Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock (4637 Views)

Boko Haram Burnt Down 40 Houses In Borno — Police... / Edo Government Takes Custody Of Two Abandoned Children (Photos) / Aminu Atiku Abubakar Freed By Court, Grants Wife Custody Of Children (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Blue3k(m): 3:12am On Apr 28, 2017
The Borno Police Command on Thursday said that it had taken custody of 536 livestock suspected to have been stolen by the Boko Haram insurgents.

The Commissioner of Police, Mr Damian Chukwu, disclosed this while briefing newsmen in Maiduguri.

Chukwu explained that the animals which comprised 370 cows and 157 goats and sheep were recovered by the military in its various operations in the state.

“The military has been doing a great job in the fight against Boko Haram and in the process many suspects have been arrested.

“On April 7, 379 cows, 157 goats and sheep were handed over to the command by the headquarters of the 8 Taskforce Division, Munguno.

‘‘The livestock were recovered in the course of operations by the taskforce.

“While some were abandoned by fleeing terrorists, others were intercepted from the elements during operations,” he said.

He said that the police had been making frantic efforts to trace the real owners.

‘‘Our duty is to return the livestock to the original owners, so we are appealing to individuals who lost their livestock to come forward to identity and claim them.

“We have displayed them at the Federal SARS office near the Maiduguri Airport road for people to see,” the commissioner said.

He urged individuals who lost their livestock to hasten up and claim them.

“People should go, identity and claim them on time because there is a limit to which we can keep them.

“They have already spent two weeks in our custody, we have been feeding and treating the sick among them; there is a limit to which we can continue to keep them,” Chukwu said.

He said that the livestock would be auctioned to the people after a certain period without anybody claiming them.

“We will be forced to seek court order to dispose them after a certain period.

“They will be disposed through a public auction if nobody shows up to claim them,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/boko-haram-borno-police-command-takes-custody-536-stolen-livestock/
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by HungerBAD: 3:13am On Apr 28, 2017
Make i go claim my own.

I am missing 100 Cows,40 goats and 50 Guinea Fowl. I have their birth certificates and vaccination papers as proof.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Blue3k(m): 3:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Do these people brand their cows? I just wonder how police are supposed to know. It's good the police will make some money off of this to any unclaimed cattle.

HungerBAD:
Make i go claim my own.

You can if your serious. Any unclaimed cattle will be auctioned after some unspecified amount of time.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Tazdroid(m): 4:08am On Apr 28, 2017
Oh boy eh! That Police Command don see free meat wey go last them till next year. A good time to join the command. grin

Borno, I dey road dey come oh!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Onyenna(m): 4:34am On Apr 28, 2017
Tazdroid:
Oh boy eh! That Police Command don see free meat wey go last them till next year. A good time to join the command. grin

Borno, I dey road dey come oh!

I dey tells you!
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Enyimbamercedes: 5:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Great job! Livestock found...now find the girls
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Vicolan: 6:41am On Apr 28, 2017
Boko haram don turn to Fulani herdsmen neeeee? Anyway they are birds of the same feathers
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by sotall(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2017
ok
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2017
What a country

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2017
Meat go cheap for that area now, like 10kg meat go be 1k
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Make i go claim my own.

I am missing 100 Cows,40 goats and 50 Guinea Fowl. I have their birth certificates and vaccination papers as proof.

hunger bad true true.
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2017
olymsyys:
Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles  2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/Whatsapp/SMS bellow

Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc..

✅*DAILY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
15GB @ 1000

✅*WEEKLY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
10GB @ 1000
15GB @ 1300

✅*[MONTHLY PLANS] 38days duration (Both day and night)*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
4GB @ 1000
5GB @ 1200
7.5GB @ 1,500
10GB @ 2,000
15GB @ 2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

✅*NIGHT PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
5GB @ 800
10GB @ 1000
15gb @ 1200

✅*Unlimited* @ 3000# 90days duration ( Available on all Netwrk)

Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc.. just Your Number Is needed... You should know that's this is  data shared, no code, and it's not a cheat..
#GodBless You As You Patronize Us...

✅*Refer A Friend and Get 500MB as Compensation.. 
100% Sure and Reliable...

✅*These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS.....
If you get scammed by this fool know that you are greedy and selfish
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2017
And did what with them?
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by olowobaba10: 11:14am On Apr 28, 2017
YES , THEM CARRY IGBO MAN GO PUT FOR BORNO AS CP SO THAT BOKO HARAM GO QUICK KILLAM , BUHARI DE TRY

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by davodyguy: 11:27am On Apr 28, 2017
lol
Re: Boko Haram: Borno Police Command Takes Custody Of 536 Stolen Livestock by EVarn(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2017
Blue3k:
Do these people brand their cows? I just wonder how police are supposed to know. It's good the police will make some money off of this to any unclaimed cattle.

You can if your serious. Any unclaimed cattle will be auctioned after some unspecified amount of time.
Some herders brand their cows either with marks or ink,the problem is,how will the police know who truly own the livestock?,anyone can simply walk up to the station and claim ownership of any amount of the cattle,perhaps,the police will first ask prospective owners to draw the brand(or name the ink) they used in marking their cows; but it still ain't foolproof.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shock! Check What North Korea Tweeted About Buhari (pics) / How Obj Killed Yar'adua / Indian Firm & Others Bid For Power Distribution Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.