Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy (3124 Views)

Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund / Swiss Govt Holds Talks With Nigeria On Repatriation Of Fresh $321m Abacha Loot / Stop Drinking Free Beer,know Your Neigbours: Fashola Urges Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by paddylo1(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
Again, that Tinubu handed you Fashola, rather than you going to the POLLS to actually vote him

thats not true. . .the lagos and kano elections were judged to be the most free and fair in nigeria. . .

unless u are talking of the process that made fashola the nominee of AC. . .
in that case every political party has the right to nominate whomever they want according to the supreme court
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by ladej(m): 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2010
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3d3209aa-8225-11de-9c5e-00144feabdc0,dwp_uuid=a712eb94-dc2b-11da-890d-0000779e2340.html?catid=105&SID=google

that is the source
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by paddylo1(m): 11:00pm On Jan 06, 2010
I know we want to say God willed it but the fact that the people DID NOT ELECT HIM but he was IMPOSED on the state by Tinubua, ACCORDING TO YOU, and He turned out to be a good one, is nothing but LUCK!

again fashola was not imposed on the state,maybe on AC. . .but not lagos state. . .
because AC in lagos is like ANPP in kano. . .u cannot steal those 2 states in any election
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by ladej(m): 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

thats not true. . .the lagos and kano elections were judged to be the most free and fair in nigeria. . .

unless u are talking of the process that made fashola the nominee of AC. . .
in that case every political party has the right to nominate whomever they want according to the supreme court
i concur 1900% process of selecting nominee is different from voting at the polls. case in point, OBAMA, who intentionally didnt select Hillary as his running mate and gave it to Joe Bidden. he chose who he wanted to choose and the party agreed with his choice
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2010
ladej:

i concur 1900% process of selecting nominee is different from voting at the polls. case in point, OBAMA, who intentionally didnt select Hillary as his running mate and gave it to Joe Bidden. he chose who he wanted to choose and the party agreed with his choice

That is a very poor attempt to MANUFACTURE support for a claim you don't seem to believe yourself.  Obama was ELECTED, Hillary failed as candidate, so did Biden( I believe). According to you, Tinubu, who had served out his own term, DECIDED for the people whom the next governor would be. NOTE: Tinubu making that decision, or GIVING YOU Fashola, essentially means, the mandate of the people were not really respected, but that TINUBU was able to manipulate the situation to get FASHOLA in. Sound familiar? Well it should cause that is what some claim Obasanjo did to get Yar adua in to aso rock!  grin Gotta love simple reasoning, right??
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by ladej(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is a very poor attempt to MANUFACTURE support for a claim you don't seem to believe yourself.  Obama was ELECTED, Hillary failed as candidate, so did Biden( I believe). According to you, Tinubu, who had served out his own term, DECIDED for the people whom the next governor would be. NOTE: Tinubu making that decision, or GIVING YOU Fashola, essentially means, the mandate of the people were not really respected, but that TINUBU was able to manipulate the situation to get FASHOLA in. Sound familiar? Well it should cause that is what some claim Obasanjo did to get Yar adua in to aso rock!  grin Gotta love simple reasoning, right??
read paddy Lo's response to this. he was chosen by AC and not lagos. a party has the right to choose whoever it wishes to run for elective office as long as he/she is an eligible member
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by ladej(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
also READ this below from obama

SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (CNN) -- Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama introduced Sen. Joe Biden to the nation as his running mate Saturday, telling supporters that he is "a leader who is ready to step in and be president."

"For months, I've searched for a leader to finish this journey alongside me and join me in making Washington work for the American people. I searched for a leader who understood the rising costs confronting working people and will always put their dreams first," Obama said.

