Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. (6799 Views)

Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals / No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / PDP Negotiates With Defecting Governors, Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:18am On Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Govs, Senators Barred From U.S.

By Chinedu Offor , Correspondent Washington DC

Former Governors and their relatives as well as some Nigerian officials have been barred from the United States, in a new directive rolled out by Washington.
Their visas have also been revoked, said the State Department, as the administration tightens entry requirements into the country.
A former Northern Governor, Senators, and businessmen are among thousands of names added to a list of “suspected terrorists and terror group sympathisers” barred from flights bound for the U.S.
The addition of names to the terrorist watch list and the no-fly list came after U.S. officials scrutinised a larger database of suspected terrorists, the White House said.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=6403
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

Ex-Govs, Senators Barred From U.S.

By Chinedu Offor , Correspondent Washington DC

Former Governors and their relatives as well as some Nigerian officials have been barred from the United States, in a new directive rolled out by Washington.
Their visas have also been revoked, said the State Department, as the administration tightens entry requirements into the country.
A former Northern Governor, Senators, and businessmen are among thousands of names added to a list of “suspected terrorists and terror group sympathisers” barred from flights bound for the U.S.
The addition of names to the terrorist watch list and the no-fly list came after U.S. officials scrutinised a larger database of suspected terrorists, the White House said.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=6403

Now if this is trully true, i feel the USA is taking this too far. Dont av any sympathy to those affected though
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by sammyzacks(m): 8:15am On Jan 06, 2010
This is getting interesting. If I was the US, I would probably do the same thing.

Think of it, If a member of a family came to your house and tried to poison you, won't common sense teach you to watch out for other members of that same family?

When we condemn the US, let's tell ourselves the truth. The past religious riots in this country, how did the gov handle it. Hundreds of people were killed and investigations have died down.

But see America, just an attempt and they are sweeping everywhere, everybody related. That is called value for the life of citizens. It's called allegiance to ones country.

My advice to Nigerians is to look inward and see how we can stop religious intolerance. Our security agents don't know how to prevent riots, they only get there after the damage has been done.The US is sensitive and wise enough to look years ahead in safeguarding the safety of its citizens.

I have no grudge against he US. As a father I am willing to ttake any step possible to protect my family.

God bless the United States of America and help Nigeria to learn a few lessons from the US on how to place value on the lives of our citizens.

Cheers my people!
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by wirinet(m): 9:22am On Jan 06, 2010
I support the US in this. I think they should go a step further and bar all senators and members of the FEC. This would help Nigeria by reducing the amount of money stolen and taken to the US. Also these people would have more stake in Nigeria because as things stand today, all government officials have little or no stake in the country called Nigeria. They all hold dual citizenship or at most have a permanent US visa, in case there is trouble so they can run in an instant. They have most of their families in the US. Their children school in the US, so it Lecturers and teachers should strike till "thy kingdom come", they can continue partying. Their wives go to US hospital to give birth because of the scary infant and maternal mortality rates we have, they even go abroad to treat malaria.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by olalekan1(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2010
Thank God they did not say student coz I will be going to US soon.lol
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Knight1(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2010
Seriously?
Ope ooooooo!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Afam(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2010
If this is true then it is a welcome development and will help Nigeria in the area of stashing looted funds outside.

They should extend this to include the following

All governors whether current or past

All ministers whether current or past

All law makers whether current or past

All members of the executive council whether current or past

Areas covered should include medical treatment or check up, education and vacation.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by otokx(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2010
They should ban current governors and senators plus other politicians.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by OAM4J: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2010
Nonsense.

1st they labelled Nigeria a terrorist country, now they are barring thousands of Nigeria from comming to US. Why dont they just close their embassy? Or stop all Nigerians from coming to US?

This is going too far. Afterall d father reported Farouk b4 d incident.

Times like these, I miss a leader like Idiagbon who knows how to call off this kind of bluff.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by kshow1(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2010
And the story continues,  chapter one
More actions may come soon
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
It shall permanenet In Jesus name. No wonder they have been holding press confereneces, shey this one affaect them and their girlfriends
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by montelik(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
aisha2:

It shall permanenet In Jesus name. No wonder they have been holding press confereneces, shey this one affaect them and their girlfriends
LMAO. Amen my sister. no wonder dem dey threaten.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by lyfe(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
aisha2:

Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off ROFLMAO
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by sjeezy8: 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2010
Why are you people not using your brains?

