Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed (24445 Views)

Buhari Government Is Frustrating AIT, Raypower FM – Dokpesi / ‘INEC, APC Frustrating My Petition Before Tribunal’ – Abba Yusuf Cries Out / INEC, Tribunal Frustrating My Petitions – Olusola Eleka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has again accused the social media of aggravating the challenges of government’s media representatives.

In a speech delivered to mark the annual conference and general meeting of the National Institute of Public Relations in Ilorin, Kwara State, Mr. Mohammed also denied allegations of diverting $1.2 billion.

According to a statement sent by the minister’s special adviser on media and publicity, Segun Adeyemi, Mr. Mohammed denied media publications alleging that he amassed $1.2 billion through an unnamed account. He however did not state what media organisation, or under what caption the alleged story was published.
“There is no better occasion than this to examine the increasingly tough, and almost impossible, job of a public relations practitioner. Tougher still is the task of the Government Perception Manager, whether he or she is the Minister of Information, Commissioner for Information, Spokespersons for the President or Governor or for any government agency.
“The challenges faced daily by the perception managers have been exacerbated by the Social Media. Today, the challenges have defied everything the practitioner may have been taught about perception management, public relations and all. Today, anyone with a phone and data is a journalist, a blogger, owner of an online publication, an opinion moulder, etc. And they do all this simply because they can. No regulations, no sanctions. The spokesperson is at their mercy. Regrettably, they have a fanatic followership in the largely uninformed masses, whose experience over the years has primed them not to trust government and public office holders.
“The masses are daily served incredible menu and unbelievable tales which they swallow hook, line and sinker. How else can you explain that people will believe and circulate a fake report that the Minister of Information and Culture; that is yours truly, has 1.2 billion dollars in his imaginary bank account? Let’s examine this for a moment. 1.2 billion dollars is about 400 billion Naira. The entire yearly budget of the Ministry of Information and Culture, where I preside, is under 15 billion Naira, and these include salaries, overhead and capital projects. Assuming, without conceding, that the Minister somehow manages to transfer the entire budget into his personal account, it will take 25 years for him to amass 400 billion Naira. Yet, this disinformation was lapped up by the public”.
Mr. Mohammed who had in previous publications described the social media as a nightmare alleged that the stated problem is caused mainly by the activities of the opposition whom he defined as a set of uncontrollable people.
“The perception manager today is engaged in an unending war with an opposition that is amorphously defined, an opposition who never sleeps, an opposition that has no rules of engagement, an opposition that has power without responsibility or control, one whose objective is not to inform, educate or provide constructive criticism but to set their own agenda from their own ethnic, religious, ideological and economic perspective, irrespective of what the challenges of government are”.

Mr. Mohammed urged media representatives in government parastatals to rise up the challenge by adhering to the principles of accountability in information dissemination.

“The government information managers must not allow themselves to be discouraged by this. Today’s government information manager, whether he is Minister or Commissioner in charge of Information, must equip himself with qualities such as integrity, courage, abnormal capacity for hard work, ingenuity, resourcefulness, ability to think out of the box, encyclopaedic knowledge of all things under the stars, incorruptibility and, above all, passion about the job,” said Mr. Mohammed

The information Minister has at various fora expressed displeasure about the impact of what he described as fake information emanating from the media, stressing that such stories pose more threat to Nigeria than insurgency..

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/229766-social-media-makes-spokespersons-tasks-difficult-lai-mohammed.html

2 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by GloriaNinja(f): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
undecided MINISTER LIAR MOHAMMED

215 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
It's the work of your village members and enemies. Your aunty who you refused to fetch firewood for is the one typing nonsense on nairaland. Don't mind them, jor. Just continue to do your fantastic job by eroding and destroying this Buhari administration. Also visit Lazarus Maouka for deliverance.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Jabioro: 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
Na media you take pursue Jonathan na d same media we go take pursue una.. Mind you whatever you vomit are what media disseminate, therefore do not complain..

301 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by DrGoodman: 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Minister of lies and disinformation, you sowed the wind, please enjoy the whirlwind quietly.

206 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Poorboy: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
This Afonja nawa ooo

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Evestar200(f): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hahahahahaha, Ekpan o'share na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by weyabcom: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
But wait oooo liar Mohammed na drum u wan use in this modern world to convey info?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
You are wrong sir. It is just the law of Karma in action. What you sow you reap. Period.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by bantudra: 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
then dont listen to social media no more...just do your job........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by ourema(f): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
Karma is such a wonderful thing. Just few years ago you used the same platform to gain prominence but today it is frustrating your job

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lie mohammed calling opposition "UNCONTROLLABLE"... grin grin grin

Next election would be done through youtube...this time people would video polling units a whole day till the process ends including the results and transmitting directly.....

All units should have video cameras directly on the sheet for the period, which should not be moved. And result recorded on video as evidence after the card reader has done its job...

Underaged would be seen and can be counted.

Sheets cants be falsified as video might have circulated

Double vote would be eliminated through card reader and video.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by PatriotTemidayo: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
A liar is always frustrated. He needs a brand new lie to cover the old lies. Its like digging a hole in order to cover another hole, holes will never finish, and digging will be infinite..... undecided

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by jieta: 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
how are we even sure that he is not lyingcheesy

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Nebuzaradan: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
we call it karma in yorubaland grin

21 Likes

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Vicolan: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Yes Bcz u keep on lying to the media too.....U r two mouthed Mr Lie

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lol

Social media has made it impossible for you to spew lies and incoherent information about the state of the Nation. Gone are those days when all the news came from NTA 2

Social media is the bane of politicians.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Esseite:
Lie mohammed calling opposition "UNCONTROLLABLE"... grin grin grin

"Mr. Mohammed urged media representatives in government parastatals to rise up the challenge by adhering to the principles of accountability in information dissemination."

Next election would be done through youtube...this time people would video polling units a whole day till the process ends including the results and transmitting directly.....

Facebook live

4 Likes

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by ephi123(f): 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
Funniest thing I have read all day grin grin grin

My Lying Lai, you only just started! As someone rightly said above, "you sowed the wind, please enjoy the whirlwind quietly"

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by hucienda: 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
hehehe ... fighting against the vile form of media calumny and propaganda you helped create.

Lie M., you people sowed the wind. now you folks are reaping the whirlwind aplenty.

ride with the tiger, end up in its belly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by TINALETC3(f): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by breakingnewsng: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
This Old Man should just STFU!!!

You haven't seen anything yet cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by abumeinben(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Heeeeeeeyyyyyy. \grin/

Lai Mohammed...logeest time. Me don miss you die.

Same media you used to frustrate the previous somebody's job bah? Yoowaah

9 Likes

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by AuroraB(f): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Enjoy it. cheesy
You bin think say e easy?
Awon rocket science undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by ttemmi(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hahaha
Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Hades2016(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Which job you da do before , ? if not to lie to the General public cheesy .... Mr lie lie

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Partnerbiz(f): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hahahahahha
Hahahahha
Mr Lai Lai.

Because they easily detect your lies.

Make I come begin go abeg before Efcc go come.

See below shaa

7 Likes

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by Ralphdan(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
U ain't seen SH.T
Linus !

3 Likes

Re: Social Media Is Frustrating My Job- Lai Mohammed by refreshrate: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
You don't say!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Gives 3 Days Ultimatum To Southerners Living In The North / You Can’t Blackmail, Intimidate Us — PDP Tells Buhari / Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.