"Today, I've come back to Springfield to tell you I've found that leader," he said.

from http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/23/biden.democrat.vp.candidate/

the words were I I I never we or the party or the democrats. it was his choice. he could have chosen kobojunkie if he wanted grin
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
ladej:

read paddy Lo's response to this. he was chosen by AC and not lagos. a party has the right to choose whoever it wishes to run for elective office as long as he/she is an eligible member

Here are your own words . . . .  see

ladej:

i am not lucky, lagos is not lucky. fashola is not luck, dont miss the point. fashola's ascension to the post of the governor was a direct result of tinubu noticing that his protegee had leadership qualities and more importantly vision, a word sadly lacking in a lot of governors/'leaders' vocabulary. tinubu must have tested him with wealth, corruption etc and fashola probably refused it. he knew he had his man and he knew he was going to do the job. so far so good. so my sister it is not luck. what obasanjo did is callous no doubt, it was a direct response to the fact he didnt get 3rd term and also a way to annoy atiku by appointing another northerner. he didnt do well at all. but mark my words, fashola is not luck. read on his achievements when you get a chance or speak to any lagosian[whether ibo, hausa, tiv, yoruba, ijaw, akwa ibom]. it dont matter. u will hear the same thing. fashola DEY TRY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.EKO ONI BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin

From all that . . .  it is clear that the reason you believe Lagos has Fashola is because Tinubu was in the picture. One could even deduce from all that you believe that if Fashola had NOT BEEN in Tinubu's camp, he would never have made it ( note: regardless of the people's vote).

ladej:

also READ this below from obama

SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (CNN) -- Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama introduced Sen. Joe Biden to the nation as his running mate Saturday, telling supporters that he is "a leader who is ready to step in and be president."

"For months, I've searched for a leader to finish this journey alongside me and join me in making Washington work for the American people. I searched for a leader who understood the rising costs confronting working people and will always put their dreams first," Obama said.

"Today, I've come back to Springfield to tell you I've found that leader," he said.

from http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/23/biden.democrat.vp.candidate/

the words were I I I never we or the party or the democrats. it was his choice. he could have chosen kobojunkie if he wanted grin

Obama and Biden were both elected by the people. Obama picked Biden as his running mate and so GAVE IT OVER To the poeple to decide IF BOTH, would be elected by the people as leaders. What you have been on about, all this while, is NO WERE close to the Obama-Biden scenario you keep presenting. Tinubu was not on the ballot!! So, If, again, according to you, Tinubu GAVE YOU Fashola, and it is apparent that as a result, TINUBU has been able to remain RELEVANT even up to this point in Lagos politics, then it goes to say that it is possible Tinubu imposed Fashola on Lagos.
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by No2Atheism(m): 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
I also support the idea of funds repatration . . .

- Corruption cannot be stopped in a day . . .

- We can still develop nigeria even in the presence of corruption so long as the money remains within the nigerian economy . . . hence why what Fashola is saying makes  a lot of sense.

- Western countries are using such funds to develop their own countries . . . hence why they would always silently support corruption in Africa ,  .
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by ladej(m): 12:18am On Jan 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

From all that . . .  it is clear that the reason you believe Lagos has Fashola is because Tinubu was in the picture. One could even deduce from all that you believe that if Fashola had NOT BEEN in Tinubu's camp, he would never have made it ( note: regardless of the people's vote).

a recommendation from a superior and well respected person in say an organisation holds sway doesnt it. lets say for example your work at your job is admired by a director[assuming you are a director then the CEO]. now this CEO recommends you to become a higher figure and you go ahead and impress. some people will say you were lucky to get the job, but look at it this way. if you were not doing a good job you wouldnt be picked and unlikely to continue the work when chosen. using this simple analogy fashola was the chief of staff under tinubu for 8 solid years. in these years he travelled to singapore and a host of other similar countries. singapore moved from 3rd world to 1st world country in under 30 years. fashola learnt under tinubu and formulated thoughts which we are now seeing today and the past 900 days plus. BUT[b][/b] what is pertinent to note is that a good man rarely works in a vacuum in a country like nigeria when we look at precedent. tinubu laid a lot of groundwork during his 8 years but was unable to complete it due to incessant infighting with OBJ. fashola, who is not a politician but a service deliverer and an autocrat was chosen as the person who could complete the job. the results are as clear as halle berry face grin. im not a loyalists and 12 million lagosians are not. lets not debate on how he got there but applaud what he has done so far and his vision for the city. i appreciate good work whenever i see it, and in a country where bad is reported more than good, id rather celebrate the good when i see it. the reason why i mention tinubu and applaud him is this, tinubu was not only an ex governor but a major king maker as well. he saw good and decided to reward it. he could have supported any of the crackheads who would have spoilt lagos even further but decided to support one who will do well. he has done well in this instance. EKO O NI BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by No2Atheism(m): 12:23am On Jan 07, 2010
ladej:

