Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" (39929 Views)

Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / Lady Blames Enemies Over Snake Attack In Her Shop (Photos) / How Many Of Your FB Friends Are Fake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2017
Juliearth:
I feel you bro. These were the signs my ex friends exuded and I did not think twice to distant myself from them. A friend that cannot be happy about my success and be there for me in my trying time is a foe. Fie! #saynotofoes
I'm glad you took that decision

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by ibkgab001: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2017
This is all applicable to OSOGBO boys both home and abroad

Useless People with fake brain
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Abusadeeq01: 7:30am On Apr 30, 2017
i is comin lemme finis lookin

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by vickydevoka(m): 8:05am On Apr 30, 2017
Stevebamdex:
How do you know a friend that is bad and selfish?
They always want to dominate you when having a simple conversations.
Because they do not want your opinion.
It's about them and what they are living for all the time..
A friend that always boast about their achievement when he/she don't believe in what you can do.{They want you to be doing follow follow}
They talk mostly about I,me,myself,mine.
Run away from such people.
They don't deserve to be in your life.
TO ME THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE SIGN THAT REALLY SHOW YOUR FRIENDS ARE ENEMY OF PROGRESS
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by SIRmanjar(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2017
tosyne2much:
[/i]

Written by: Tosyne2much

Source: http://www.tosyne2much.com/2017/04/10-signs-your-friends-are-enemies-of.html

Nice writeup I agree with sum of ur point but I disagree with number one..Helping a frend ad borrowing a frend money has broken strong frendship more than any other thing and am telling u this based on experience..

A frend meet me for a bizness loan I borrowed him the money,,he promised to pay up within six month..omo before I know waa gwan six month turn to 2 good solid years and to make matters worst he started dodging me ad my calls.And the bizness was making profit o.
To cut the story short when I changed it for him the money fell out by force,after that he accused me of impatience..We ended our 16 years frendship becos of money..Many People regret helping frends at times even relation.
And again hadid bin I was a weakling am sure the guy would have sent assassins against me or poison me when I mounted pressure on him to pay me back..So ur number 1 reason would have led to numbr 8.Frends have killed frends that borrowed them money they don't wanna pay back.

Why depend on ur frend?abi dint ur frend hussle from scratch na mostly lazy man dey sleep wake up depend on frend.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 8:48am On Apr 30, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Nice writeup I agree with sum of ur point but I disagree with number one..Helping a frend ad borrowing a frend money has broken strong frendship more than any other thing and am telling u this based on experience..

A frend meet me for a bizness loan I borrowed him the money,,he promised to pay up within six month..omo before I know waa gwan six month turn to 2 good solid years and to make matters worst he started dodging me ad my calls.And the bizness was making profit o.
To cut the story short when I changed it for him the money fell out by force,after that he accused me of impatience..We ended our 16 years frendship becos of money..Many People regret helping frends at times even relation.
And again hadid bin I was a weakling am sure the guy would have sent assassins against me or poison me when I mounted pressure on him to pay me back..So ur number 1 reason would have led to numbr 8.Frends have killed frends that borrowed them money they don't wanna pay back.

Why depend on ur frend?abi dint ur frend hussle from scratch na mostly lazy man dey sleep wake up depend on frend.
Some friends can be so desperate though. If we are talking about people borrowing money and refusing to pay, I think that should be a story of other day.

But on the issue of friends helping each other, I think that should be the basis of friendship. Any friend that can't help you when in need is not just worth it. It has nothing to do with you depending on your friend or something. So we can't base our conclusion to cease helping people because money actually dissociated you from your courteous friend. I also have a friend that has the same trait as your friend. Anytime he borrows money, it's always a thug war of contest getting your money back.

You can't survive alone without the help of at least someone. And I believe friends should be in the best position to give assisting hands to who they call their friend but recently, the people you call your friends are enemies in disguise of friends.

Happy Sunday bro
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by SIRmanjar(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2017
tosyne2much:
Some friends can be so desperate though. If we are talking about people borrowing money and refusing to pay, I think that should be a story of other day.

But on the issue of friends helping each other, I think that should be the basis of friendship. Any friend that can't help you when in need is not just worth it. It has nothing to do with depending on your friend or something. So we can't base our conclusion on not wanting to helping to help them because money dissociated you from your friends. I also have a friend that has the same trait as your friend. Anytime he borrows money, it's always a thug war of contest getting your money back.

You can't survive alone without the help of at least someone. And I believe friends should be in the best position to give their friends assisting hands but recently, the people you call your friends are enemies in disguise

Happy Sunday bro
Happy sunday..Its very hard to see a frend help a frend these days they rather buy you drink, flex ad lavish money in front of u so that you will spread the gospel of how rich he is in the street..but when it comes to setting that frend up they wont.I don't blame them shaa becos you don't know the pains ad risk they went tru to make money and how frends gossipd about them when they were broke..

