Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. (6800 Views)

Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals / No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / PDP Negotiates With Defecting Governors, Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by TPS360: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2010
Finally, something to keep their asx#$ at home, no more trips to "ilu oyinbo"
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by nethacker(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2010
those bastards dare not step here if not,well i sorry for them, education is nothing,health bullshit,corruption sector is d only functionin sector in dat country,  i get distinction for yabatech in engineering no sch gree admit me cos i no knw person.i reach here ontime them give me exemption n i go spend jst 2 yrs  shocked . those animals-in-starched-guineabrocade shld jst sit back n pack them poo.bleeping berstards angry angry
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by mayblossom(f): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2010
If this is true then it is a welcome development and will help Nigeria in the area of stashing looted funds outside.

They should extend this to include the following

All governors whether current or past

All ministers whether current or past

All law makers whether current or past

All members of the executive council whether current or past

Areas covered should include medical treatment or check up, education and vacation.

infact, every political office holder, past,present & aspiring
maybe they'll wake up & develop nigeria to standard so they won't have to travel for every little thing
i can bet u some of them even run to the u.s to get a haircut as if we dont have barbershops here grin grin grin
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by axeman85(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2010
good move by usa to those tief tief politicians and their girlfriends.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by PastorOla1: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
Let them stay here. God has stop them
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by youngmonie: 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
Come to think of it, America is taking this thing to farr, nd flexing its muscless, fine i agre with the barring of al this politicians , but to enlist them as terrrorist first of all is bullshit, nd i heard n the bbc news this afternoonn the the foolish mutqallab dat wanted to blow himself aup was recruited by alqeda in LONDON as they have a strong presnece in london, so y nt enlist the UK in list of terrorist nationss undecided
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by lastpage: 5:14am On Jan 08, 2010
Finally something is beginning to happen!

This ban should be extended to all European countries, China and Scandinavia.
But they should not stop with just banning them, they should freeze all their ill-gotten assets too.

Once they dont have anywhere to run to, they will be forced to look inwards and repair our hospitals (as against flying to Saudi, Germany and U.S for medical check-up!).

They should also ban the exportation of any Generator with a rating higher than 3KVA, they will be forced to make sure PHCN works too grin

By the way, so if not that they were endangered, they will be doing siddon-look?
Now we know the trick!! shocked

BTW: Where is this disappearing president?
I think he is kaput, l swear.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by BILLIONs1: 5:34am On Jan 08, 2010
Without sympathy or appology to the affected politicians, It could be argued that it will limit repatriating of stolen funds, but there are several other nations money could be kept. However, I think we should look beyond stolen money and at the underlying message. The best way to fight corruption is not by barring oversea access (that equally cripples trade and bilateral relations). We still need to battle corruption internally, No other nation will do it for us.

On the other hand looking at it from an international viewpoint, I feel it is a step too far and also a slap to nigeria, this guys are simply sending the message that we are no longer relevant. I bet its high time we also do away with the US and all their companies from Exxon to Haliburton and shop elsewhere, or better still learn to run things on our own.

I really don't see this as solving anything (or making US any safer) this just strains relations between the two countries and gives opportunity for other nations to key into Nigeria relations(oil of course), if nations like China/Russia and "taking it further' Middle east should take interest, then I feel US would be doing themselves a disfavour by letting go of territory they should have enjoyed substancial influence over. This ultimately increases their security treats with money flowing into the wrong hands(nations).

On the whole No Nation is paradise or GOD, the US is not indispensible and no one can tell the Global Power shifts that may occur in decades to come (or centuries to come). No king rules forever
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by BILLIONs1: 5:59am On Jan 08, 2010
"On Wed Jan, 06 2010 09:08 by Sani Malami
Those who are rushing to hail the USA for descending on Nigerians should know that Not too long ago, the British covered up the ugly trial of their Shoe bomber, Robert Reid. He had attempted to blow up a transatlantic flight some years back. Timothy McVeigh, the man who blew up a Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995 was an American. They quickly sentenced him and covered the story. What of the IRA Ireland terrorists that routinely blew up buses and even churches in Britain? "

I think the UK and the US(itself) should be included on its own terror list
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by whatawhat: 5:59am On Jan 08, 2010
Good, let him deal with them not common nig person-l'm happy
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by whatawhat: 6:05am On Jan 08, 2010
yes l agree they shud ban their kids from attending school in the US and their wives in-GOD IS GOOD PLEASE TESTIFY WITH ME THIS WICKED NIG GOVT MUST REAP WHAT THEY SOW, THEY MADE THEIR HELL BEDS, THEY SHUD LIE IN IT
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by aigbeedo(m): 6:13am On Jan 08, 2010
this is rubish i have a lot of families in the u.s and i will do anything to protect dem i angry Bleep abdurazack and families seriosly guys this is big trouble for us all
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by kosovo(m): 6:23am On Jan 08, 2010
?
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by airzzee(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2010
O Wise an upright Judge! A Daniel has come to judgement.

There is then hope for 9ja after all.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by blackasia: 7:23am On Jan 08, 2010
yes common man pain don reach them, grin
travel ko ,travel ni
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by otukpo(f): 10:41am On Jan 08, 2010
USA, the ban shld include present political office holders and their ward.
The ban shld also be extended to UK.

Let all of them remain in Nigeria and enjoy the country as the common masses are doing.

On the other hand, i guess US has been unhappy with our political leadership and has been looking for a way to descend on it.

The northern Nigeria shld stay on their own as a seperate country, they don't have anything in common with the south. They can be called AREWA republic and practice their sharia and terrorism in their country.

America, pls help us to split this country into 2, north and south.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by elaojukan: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2010
ABOUT FLIPPING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now its time for UK to follow suite.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by otawa: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2010
Well USA will lose and Nigeria will benefit.

