Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? (3209 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / What Wil You Do To Her / Ladies What Wil You Do If A Chick Ask To F*ck Your Man For #700k? (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by trilobite: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Beamborla:
If you are a guy and can't cook, you have no right whatsoever to condemn ladies who lack culinary skills; even if you can, you don't have the right. Infact, no one reserves the to castigate anyone for lacking culinary skills.

Food is essential to our existence be you male or female as a result, everyone should learn how to cook and should be ready to take full responsibility for making sure his or her tummy is well fed. For those who lack, there are lots of options out there to choose from.

If you can't cook and you are lucky to find someone who can and is ready to slave away in the kitchen, enjoy it. Being a guy does not mean you are ENTITLED to a lady with culinary skills.

No one was born with culinary skills, we all learn and the fact that I'm a lady does not mean i must learn or i must perfect the art. Cooking is just like every other art we learn. Some learn and excel while some don't while some are not even interested.

Any mouth that wants good food should be able to prepare it. Cooking is not gender restricted...just like eating is not.

lol.

"slave away in the kitchen" caught my eye.

This mentality is the reason why our country's divorce rate is going up. Being married means being selfless, putting others first.

You cooking for your man doesn't turn you to his slave or maid, its just you caring for him.

what I disagree with is men not reciprocating this important act of love shown by their wives.

You have no idea what it means to any man that no matter what you face in the day, come night time, madam has prepared something to take your pain away.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Beamborla(f): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Raine80:

Well said .

Thanks!
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Beamborla(f): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
trilobite:

lol.

This mentality is the reason why our country's divorce rate is going up. Being married means being selfless, putting others first.

You cooking for your man doesn't turn you to his slave or maid, its just you caring for him.

what I disagree with is men not reciprocating this important act of love shown by their wives.

You have no idea what it means to any man that no matter what you face in the day, come night time, madam has prepared something to take your pain away.

Slave --> to work hard... It's in the dictionary. With this, I want to believe I'm left with the last paragraph.

You are right and It does not apply to men alone. Who wouldn't feel good to know that there is a warm decent meal waiting for them at home. Now take note, 'who wouldn't'...this is why I'm of the opinion that everyone should learn how to make a decent meal.

In addition, I'm not against women cooking for their husbands. In my own opinion, if you can prepare a decent meal, why not spoil your family with it. But, I'm against prescribing gender to cooking and I'm against using culinary skills to measure the worth of a lady.

I stand on it, any mouth that wants good food should be able to prepare it. If you can or can't you have no right to castigate those who can't. If you must shame a lady for lacking culinary skills, pls, be fair enough to shame guys who lack it as well.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Ichietome: 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Raine80:

No.Not everyone was raised in a household where roles had to be gender specific. My parents shared that role. And before you start to spew feminist marlarky it was their attitude to gender specific roles that has made us the children very adaptable it's called forward thinking.
Nevertheless you should learn. I mean ASAP.
Thank me later
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ichietome:

Nevertheless you should learn. I mean ASAP.
Thank me later
Did you comprehend what I wrote? No need to thank you. Read it again. Somewhere in there you will see that it clearly states upbringing was not confined to gender specific roles we were raised to know how to do everything not just cook and clean. Hope that lifts the mist a little bit.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Swazy40(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
trilobite:

lol.

good one
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Swazy40(m): 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Beamborla:

Slave --> to work hard... It's in the dictionary. With this, I want to believe I'm left with the last paragraph.

You are right and It does not apply to men alone. Who wouldn't feel good to know that there is a warm decent meal waiting for them at home. Now take note, 'who wouldn't'...this is why I'm of the opinion that everyone should learn how to make a decent meal.

In addition, I'm not against women cooking for their husbands. In my own opinion, if you can prepare a decent meal, why not spoil your family with it. But, I'm against prescribing gender to cooking and I'm against using culinary skills to measure the worth of a lady.

I stand on it, any mouth that wants good food should be able to prepare it. If you can or can't you have no right to castigate those who can't. If you must shame a lady for lacking culinary skills, pls, be fair enough to shame guys who lack it as well.
well said some people are just lazy

1 Like

Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Swazy40(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Raine80:

Did you comprehend what I wrote? No need to thank you. Read it again. Somewhere in there you will see that it clearly states upbringing was not confined to gender specific roles we were raised to know how to do everything not just cook and clean. Hope that lifts the mist a little bit.
exactly I had sisters it didn't stop mum from taking me to the kitchen to learn also.. Today am enjoying it.. No lady can form for me cos of food can cook anytin I fell like
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
Swazy40:
exactly I had sisters it didn't stop mum from taking me to the kitchen to learn also.. Today am enjoying it.. No lady can form for me cos of food can cook anytin I fell like
Good for you.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Swazy40:
lucky guy
yes we are both lucky to have one another.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by kaboninc(m): 2:35am On Apr 29, 2017
Beamborla:
If you are a guy and can't cook, you have no right whatsoever to condemn ladies who lack culinary skills; even if you can, you don't have the right. Infact, no one reserves the to castigate anyone for lacking culinary skills.

