Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband (662 Views)

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. / A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by nurex01(m): 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
Renowned Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe, who recently revealed the challenges she had endured in her marriage to Lanre Gentry, has said that her coming out with the story of the domestic abuse was to enable them get help and that it is never ever intended to serve as an exit point from her marriage.

“It’s not like I want to walk away, but I just feel that we need help,” she had said in an interview with BroadwayTV obtained from instablog9ja.

In several social media posts, Mercy claimed that the domestic abuse allegedly inflicted on her by her husband had left her bruised and with injuries to the head on many occasions.

Mr. Gentry is currently being remanded in Kirikiri Prisons on account of Mercy’s complaints.

Mercy Aigbe told the BroadwayTV: “I stayed because of my children and because a lot of people look up to me.

“I was a role model to some sort and I really wanted to keep it together. I just wanted a home.”

She also explained that several times, her husband had abused her physically, after which he would call on friends and family members to apologise on his behalf.

She wrote: “I stayed because I love him and every time he beats me, he begs and gets family and friends to beg me. He promised regularly to change but he never did.

“When my husband gets angry, he gets physical, not only with me but with anyone. He has done that with my house help who reported him to police years ago.”

She, however, mentioned that she did not speak out because she wanted to leave him.

“It’s not like I want to walk away, but I just feel that we need help.”

http://punchng.com/i-spoke-out-not-because-i-want-to-leave-my-husband-mercy-aigbe/
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by nurex01(m): 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
grin grin grin[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by nurex01(m): 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
But?
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by nurex01(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Because of?
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by UJIC(m): 2:08am On Apr 29, 2017
Shey if ah vex na e go b lyk say ah two dey vex, ba? undecided
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by nurex01(m): 3:45pm On May 11, 2017
nurex01:
Because of?
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by nurex01(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2017
You should have settled it within.
Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by Moreoffaith(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2017
Once you have marital issue and u make it enter social media my sister your marriage is gone.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe- I spoke out, not because I want to leave my husband by dtruth50: 3:52pm On May 11, 2017
wht do u mean? don't u hv parents, relative, pastor or any other person u can directly talk to abt ur marital problems?
hmm sister only God can help u now. Just b waitin for wht He has in store for u

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Men That Can Make A Woman Climax / Live Convo Vs Phone Conversation / Ay’s Wife Slams Pregnant Freda Francis "Leave My Family Alone" - See Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.