bitter truths. You don't run Obaship like you run a police station.

A position in life brings out Inner Character of the Occupier. Since the current Ooni of Ife enthroned, he has always shown humility. His primary aim is to forester unity among the livings. The way he handle Hausa clash/violent that broke out in Ife which eventually made Emir of Kano to visit Ife for spot assessment testifies to Ojaja II's humility.

As the saying goes;, Character is the Only Religion, Only Where There is..... "Eefii Nii Iwa".

Oba Akinolu needs to play his traditional roles well.

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Tecno66: 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Lilimax(f): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Ooni of Ife is my man any day. He handles the issue maturely while remaining calm
unlike one old pompous Obaembarassed embarassed
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by kjhova(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

You have postulated an interesting idea but sadly you wounded it mortally with your last paragraph.

Come to think of it, why don't we do the reverse and go fully royalist? We can hand executive power back to the obas who were the original owners of the land before British guns siezed power from them. In that case we scrap these thieving gorvernors, presidents etc and retain maybe only the House of Rep whose speaker is then delegated executive functions by the obas. This is how the UK is structured.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Lilimax(f): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
fxskye:
I'm of the view that Oba of Lagos needs to be told some bitter truths. You don't run Obaship like you run a police station.

A position in life brings out Inner Character of the Occupier. Since the current Ooni of Ife enthroned, he has always shown humility. His primary aim is to forester unity among the livings. The way he handle Hausa clash/violent that broke out in Ife which eventually made Emir of Kano to visit Ife for spot assessment testifies to Ojaja II's humility.

As the saying goes;, Character is the Only Religion, Only Where There is..... "Eefii Nii Iwa".

Oba Akinolu needs to play his traditional roles well.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by BigIyanga: 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
What did u expect from egunje-infested life of a police officer turned Oba? He spent his career intimidating, threatening,extorting and bullying people. He can never change!!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by MasterChen: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
iamexcelblog:

grin grin You need a psychogeriatrist bro. You need Psychotropics honestly speaking.

Ngeneukwenu aka Omenka.lives take note.

But jokes apart, I think you're a nice guy *no homo* and I also observed you don't really do this tribal thing, which is good.

Your problem is that you're struggling to come to terms with the fact that this thing is tit for tat and it makes you look like an hypocrite because I never see you preach when your brothers do it. You'll never see me wailing or playing victim on those threads y'all insult Yorubas.

I either clab back or I ignore.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by femiranking28(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
What happens between the both of them is never, would never, can never be any of my business. So I won't help them mind it I have mine to mind....
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Vicolan: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

If you care to know Oni Of Ife has already hustle he's not living on Ife cash or govt cash either.... Scrapping them is just like scrapping Oba of Benin or Sultan of Sokoto

My opinion though
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by salford: 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
bsideboii:
My feelings tell me the Oba of Lagos felt he should have been greeted first before the other royal father there or......what do I even know
Some said the ooni arrived late when others like the Obi and the eleko were already sitted and created disturbances with the noise from his emewas..lol
no ome really knows.

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by omenkaLives(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

This guy is back again.. cheesy I'm not omenkalives bro. Do you even need a medicine man to know this? Go through his posts, go through my posts and see if there is anything similar. I'm not Yonkiji.sappo either and all those Obike.nkem/Cliffordorji accounts you keep ascribing to me.

The kid is desperate for love and attention, pay none to him. Let him perish in his loneliness.

You are me, we agree. grin

Make my phone crash of I pay am any attention when I have bigger fishes to fry. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by GeneralOjukwu: 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
suremarfe:
Yoruba people and their issues. cheesy

SHARAP... angry

No be Yoruba get this website? And you are asslicking and making him richer?

Joke's on you

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by YonkijiSappo: 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Those Osu slaves would talk nonsense, but when reply them in kind, they start crying that they are marginalized and they want Biafuro.

They are serious crybabies, I tell you.
The region that contributes nothing and gets everything from being in Nigeria, yet are still shouting for secession- banking on the coast and crude oil of southern minorities as their key to success.
If na Yoruba or any of the SS tribes dey clamor for secession, I go even understand small.

6 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by salford: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Vicolan:

If you care to know Oni Of Ife has already hustle he's not living on Ife cash or govt cash either.... Scrapping them is just like scrapping Oba of Benin or Sultan of Sokoto

My opinion though
This one na big lie oo. Even dangote and otedola all have multiple streams of income. Have you been reading the news lately about the emir of kano?
Do you think the Ooni makes all those expensive trips with his subject to london and the US with his personal money? lol
do you know most yoruba and hausa towns hinterland have huge cocoa, rubber, yam and palm oil farms that rakes in sometimes over 100million a year from proceeds of sales?

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Vicolan: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
salford:

This one na big lie oo. Even dangote and otedola all have multiple streams of income. Have you been reading the news lately about the emir of kano?
Do you think the Ooni makes all those expensive trips with his subject to london and the US with his personal money? lol

My brother leave it or take it Oni of Ife has hustled b4 becoming the king ask those that kwns more about Yoruba land
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by seunfape(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Going to 20 crimes committed by the Lagos lagoon oba with in two years isok continue .
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by akigbemaru: 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
chiefolododo:
I once thought you were intelligent
There was no point in time in which that guy get sense egbon. undecided

©YBR
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by iamkneeyi: 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
I never for ones like the Eleko of Eko..By the way the title oba of Lagos is self acclaimed title ..We have Elegusi of egusi .etc.Rilwan is a 3rd class oba. Nah civilization help am small...He is just jealous of Oba adeyeye. ..May the accestors forgive me...Rilwan is a big shame to the Yoruba nation..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lovely New Look Of Hope, Boy Said To Be A Witch & Left To Die On Streets Of Eket / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.