These thieves in government will simply withdraw their money and family from USA.

How many US people dey buy house for $1million?

No be wooden house them dey stay?

A beg let them cancel VISA and let our thieves keep money at home.

It would benefit us all, may be same money can be used to provide employment in naija.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by asha80(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2010
otawa:

Well USA will lose and Nigeria will benefit.

These thieves in government will simply withdraw their money and family from USA.

How many US people dey buy house for $1million?

No be wooden house them dey stay?

A beg let them cancel VISA and let our thieves keep money at home.

It would benefit us all, may be same money can be used to provide employment in naija.

Stop talking with emotionsandue your brain.Do you think these reps care about you and i?Have you wondered why they have chickened out of the ultimatum giving to the USA?Withdraw their children from US schools?You are a dreamer.

Use the money they would have sent to US to develop nigeria?Pls come out of lalaland that you are presently existing.The reps will simply look for another country to stash their loot.Use your brain.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by mendax: 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2010
See the number of ppl posting responses to an UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR!!
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by sheriffman(m): 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2010
I love this move I think they should take it as far as threatening to bar anyone who takes a federal,state ,or even local govt. appointment or even elected as long as they continue to show insincerity to the situation i n the country.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by gists: 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2010
BILLION$:

Without sympathy or appology to the affected politicians, It could be argued that it will limit repatriating of stolen funds, but there are several other nations money could be kept. However, I think we should look beyond stolen money and at the underlying message. The best way to fight corruption is not by barring oversea access (that equally cripples trade and bilateral relations). We still need to battle corruption internally, No other nation will do it for us.

On the other hand looking at it from an international viewpoint, I feel it is a step too far and also a slap to nigeria, this guys are simply sending the message that we are no longer relevant. I bet its high time we also do away with the US and all their companies from Exxon to Haliburton and shop elsewhere, or better still learn to run things on our own.

I really don't see this as solving anything (or making US any safer) this just strains relations between the two countries and gives opportunity for other nations to key into Nigeria relations(oil of course), if nations like China/Russia and "taking it further' Middle east should take interest, then I feel US would be doing themselves a disfavour by letting go of territory they should have enjoyed substancial influence over. This ultimately increases their security treats with money flowing into the wrong hands(nations).

On the whole No Nation is paradise or GOD, the US is not indispensible and no one can tell the Global Power shifts that may occur in decades to come (or centuries to come). No king rules forever

You've said it all. I strongly hold the opinion that terrorism should be stamped out by any means necessary, but this action by the US gov in my opinion will not in anyway slowdown terror acts going by the fact that Nigeria is definately not a terror state/sponsor (Another misplaced focus on the war on terrorism). Like you said, I have also proposed sacking of Mobil, Chevron and other US oil companies in Nigeria. Not that these coys won't get other oil Fields in Africa, but it will show we have some measure of self respect and probably make us look inwards should the revenue from oil plummets - Maybe we will see need to revive our refineries if we can't sell off all our crude.

THERE ARE COUNTRIES THAT HAVE DAMNED US AND HAVE PROBABLY BEEN BETTER OFF -VENEZUELA IS AN EXAMPLE!!
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by AMIRACH: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2010
this incident was destined to happen by God to help Nigerians look inward
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Mutee: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
So? tongue tongue tongue
The hell i care
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2010
Wetin concern me. angry
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Tes2(m): 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2010
I Think USA is tryin to pass a message to nigerians that she is nt nigerians bt she is rather blacklistin the Nigerian Govts cos of their corruption.
Think about it
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Tes2(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2010
I mean not blacklisting nigerians bt nigerian govt
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by redsun(m): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2010
So oo?All our leaders and ex leaders are fugitives anyway,no sane country will honor them except in jail.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by ayinba1(f): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
@topic

Not true. Give us a reliable link.
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by wirelessfalcon(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2010
Bar them all let them stay here and build Nigeria, its because they can hide away and stash ill gotten wealth that they care less about the Nigerian nation, excellent development, more should be canvassed, let Nigerians be and do things in Nigeria, UK USA world greatest corruptions if not where is all the wealth hidden? Pleeeeeaaaase the UK trains and helps to mould terrorist let them list themselves in their databases, nonsense!
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by Builder: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2010
How funny you folks keep saying they will invest their stolen money in nigeria. havent u heard of OBJ buy land in Ethiopia to build a Player club and a brothel sorry i meant hotel.

Nigeria politicians love investing and building other countries but their own. America banning nigerian ex-politicians is pointless and stupid in ma opinnion, anyways britain and their two-face policy will always welcome them with warm and open arms
Re: Ex-governors, Senators Barred From U.S. by marlkomx3: 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2010
the issue of US relations with other nations and its' nationals is a double edge sword, from one angle if it favours US economic interest = then eureka but on the other side if its' relation with you is detrimental= then to hell with you. infact the west with their capitalist money economy tend to have derailled from the basic truth of international relations. for me international relations is not your relations with a few individual from a nation, it is the generality of the interest of the nation under survey. why has the west allowed our leader to invest their ill gotten wealth into their economy? if not for the parochail aim of a big economy not minding where the money is from. this brings my attention to a proverb that wealth does not smell even if its acquired from the most dirtiest means. pls nigerians, be aware that above 70 percent of nigerian welthy men are dangerous,corrupt and or criminals. only afew acquire wealth with the fear of god. thank you
the us can go ahead and block their embassy in nigeria it does bother the common nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu And Buhari Are Political Liabilities - Okupe / Northern Elders Set For War Against The South West Over Saraki / Another 34 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram, 105 Killed Last Week Were Secretly Bur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.