Food is essential to our existence be you male or female as a result, everyone should learn how to cook and should be ready to take full responsibility for making sure his or her tummy is well fed. For those who lack, there are lots of options out there to choose from.

If you can't cook and you are lucky to find someone who can and is ready to slave away in the kitchen, enjoy it. Being a guy does not mean you are ENTITLED to a lady with culinary skills.

No one was born with culinary skills, we all learn and the fact that I'm a lady does not mean i must learn or i must perfect the art. Cooking is just like every other art we learn. Some learn and excel while some don't while some are not even interested.

Any mouth that wants good food should be able to prepare it. Cooking is not gender restricted...just like eating is not.

I sha see you oh
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by harffie(m): 5:12am On Apr 29, 2017
Lashort:
Take aways can be bought. It's not a must that a woman should know how to cook. If She doesn't know, she doesn't, if she does, she does

Go-ahead & Marry her
Marry her ko....it was before I used to say that I would teach and all that....but I recently met a lady that can't even boil an egg properly or cook indomie very well, she burns food eveytime she cooks...tbh, she's a disaster in the kitchen. I fear..

Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Beamborla(f): 8:01am On Apr 29, 2017
kaboninc:

I sha see you oh
That baba deceived me... He told me I've become invincible cry cry cry
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by kaboninc(m): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2017
Beamborla:

That baba deceived me... He told me I've become invincible cry cry cry

Hehehe... Are you invincible now??
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Beamborla(f): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2017
kaboninc:

Hehehe... Are you invincible now??

You can still see me?
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by kaboninc(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2017
Beamborla:

You can still see me?

I've always seen you.. .

But do you know I see you?
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Beamborla(f): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2017
kaboninc:

I've always seen you.. .

But do you know I see you?
How?
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by kaboninc(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2017
Beamborla:

How?

tongue
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Beamborla(f): 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Lsofdk(m): 1:28am On Apr 30, 2017
LethargiQue:
No, I don't have a death wish..
Lol bro i tire.

ZarZar:
Expecting a woman to cook is old-fashion & a very traditional way of thinking. If you wanna take it there, let's go, can you hunt & build things from scratch? If not, stuff a sock in it! Most women have been sticking to their traditional gender roles, while most men can't even do simple handy work around the house like unclogging a blocked sink, etc. Things have gotten much easier for you, while most women are still stuck in the stone age, dealing with men with caveman mentality when they can't even beat two rocks together to start a fire.
I don't know what point you're trying to make. Don't take us back in time, i bet you can't you stand the heat and smoke from cooking with a firewoodundecided

I rather marry a lady who lacks culinary skills and is willing to learn than one who possesses it and has this mentality… The modern womanundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2017
Lsofdk:

Lol bro i tire.

I don't know what point you're trying to make. Don't take us back in time, i bet you can't you stand the heat and smoke from cooking with a firewoodundecided

I rather marry a lady who lacks culinary skills and is willing to learn than one who possesses it and has this mentality… The modern womanundecided

Hello? This is not about me, but women in general. Some women still cook using firewood, which again proves my point that not much has changed for "us". What sort of woman you choose is none of my business, I have zero interest in. Every single person out there has a choice to go after what works for them. No "modern woman" will mourn being unwanted by a caveman. Get that. We live in a modern world, do catch up!
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Lsofdk(m): 8:14am On Apr 30, 2017
ZarZar:

Hello? This is not about me, but women in general. Some women still cook using firewood, which again proves my point that not much has changed for "us". What sort of woman you choose is none of my business, I have zero interest in. Every single person out there has a choice to go after what works for them. No "modern woman" will mourn being unwanted by a caveman. Get that. We live in a modern world, do catch up!
hahaha grin I'll let that slide, i don't intend to make you mourn moan this morning.

Given your antecedence here I'm not a bit surprised. Don't deprive your children of good home made meals if you weren't deprived and quit thinking you're moving with time whereas you're lost in it.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Lsofdk:
hahaha grin I'll let that slide, i don't intend to make you mourn moan this morning.

Given your antecedence here I'm not a bit surprised. Don't deprive your children of good home made meals if you weren't deprived and quit thinking you're moving with time whereas you're lost in it.

Guy, this is not about me. I CAN cook because *I* need to eat.
Re: She Can't Cook.. Wil You Marry Her? by Swazy40(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2017
Lsofdk:

Lol bro i tire.

exactly zarzar u out of point wat are you saying.. Don't seem to get u... U wan go back to d 70s?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason Why Girls Have Spiritual Husband / Shame!!!! Land Lord Caught Doing This To His Female Tenant / I'm Taking My New Girlfriend Out To A Place I Call "Paradise"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.