The easiest way to get help from a frend is to ask for a loan which might cos wahala between them in future if he helps out..Some might pay and sum will not..The frend in need might be lucky to get the loan if not at least half of the loan.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tohact(m): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2017
Check ur self if u among dem
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by AngelicBeing: 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
Stevebamdex:
How do you know a friend that is bad and selfish?
They always want to dominate you when having a simple conversations.
Because they do not want your opinion.
It's about them and what they are living for all the time..
A friend that always boast about their achievement when he/she don't believe in what you can do.{They want you to be doing follow follow}
They talk mostly about I,me,myself,mine.
Run away from such people.
They don't deserve to be in your life.
tosyne2much:
My brother, may God bless you for this wonderful comment. They don't give up in argument even though they know they're wrong. People with these traits are very dangerous people. People who don't swallow their pride and accept they're wrong
cool
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by ephi123(f): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

We have a whole lot of them here!!

But the issue is that I don't give a fvck about them!!

Fvcking negative people.... Broke.. Depressed... Stupid and unintelligent!!

Infact.. The average Nigerian is an enemy of progress... Once you become more successful than them... they find ways to talk bad about you!!

Meanwhile...

I am counting my money so I can't hear them!! wink

grin grin
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by BiafranBushBoy: 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
ephi123:

grin grin
Ify... lol...
are u among the bad belle??
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by ephi123(f): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Ify... lol...

are u among the bad belle??

Not at all! cheesy
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by DJMCOTTY(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
This thread need salt or sugar, e no sweet
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by BiafranBushBoy: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
ephi123:

Not at all! cheesy
you dey Lagos??
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by ephi123(f): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

you dey Lagos??

I be virtual resident, can't say more than that, lol.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by AngelicBeing: 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
ephi123:

I be virtual resident, can't say more than that, lol.

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by ephi123(f): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=56073098][/quote]

Please pass the popcorn cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by godquality: 12:00am On May 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
A bad person can go to the length of acting like a secondary school just just to bring you down.. Ooooh! You think enemies of progress only act like university students?
ok fair enough.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 12:01am On May 01, 2017
AngelicBeing:
cool
You quoted me without saying anything nah cheesy
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 12:02am On May 01, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Happy sunday..Its very hard to see a frend help a frend these days they rather buy you drink, flex ad lavish money in front of u so that you will spread the gospel of how rich he is in the street..but when it comes to setting that frend up they wont.I don't blame them shaa becos you don't know the pains ad risk they went tru to make money and how frends gossipd about them when they were broke..

The easiest way to get help from a frend is to ask for a loan which might cos wahala between them in future if he helps out..Some might pay and sum will not..The frend in need might be lucky to get the loan if not at least half of the loan.
May God enrich you with wisdom my brother

Happy New Month bro
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by SIRmanjar(m): 12:58am On May 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
May God enrich you with wisdom my brother

Happy New Month bro
cheesy TANKS! and may God always send u reasons to reason with us.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by AngelicBeing: 1:46am On May 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
You quoted me without saying anything nah cheesy
l agreed with your post & that of the other guy l quoted. cool
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2017
AngelicBeing:
l agreed with your post & that of the other guy l quoted. cool
Oooooh thanks dear

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by aderosh(f): 8:44am On May 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
My sister you're not alone

Yes ooo
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by 400billionman: 9:15am On May 09, 2017
snezBaba:
Everyone seems to have such friends but erhm deep down ask yourself....

Aren't you also that type of friend ?

Very good question...

There are so many stupid people walking about thinking they are humans but animals actually behave better than them. I stopped having friends after secondary school.

Many human beings are full of shit, that is why I do not seek peoples opinion about my life. The little moments I took advices from friends, it landed me into serious financial losses.

@tosyne2much, I have experienced everything you wrote here but God pass them.

Another thing is I guard against jealousy. If I am jealous or envious, I shouldn't be accusing others of so doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by OShepherd: 6:39am On Sep 29, 2018
jeeqaa7:
this is absolute fallacy..
i will tell you ... to grow you need your friends
either actively or passively you need them
all you need do is expect nothing from them
they owe you nothing .. absolutely nothing
and the day you realise it... that day
you solve 90% of your problems .. your best friend is yourself..
believe me

THEY WILL COME ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucVmbXIy0k
This is it!
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by SimonStiles: 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
hey guys, check out this article on categories of friends with biblical explanation https://www.teachalearner.com/categories-of-friends/

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by lucky4west: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2019
awesome edifice for the Lord....let the redeemed of the Lord say so!
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by PreciousBeauty(f): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
jeeqaa7:
this is absolute fallacy..
i will tell you ... to grow you need your friends
either actively or passively you need them
all you need do is expect nothing from them
they owe you nothing .. absolutely nothing
and the day you realise it... that day
you solve 90% of your problems .. your best friend is yourself..
believe me

THEY WILL COME ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucVmbXIy0k

Beautiful video
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Mrcapability7: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2020
bro help me with the contacts
cc donstan18
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by donstan18: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Types Of Nigerians That Will Leave You Frustrated When You Meet Them / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging / How To Find Out Who’s Tracking You Through Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.