Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat (2070 Views)

Coronavirus: Kwara Govt Orders Total Lockdown In Offa / Saraki Reacts As Court Orders The Forfeiture Of His Properties In Ikoyi / Buhari Visiting Nasarawa To Condole With Miyetti Allah Over Cattle – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by ERockson: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
The Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom
has ordered the arrest of Fulani herdsmen
chieftains under the umbrella of Miyetti
Allah
- The Fulani herdsmen had allegedly
threatened the government to resist the
newly passed Grazing law
- Governor Ortom also urged the Presidency
to call them to order before they plunge
Nigerian into chaos
The Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom has
ordered the security agencies to arrest Fulani
herdsmen chieftains for allegedly making
inciting statements capable of breaching
public peace and order.
NAIJ.com reports that this was made known
in a statement signed by the state
Commissioner of Information and
Orientation, Lawrence Onoja jnr, said while
reacting to a media publication by the
Miyetti Allah, Kautal, a Fulani socio-cultural
association to reject the Open Grazing
Prohibition and Establishment of Ranches
Law signed by Governor Ortom.
READ ALSO: How Akpabio looted Akwa Ibom
state treasury as governor - Effiong
Mr. Onoja said that the National Secretary of
the Association Engr. Saleh Alhassan, sought
to justify the reprehensible, irresponsible and
criminal destruction of lives and properties
in Benue state on the grounds that the Fulani
herdsmen are the original inhabitants of the
Benue Valley.
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state
He said: “The Government calls on the
Security Agencies to arrest these leaders of the
Association for prosecution for openly making
inciting statements capable of breaching public
peace and order. Benue state and its people are
under threat. We request the Federal
Government to call Miyetti Allah and its
leaders to order before they plunge the country
into a conflagration which will be difficult to
contain.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously
reported that Governor Samuel Ortom on
Monday, May 22, assented the bill prohibiting
open rearing of animals and grazing into law
in the state.
“We call on all Nigerians to stand up and
condemn the threat of Miyetti Allah. Our
legitimate contribution to the resolution of
herdsmen and farmers crises should be
appreciated because the clashes between
farmers and herdsmen remain one of the most
protracted problems across our country. To be
sure, the threat by Miyetti Allah is not only for
Benue but for all states that have or will have
farmers and herdsmen crisis.
“The Miyetti Allah however, exposed their open
disregard for constituted authority by vowing
to mobilize herdsmen in the country to resist
the law. These comments in our estimation are
treasonable as they amount to threats to
disobey the law and is therefore a recipe for
anarchy and threats to the peaceful existence
of not just Benue state but Nigeria in general.
“Why would an association which considers
itself as partners in progress describe peaceful
attempts at conflict resolution as decimation?
From its own account, it appears as if the
Miyetti Allah Socio-cultural Group is always
hostile to peaceful efforts at resolving these
unfortunate clashes with farming communities
over grazing land.

“The Government of Benue state restates its
commitment to finding peaceful and legal
means of resolving all conflicts within its
domain and commends the Benue State House
of Assembly for courageously standing on the
side of law and order and for being true
Representatives of our people in the speedy
manner it passed the Bill into Law.”
https://www.naij.com/1107937-tension-benue-governor-ortom-orders-arrest-fulani-herdsmen-chieftains.html

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Way to go

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by ERockson: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
This is going to be the end of the road for the known killers and boko haram sponsors

4 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
grin ortom don think finish ba grin

2 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ortom, the talkative, the man with one ball, wait and see nothing will happen. Nonsense.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by intruxive(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mhmm, drama unfolds
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Gravas(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:
Ortom, the talkative, the man with one ball, wait and see nothing will happen. Nonsense.

Angom! Pls, let's be optimistic and also support and encourage the Gov for the efforts in this regard. It is not going to be easy but i can see light at the end of the tunnel. This is what i keep posting; that the Gov should choose between the people that elected him and the powers that be. Now, he is acting like a leader. To everything under the sun, there is an appointed end. Truth shall prevail.

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:
grin grin grin grin Your governor

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Gravas(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
grin ortom don think finish ba grin

My brother. Now he is talking and acting. This is what is expected from a leader. Not some kind of docility.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:

Angom! Pls, let's be optimistic and also support and encourage the Gov for the efforts in this regard. It is not going to be easy but i can see light at the end of the tunnel. This is what i keep posting; that the Gov should choose between the people that elected him and the powers that be. Now, he is acting like a leader. To everything under the sun, there is an appointed end. Truth shall prevail.
The governor that's begging Presidency to arrest miyetti allah when he is the chief security officer of the state.

Ortom is a useless governor.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
grin grin grin grin Your governor
yes my governor
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:

no problem, we're behind

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:
no problem, we're behind
For him to speak out he try

Try hail am
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by DocHMD: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:
yes my governor

Mr muslim benue man, I'm sure you now hate ortom for challenging your muslim fula masters. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Gravas(m): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:
no problem, we're behind
I have sent you a pm. I want us to discuss confidentially.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ortom....if u can do this for me in particular...I may consider withdrawing my gross with ya weak and childish government
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:
yes my governor
When Fayose was doing cowboy on those fulanis some people were attacking them but he bought peace for his people at the end of the day.

Do you know why they stopped in Enugu? They stopped because a lot of Igbos on social media close ranls and saw it as Fulani domination so they were vocal to the extent demonstrations were held in London against the Nimbo killings.

