Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (29852 Views)

Kaduna Govt. Announces Foreign Scholarship Opportunities / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Allwility: 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Are these the only ND stated eligible??
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by hector: 11:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
The two problems I have now is how to get admission overseas and get the letter delivered before may 27

I really need this..who has a good idea for me?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by DrogoG(m): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP? St*upid m*orons!
Why not spend the money in Nigeria, giving them scholarship in Nigerian schools?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Mayflowa(m): 11:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Hmmmmmm

Say what you know!

He is not lying.
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Mayflowa(m): 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
hector:
The two problems I have now is how to get admission overseas and get the letter delivered before may 27

In so far you have the admission letter before the interview date, you are good. You don't to upload your admission during the application process. you would notice the space for admission letter is not starred in red.
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
obiremy:
NDDC ANNOUNCES FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS FROM THE NIGER DELTA REGION

April 28, 2017

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) offers Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students from the Niger Delta to study abroad.

Application Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2017.

Eligible Countries: Niger Deltan states in Nigeria which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State.

To be taken at (country): Universities Abroad

Eligible Field of Study:
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree(s) from recognized universities in the following professional disciplines:
1. Agricultural Sciences
2. Engineering
3. Environmental Sciences
4. Geosciences
5. Information Technology
6. Law
7. Management Sciences
8. Medicine

About Scholarship:
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is commencing the 2016 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme, to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields.

Type: Masters, PhD

Eligibility Criteria:
First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those  wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.

Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a recognized foreign University Abroad.

Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.

Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
Member of National Assembly/
Chairman of the LGA.
First class traditional ruler.
High Court Judge

Persons with  evidence  of  cult  membership  or  criminal   record  shall  not be  considered  for  the Scholarship.

Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).

Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University

Number of Scholarships: Several

Value of Scholarship: Full-fee scholarship

Duration of Scholarship: For the period of the programme

How to Apply: Application must be made online at the Commission’s website with the following attachments:

Recent passport photograph, Local Government identification letter.
Post Graduate (PG) Admission letter from Overseas University.
Relevant Degrees from recognized University
N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate.

Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.

Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website,

Select Your Preferred Program from the Links Below to the appropriate application form

Masters Degree  forms.nddc.gov.ng

PhD Programme: forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=45 Visit Scholarship Webpage for details

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/nddc-announces-foreign-scholarship-for.html?m=1

OP pls next time,stop adding your own CURRY to an original publication... ##jst copy and paste from authentic publication##...because IMO,ABIA and ONDO are supposed to be on that list
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Bolognese: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
UKEAS can help you do that in less than 3 days, and it's Free of Charge, provided the school doesn't have an application fee...
hector:

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
hector:

via PFL...u can get it done faster but they charge for SERVICE FEE ooo
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by hector: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bolognese:
UKEAS can help you do that in less than 3 days, and it's Free of Charge, provided the school doesn't have an application fee...

e
wat is UKES?
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by hector: 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
PFL? wat is that?
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by MOSICATED5(m): 12:15am On Apr 29, 2017
lonelydora:
This is marginalization. Every time Imo and Abia states are excluded from any form of grant or scholarship of NDDC. Why then call them Niger Delta states? We also say Northerners are our problem but we are the problem ourselves. God dey shaa.
Apply if u are from Abia my friend from Abia applied last year she's currently in London doing masters now. She got paid last week self.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by dingbang(m): 12:16am On Apr 29, 2017
Never trust the Nigerian government..
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Hoodfriend(m): 12:39am On Apr 29, 2017
Abeg any scholarships for Jambite?
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Geokudi(m): 12:43am On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=BrainnewsNg post=56018644]

dokiOloye :
Wayo Buhari government,have U paid school fees for the ones studying abroad already on d platform??
Hmmmmmm
Say what you know! na mumu
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by badman007(m): 4:53am On Apr 29, 2017
NDDC is full of stupid people who have no way forward for Nigeria.

There's this school in Benin city called Benin technical college, if you spend money to bring that school up to standard and create more schools like that, it would bring more development to our society.