a recommendation from a superior and well respected person in say an organisation holds sway doesnt it. lets say for example your work at your job is admired by a director[assuming you are a director then the CEO]. now this CEO recommends you to become a higher figure and you go ahead and impress. some people will say you were lucky to get the job, but look at it this way. if you were not doing a good job you wouldnt be picked and unlikely to continue the work when chosen. using this simple analogy fashola was the chief of staff under tinubu for 8 solid years. in these years he travelled to singapore and a host of other similar countries. singapore moved from 3rd world to 1st world country in under 30 years. fashola learnt under tinubu and formulated thoughts which we are now seeing today and the past 900 days plus. BUT[b][/b] what is pertinent to note is that a good man rarely works in a vacuum in a country like nigeria when we look at precedent. tinubu laid a lot of groundwork during his 8 years but was unable to complete it due to incessant infighting with OBJ. fashola, who is not a politician but a service deliverer and an autocrat was chosen as the person who could complete the job. the results are as clear as halle berry face grin. im not a loyalists and 12 million lagosians are not. lets not debate on how he got there but applaud what he has done so far and his vision for the city. i appreciate good work whenever i see it, and in a country where bad is reported more than good, id rather celebrate the good when i see it. the reason why i mention tinubu and applaud him is this, tinubu was not only an ex governor but a major king maker as well. he saw good and decided to reward it. he could have supported any of the crackheads who would have spoilt lagos even further but decided to support one who will do well. he has done well in this instance. EKO O NI BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- You claim not to be a loyalist yet you show urself to one . . .

- what concerns us in this matter with whether Tinubu did something or not . . .

- the fact that you are keen on emphasing Tinubu gives you away that you are just trying to do PR for Tinubu . . .

The issue here is that what Fashola is sensible and correct. . . i.e.

1. Corruption would not be eradicated from Nigeria soon.
2. We can still develop even in the presence of corruption.
3. This done by simply making sure that the stolen money remains within the Nigerian system.
4. The only difference would just be that instead of the money belong to government itwould then belong to individuals, nevertheless that money would then circulate through the Nigerian economy.
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by ladej(m): 12:26am On Jan 07, 2010
No2Atheism:

The issue here is that what Fashola is sensible and correct. . . i.e.

1. Corruption would not be eradicated from Nigeria soon.
2. We can still develop even in the presence of corruption.
3. This done by simply making sure that the stolen money remains within the Nigerian system.
4. The only difference would just be that instead of the money belong to government it would then belong to individuals, nevertheless that money would then circulate through the Nigerian economy.

i am a loyalist to good work anywhere i see it actually. your 4 points make sense. i definitely agree
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by montelik(m): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Here are your own words . . . .  see

From all that . . .  it is clear that the reason you believe Lagos has Fashola is because Tinubu was in the picture. One could even deduce from all that you believe that if Fashola had NOT BEEN in Tinubu's camp, he would never have made it ( note: regardless of the people's vote).

Obama and Biden were both elected by the people. Obama picked Biden as his running mate and so GAVE IT OVER To the poeple to decide IF BOTH, would be elected by the people as leaders. What you have been on about, all this while, is NO WERE close to the Obama-Biden scenario you keep presenting. Tinubu was not on the ballot!! So, If, again, according to you, Tinubu GAVE YOU Fashola, and it is apparent that as a result, TINUBU has been able to remain RELEVANT even up to this point in Lagos politics, then it goes to say that it is possible Tinubu imposed Fashola on Lagos.

