Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend (3776 Views)

Lpc Sex Trend / Stealthing (condom Removal): A Form Of Rape, Says Dr Tlaleng / The Most Dangerous Sex Styles Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Denko2721987(m): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
[img]https://thenypost.files./2017/04/170424-sex-trends-condoms-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1[/img]

The latest bedroom trend doesn’t have to do with a certain position or technique — and it’s not sexy at all.

The disturbing, nonconsensual trend is called “stealthing” and its rise is documented in a report by the Columbia Journal of Gender and Law.

Lead author Alexandra Brodsky argues that “stealthing,” when a man secretly removes his condom in the middle of sex, is a form of sexual assault and should be treated as such.

Even more troubling is the online community Brodsky uncovered, where men encourage other men to “stealth” their partners. These perpetrators — both gay and straight — believe it’s a man’s right to “spread one’s seed.”

“One of my goals with the article, and in proposing a new statute, is to provide a vocabulary and create ways for people to talk about what is a really common experience that just is too often dismissed as just ‘bad sex’ instead of ‘violence,'” Brodsky told the Huffington Post.

The study opens with Rebecca, a doctoral student who works at a rape crisis hotline. Rebecca noticed she was receiving more and more calls about women being “stealthed.” (Rebecca said she had also experienced the same thing with an ex-boyfriend.)

“Their stories often start the same way,” Rebecca said. “’I’m not sure if this is rape, but…’” They all felt violated but “didn’t have the vocabulary” to figure out what was happening.

Not only does “stealthing” leave a victim vulnerable to pregnancy or STIs, it causes the same type of emotional, physical and financial harm that stems from other, more clearly defined, violent sex acts. One of the victims Brodsky interviewed for the report called the act “rape-adjacent.” Another victim described what happened with her partner as a “blatant violation of what we’d agree to.”

Brodsky concludes that since existing laws don’t necessarily cover “stealthing,” a new statute is the best bet for addressing something that too many people experience, but don’t know how to talk about.

“At its best, such a law would clearly respond to and affirm the harm victims report by making clear that ‘stealthing’ doesn’t just ‘feel violent’ — it is,” Brodsky writes in the report.

In January, a Swiss court convicted a man of rape after he took off his condom without telling his partner. The court concluded that the woman would have said no to sex if she knew the condom would be removed.

So Ladies there you have it, be careful, define your relationships, put value & dignity in yourselves and your bodies so men see and give you same and be in control of yourself..

http://nypost.com/2017/04/24/stealthing-is-the-newest-dangerous-sex-trend/

1 Like

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by WhistleB(m): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
Only insecure fools will do such to a lady. You should first think about your health even if you dont want to respect the lady. How clean is she? Some guys no deserve get penis at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Bahddo(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Those guys aren't well. I'm usually the one who insists on using a condom, despite the lady's complaints about the feel of rubber.

2 Likes

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Any man who does that should automatically receive a jail sentence.

3 Likes

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Cleopatra4(f): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
WhistleB:
Only insecure fools will do such to a lady. You should first think about your health even if you dont want to respect the lady. How clean is she? Some guys no deserve get penis at all.
Honestly I agree with you. With all the sickness in this world most guys will risk it for just 5minutes pleasure.

2 Likes

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by WhistleB(m): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Honestly I agree with you. With all the sickness in this world most guys will risk it for just 5minutes pleasure.
Thats if they even reach 5minutes. The way I respect, protect, and cherish my small friend down there, if half the men in this country copy me we would live so happily with less diseases.

3 Likes

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by SafeDavid(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
Why would any sane person do that?
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 28, 2017
Lots of guys do that sh1t when hitting from the back... I never mad reach to go Rawlings on these h0es except my 01
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 28, 2017
Mynd44 day don break oh

Lalasticlala a new day has come oh
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2017
This one pass my power
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Nbote(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2017
So what's now d use of wearing it in d first place if u're going to remove it midsex? Some ppl sef
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by dingbang(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Stealthing is not rape!

1 Like

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Homers123(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
The act is wrong but terming it Rape is something else.
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by lilmaydee(m): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Don't blame those men. Who enjoys licking tomtom with the nylon?
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Onyenna(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2017
The height of stupidity!!
What insolence!!!
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by PenisCaP: 12:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
Homers123:
The act is wrong but terming it Rape is something else.

It might be worst than rape afteral.
Becoz the person trusted u only for her to realis after sex that u pulled the..CD wen both of u agreed not to.

She would be down emotionally due to the fear that somethin might hav been transferred.
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by Homers123(m): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
PenisCaP:

It might be worst than rape afteral.
Becoz the person trusted u only for her to realis after sex that u pulled the..CD wen both of u agreed not to.

She would be down emotionally due to the fear that somethin might hav been transferred.
You really have a point but the raper stigma sha.
Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by vicben27(m): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
soo pple stil use condoms?

1 Like

Re: ‘stealthing’ Is The Newest Dangerous Sex Trend by chiraqDemon(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
They want to stealth bah?
Thats how somebody will stealthily go and carry STDs
Kwantinu ok

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows What The Acronym MILF Stands For? / Honest Question To All Ladies And Gents In Relationships / EXPOSED! How Joshua Iginla's Wife, Yemisi Married Secret Lover In USA (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.