Do you know why they are now Kings in Benue? It's because the government and the governed saw it as it's Tiv or Idoma problem and also its PDP or APC problem. The youths who were supposed to be vociferous were busy serving buhari at the detriment to their own people.

Imagine an Omenka with his large popularity opens a thread to condemn Fulani herdsmen and their Killings in his state, the page will get to thirteen pages with peoples comment and the required traffic it will give to Benue people.

In conclusion remember that Politics is Local that no matter how you love buhari you cannot win headboy in Daura Secondary School so you need to start from your hamlet and to start there ypu need to save them from near tragedy

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by ephi321(f): 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
So it took him this long to act. After countless lives have been lost. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
When Fayose was doing cowboy on those fulanis some people were attacking them but he bought peace for his people at the end of the day.

Do you know why they stopped in Enugu? They stopped because a lot of Igbos on social media close ranls and saw it as Fulani domination so they were vocal to the extent demonstrations were held in London against the Nimbo killings.

Do you know why they are now Kings in Benue? It's because the government and the governed saw it as it's Tiv or Idoma problem and also its PDP or APC problem. The youths who were supposed to be vociferous were busy serving buhari at the detriment to their own people.

Imagine an Omenka with his large popularity opens a thread to condemn Fulani herdsmen and their Killings in his state, the page will get to thirteen pages with peoples comment and the required traffic it will give to Benue people.

In conclusion remember that Politics is Local that no matter how you love buhari you cannot win headboy in Daura Secondary School so you need to start from your hamlet and to start there ypu need to save them from near tragedy
You also should know that, I'm not a blind supporter, you may as well check my previous comments on this forum, but also know that the Fulani attacked in Benue, most especially in areas occupied by Tivs, are caused by them, their greed, our so-called chiefs will sale a land to them, and later farm on it, when the new owner brings his herds to grass on it, the chief will attacked and this will result to herdsmen attract. The only way out is to stop selling lands to them.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
Gravas:

I have sent you a pm. I want us to discuss confidentially.
OK will check
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

For him to speak out he try

Try hail am
na true sha, but no be dey talk only
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kyase:

You also should know that, I'm not a blind supporter, you may as well check my previous comments on this forum, but also know that the Fulani attacked in Benue, most especially in areas occupied by Tivs, are caused by them, their greed, our so-called chiefs will sale a land to them, and later farm on it, when the new owner brings his herds to grass on it, the chief will attacked and this will result to herdsmen attract. The only way out is to stop selling lands to them.
The Chiefs are wrong but does it warrant the Fulanis butchering farmers and their wives and Kids?

Nothing, I repeat Nothing should be a reason why any citizen should take another's life arbitrarily

3 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Kyase(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
The Chiefs are wrong but does it warrant the Fulanis butchering farmers and their wives and Kids?

Nothing, I repeat Nothing should be a reason why any citizen should take another's life arbitrarily
true but we shouldn't give them any reason to, not all humans are humane
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by malton: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Arrest for what na.

Just send them packing.

We don't want them occupying our lands whether incarcerated or as free beings.

They are too silly to live with.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Daviddson(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:

Will you be offended if I said this is the most sensible thoughtful comments you've ever made on Nnairaland? All those your violent anti-Buhari, -APC, afonja, ipob. etc outbursts never cease to portray you in bad light, believe me.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Daviddson:
Will you be offended if I said this is the most sensible thoughtful comments you've ever made on Nnairaland? All those your violent anti-Buhari, -APC outbursts never cease to portray you in bad light, believe me.
Taa gbafuo.

Who wants to be portrayed in good light. I don't do political correctness and i don't suffer APC nor Buhari mildly

4 Likes

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Daviddson(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Taa gbafuo.

Who wants to be portrayed in good light. I don't do political correctness and i don't suffer APC nor Buhari mildly
Everybody has who and what they stand for, but self control and respect for the feelings of others is a must. You can be anti-APC and do that responsibly. Nairaland is not really faceless as many people suppose.
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Daviddson:
Everybody has who and what they stand for, but self control and respect for the feelings of others is a must. You can be anti-APC and do that responsibly. Nairaland is not really faceless as many people suppose.
Are you really hurt with my anti buhari and anti APC post?

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Ngokafor(f): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
..Story for the press undecided...Fulanis has already declared Benue State part of their territory,and has matched words with action..anyway wetin concern me sef..*exits thread*

1 Like

Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Daviddson(m): 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Are you really hurt with my anti buhari and anti APC post?
Far from it. It's a personal preference like I already pointed out. Don't think wild; I don't even know you. lipsrsealed
Re: Benue State Govt Orders The Arrest Of Meyeti Allah Over Treat by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Daviddson:
Far from it. It's a personal preference like I already pointed out. Don't think wild; I don't even know you. lipsrsealed
When People go Saint on me i do one thing. I go through their old Posts to know if they are truly Mother Theresa or Saint Tinubu.

Don't ever quote nor mention me again you saint Tinubu that's blinded by the lies this government churns out. You couldn't call them out in any of your post rather you subtly preach against those calling them out.

I'm wearing the shoes and i know where it hurts me most so take your advice and stuff it where the Sun doesn't shine.

You are a Closeted ZoneB so you are more dangerous than Sarrki.

Begone from my mentions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra / What Is Operation Python Dance? / Why You Shouldn't Like This Picture So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.