The truth is that now that Fashola has turned out to be a great governor. Most people are selectively forgetting the flawed process that produced him as the A.C nominee. The AC primary was loaded with strong politicians e.g Otunba Femi Pedro, Jimi Agbaje and co. Tinubu felt unsure that his guy would be able to carry the day, even with his support. So he craftily managed to "engineer" the A.C convention to produce Fashola as the nominee. The others went to court and probably had a strong case, but the reality of our legal system is that one never knows when a verdict might come. And the final out come might be what you expect. So the aggrieved politicians found other parties to run on their ticket. If not for Tinubu it is highly unlikely that Fashola wold have prevailed in the AC primaries.
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by MrCartha: 1:16am On Jan 07, 2010
Real talk Fashola, real talk kiss
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by nethacker(m): 1:35am On Jan 07, 2010
y didnt he condemn d action of those bastards upthere allocating 2bn to ex-rulers? angry scoundrels
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Jan 07, 2010
montelik:

The truth is that now that Fashola has turned out to be a great governor. Most people are [size=14pt]selectively forgetting [/size] the flawed process that produced him as the A.C nominee. The AC primary was loaded with strong politicians e.g Otunba Femi Pedro, Jimi Agbaje and co. Tinubu felt unsure that his guy would be able to carry the day, even with his support. So he craftily managed to "engineer" the A.C convention to produce Fashola as the nominee. The others went to court and probably had a strong case, but the reality of our legal system is that one never knows when a verdict might come. And the final out come might be what you expect. So the aggrieved politicians found other parties to run on their ticket. If not for Tinubu it is highly unlikely that Fashola wold have prevailed in the AC primaries.

Exactly!!!
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by Ikengawo: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2010
you social degenerates love to speak english

HOW EVER HE BECAME AC NOMINEE DOESNT MATTER, A POLTICIAL PARTY CAN MAKE A NOMINEE OUT OF ANYONE ANYHOW IT WANTS AND DOESNT HAVE TO FOLLOW ANY RULES CAUSE IT'S A POLITICAL PARTY AND NOT A GOVERNMENT.

if fashola is where he is in AC cause he eat the most children so be it, that's up to the AC, but the lagos elections were fair and free
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by blackasia: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2010
criminal that loot 9ja bring back the money from swiss,oh lest i forget from there money they gave illegal nigerians 6,500 usd,oyibo man no dey loose
as for our slowpoke impostors called leaders with mind full of tribalism and IM, WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO TAKE CARE OF 150 MILLION PEOPLE WITH ALL THE RESOURCES
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by Ajike: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2010
so he can bastardize it with his tax policy and have a chunk for himself.

some people dont see beyound their nose. Am sure this guy must be from PinDinPin camp. they're are the only set of people in this country who doesnt have anything upstair for this country.
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by CrudeOil2(m): 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2010
If akingbola can stash over 300 billion naira in his bank accounts, then i really dont think there is lack of funds in the country. I second his position on low patronage of locally produced products though.
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by jamace(m): 5:29am On Jan 08, 2010
I support Fashola's position. However, I wish to add that locally looted funds should be returned to government coffers too.
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by fugocisse: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2010
thank you fashiola! nigerians are watching grin i know you will make a good presido and am willing to vote for you. grin
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by violent(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2010
fugocisse:

thank you fashiola! nigerians are watching grin i know you will make a good presido and am willing to vote for you. grin

Everyone is willing to vote for him, but the votes doesn't count in Naija!
Re: Fashola Urges Repatriation Of Funds To Boost Economy by paddylo1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2010
you social degenerates love to speak english

HOW EVER HE BECAME AC NOMINEE DOESNT MATTER, A POLTICIAL PARTY CAN MAKE A NOMINEE OUT OF ANYONE ANYHOW IT WANTS AND DOESNT HAVE TO FOLLOW ANY RULES CAUSE IT'S A POLITICAL PARTY AND NOT A GOVERNMENT.

if fashola is where he is in AC cause he eat the most children so be it, that's up to the AC, but the lagos elections were fair and free

u know some ppl like to argue till they twist themselves into knots. . .
it doesnt get any clearer than your above post
all u junkies arguing blindly take note. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abimbola Fashola Condemns Nollywood's Image Of Women / I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Maximum Prisons - Buhari / Reuben Abati Shows Off APC Supporters With Brooms,Sticks And Stones(See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.