We Africans let ourselves down so much. Aren't we the same people who built Timbuktu University which shocked even the Europeans?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by wink2015(m): 4:55am On Apr 29, 2017
Is this scholarship open to polytechnic graduate with HND degree.

I think NDDC should create opportunity for polytechnic graduate to enjoy this scholarship as they are experienced in the technical side of tertiary studies.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Pharaoh9(m): 5:49am On Apr 29, 2017
lonelydora:
This is marginalization. Every time Imo and Abia states are excluded from any form of grant or scholarship of NDDC. Why then call them Niger Delta states? We also say Northerners are our problem but we are the problem ourselves. God dey shaa.

It's the OP that excluded IMO, Ondo and Abia with his write up

He must be an Edo blogger

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by lonelydora: 6:38am On Apr 29, 2017
Pharaoh9:

It's the OP that excluded IMO, Ondo and Abia with his write up

He must be an Edo blogger

Thanks
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by lonelydora: 6:39am On Apr 29, 2017
MOSICATED5:
Apply if u are from Abia my friend from Abia applied last year she's currently in London doing masters now. She got paid last week self.

Thanks. So it's Op's mistake?
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Hiccups: 6:42am On Apr 29, 2017
And NDDC have not Paid 2015 & 2016 scholars. NDDC should pay up scholars of last two years
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Hiccups: 6:46am On Apr 29, 2017
hector:

You can get admission from UK within 3 weeks, if you have all credentials in place. Its easy to get admission in UK, do it yourself don't involve agent. There are loads of fun schools you can look up, secure an admission letter
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by zionmade(m): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2017
lonelydora:
D op is wrong there are 9states and Abia and Imo are included.
Check NDDC website u will see dat
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by stepo707: 7:05am On Apr 29, 2017
Mayflowa:

In so far you have the admission letter before the interview date, you are good. You don't to upload your admission during the application process. you would notice the space for admission letter is not starred in red.

Can I use the guarantor letter I got from year from my local government chairman to still apply again?
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by AlexCk: 7:12am On Apr 29, 2017
Mayflowa:

So, there's every possibility that one would get shortlisted for the test, even if one doesn't upload the admission letter??
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by sollybaby(f): 7:24am On Apr 29, 2017
so education no be better course abi
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by okechuks22: 7:50am On Apr 29, 2017
dokiOloye:
Wayo Buhari government,have U paid school fees for the ones studying abroad already on d platform??
good questions
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by joinnow: 8:01am On Apr 29, 2017
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by efemena23: 8:08am On Apr 29, 2017
DrogoG:
FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP? St*upid m*orons!
Why not spend the money in Nigeria, giving them scholarship in Nigerian schools?

I wonder oooo.. This unenlightened, retrogrades, with this trite and obsolete initiative that has lingered for longer than should be welcomed! They spend stupendous amount of money educating people that they will not provide facilities for to practice the advanced knowledge they spent so much for back home here, making them remain abroad with all the expensive education. What thoughtless waste of money and resources! couldn't they just use the money to set up world-class facilities here for us to enjoy? them Don do this thing for over a decade now but we never see anything wey show from it except for say them go no come back. the ones wey come back wan die of complaints for lack of facilities to practice. smh.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Mayflowa(m): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2017
AlexCk:

So, there's every possibility that one would get shortlisted for the test, even if one doesn't upload the admission letter??

Sure! It's always been like that
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by Mayflowa(m): 8:37am On Apr 29, 2017
stepo707:

Can I use the guarantor letter I got from year from my local government chairman to still apply again?

I believe so.
Re: NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 by AlexCk: 8:42am On Apr 29, 2017
Mayflowa:

Sure! It's always been like that

cheesy cheesy cheesy really?!!

Nice!!
Thanks, at least hope dey,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Good Primary Schools In Abuja / Is this Why Students Fail Exams? / More Students Of OOU Fainted During GNS Exam Today At The ICT Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.