If they can Bar senators and Govenors what do you think they can do to common Nigerians that are law abiding and only want to make it to the US for greener pastures?
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by sherrify: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
I DONT BELIEVE THIS CRAB,IF ITS TRUE CNN,BBC OR ALJAZEERE WILL BROADCAST IT AND THE NEWS SAID IT WAS AFTER OBAMA'S MEETING YESTERDAY,I DID WATCH THE LIVE BROADCAST AND HE DID NOT MENTION NO SUCH THING,
ANOTHER POINT IS THAT WE ARE NOT UNDER VISA BANS OR SUCH WE ARE ONLY UNDER STRICT SEARCH WHEN NIGERIANS GET TO THE STATES.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2010
F u c k US,those senators can always patronise swiss bank and cayman island to keep their loots.so who lose?
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by WilyWily7: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
Thank U.S government for barring those Senator and Ex-gov, they are all Terrost, all Moslems from Northern Nigeria are Terrorist.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Hesperus(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
I think this is going too far. I am not in any way supporting the Naija senators or anything, but if this can be done to them, imagine what is in store for the common man.

To me, what America is doing is nothing short of profiling/bullying. When the shoe bomber issue arose, I don't recall Britain being put on a terrorist nation list, neither were any Britons barred. Now it is a developing nation, and they are flexing muscles.

The sauce for the goose is supposed to be that of the gander.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by manuch(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2010
the ex gov is yerima
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by asha80(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

F u c k US,those senators can always patronise swiss bank and cayman island to keep their loots.so who lose?

Are you supporting the looting of the nigeria's wealth?
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by SEFAGO(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
I dont think people here get it. The story might be wrong or a joke, but it is likely this might happen. Some of our ex-governors and senators especially from the North might have some shady affairs that we really dont know of. The US knows wetin your politicians dey do for the dark, but it did not concern them when it did not affect their people. But when an issue that aaccordingly.on such
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by BrutusOne: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
Draconian and pointless over reaction - in my opinion.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by JNdupu: 12:32am On Jan 07, 2010
USA is so last century for our you-chop-I-chop leaders. Even Europe is too much headache.

Cayman Island is the bank and then hop to Dubai for shopping, rest & relaxation with plenty, plenty Russian platinum blonde mamis around to help rub belle.

Shey you know that tallest building in the world just opened last week? There is a Nigerian big-man busy commissioning the 800 meter high club now now as you and me dey here dey knack keyboard for NL.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by 9ja4eva: 1:25am On Jan 07, 2010
Afam:

If this is true then it is a welcome development and will help Nigeria in the area of stashing looted funds outside.

They should extend this to include the following

All governors whether current or past

All ministers whether current or past

All law makers whether current or past

All members of the executive council whether current or past

Areas covered should include medical treatment or check up, education and vacation.

True talk bro.They all need to be banned

True talk bro.Make them ban all of all them.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by puskin: 1:42am On Jan 07, 2010
They should even ban Yar'adua, former and future presidents of Nigeria.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by yeswecan(m): 1:47am On Jan 07, 2010
This is a wake up call for us . . . Nigerians should be banned maybe then we learn how to fight to make our country a better place to live. You don't match OR riot for liberty you FIGHT. This is the case of every great country i know . . . . French, Britain, USA etc
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by beejaei: 2:31am On Jan 07, 2010
@Hesperus
I think this is going too far. I am not in any way supporting the Naija senators or anything, but if this can be done to them, imagine what is in store for the common man.

To me, what America is doing is nothing short of profiling/bullying. When the shoe bomber issue arose, I don't recall Britain being put on a terrorist nation list, neither were any Britons barred. Now it is a developing nation, and they are flexing muscles.

The sauce for the goose is supposed to be that of the gander.

It is not because Nigeria is a developing nation. Rather it is because NIgeria, unlike Britain, has not show clear and significant signs of battling with the problem of terrorism. With Britain, it could be excused as a lapse, but with Nigeria, it is seen as the beginning of worse things to come.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by sammyzacks(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2010
beejaei:

It is not because Nigeria is a developing nation. Rather it is because NIgeria, unlike Britain, has not show clear and significant signs of battling with the problem of terrorism. With Britain, it could be excused as a lapse, but with Nigeria, it is seen as the beginning of worse things to come.

That is the real fact here.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by ow11(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2010
The phat politicians are upset their annual holiday trips would have to be cancelled. They think they can solve this issue by granting amnesty and making threats like they did in the ND. Instead of facing up to their duty and rid the nation of poverty and illiteracy, they are issuing ultimatums. . . shior!
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by ChapelleS: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2010
Blessing in disguise,they should invest all those stolen money here.They should ban all politicians from traveling abroad.all their useless diplomacy has not benefited us since 1960.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by klarry79: 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
Best news so far.
i trust the foolish and shameless politicians will want to fight back but we all know their holidays and foreign medical trips is about to end.
soon their stolen cash stored in foreign banks will be frozen then they will begin to wake up
mad people angry
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by sesco2006(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2010
That sounds interesting. I also hope that their looted funds will also be barred from entering U.S.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu host fund raising dinner for Abuja 2020 Para Powerlifting World Cup / Atiku Sends Condolences To The Families Of Victims Of Ogwo-Ogwu Fire / Buhari Transmits ₦‎819.5 Billion Supplementary Budget To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.