Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Hidden Diamonds - Literature (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Diamonds (417677 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Hidden Desire By Blair / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Johnsown1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
Evajael any other episode tonight?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Kara
“Mille please don’t tell me you’re on mum’s side. I’m not calling that good for nothing Eric.” She was home for the weekend as usual and trying to persuade me to let Tristan’s dad see him. Gloria was with us in the room but she was busy plating with Tristan. My son could smile for Africa. He had the exact smile of his father.
“I’m tired of talking. You’ll regret this decision you’ve made Kara.”
“You both have made this angel cry now.” Gloria said and carried Tristan from the bed. He was probably hungry.
“Bring him,let me breastfeed him.” She brought him to me and he struggled to open my blouse with his little fingers. We laughed at his little stunt and he cried more.
“Sorry darling. Mummy and aunties are sorry okay?” I said to him as I brought his source of food to his waiting lips.
“Isn’t he so adorable?” Gloria smiled. If there’s anyone who taught my baby to play non-stop,she was the one. Mille specialized in making him stop crying and rocking him to sleep whenever she came home. During the week when Rachel and Mille weren’t around,dad,mum and I took turns carrying him. Going back to Abuja wouldn’t be easy for me at all. I was seriously reconsidering. In Abuja,I would be stuck with him and wouldn’t be able to do anything else.
“Kara,are you listening to me at all?” Mille asked.
“Sorry,I got lost in thought for a moment.”
“I was saying that mum is seriously attached to Tristan. I mean she barely ever lets him out of her sight. Rachel had to argue with her before she allowed her bring him upstairs.”
“She’s his grandmother Mille,don’t be silly. It’s her first grandchild for that matter,how else would you expect her to behave?”
“They’re right Rachel,there’s something more to it.” Mum stepped into the room and we were all momentarily quiet. Sensing our reluctance to speak further, she said “It’s actually okay to talk about your mum.I was just passing and I heard you talking.”
I looked at Tristan when I noticed he wasn’t sucking anymore. He was fast asleep. “Rachel,straighten out his bed so I can lay him down. She set to work and I laid him carefully on the bed. I went back to where I was sitting.
“I think it’s time to tell you my story ladies.”
“Your story? We know everything about your life already.” Rachel said.
“Yes,you know everything except the reason why my womb was removed.”
“Your womb was removed?” We asked almost at the same time.
“Yes dear.” She wiped a stray tear from her right eye. “It was all my fault.In my family right now,anyone can tell you that I’m the most gentle person they’ve ever met. Well, I wasn’t always like that. Life humbled me. I used to be a very wild person. I was the black sheep of my family. My own mum didn’t even care for me. My dad was worse off. Only my maternal grandparents believed there was nothing wrong with me. Back then,we lived in Calabar.
I wanted to change at a point but they constantly made me feel very bad so I thought “Why should I be nice when everybody doesn’t want me to be?” I just kept on doing nasty things only at home and outside. I was an angel to my grandparents so they never believed my parents each time they came to report me. I kept on being the party animal I was. I was never hooked to a particular guy. Today could be Chuks, tomorrow Ronald, next tomorrow Stephen. My best friend called me rainbow because of that. It was during that time I met Liam. He has always been a calm person. We became friends through Stella,my bestfriend then. I wasn’t interested in him at first because he delighted in telling me the bitter truth I never wanted to hear. I don’t know how he knew that I was wild on the outside but a lonely person on the inside and he always haunted me with it. Gradually,the time I spent with him paid off. I was becoming saner and falling for him at the same time. I confided in Stella not knowing she had an unquenchable desire for Liam. I never realized my mistake until later when she dealt with me seriously.
I was diagnosed with a fibroid some weeks later. As usual,I told Stella. I had made up my mind to go for a surgery. I intended getting money from my grandparents but Stella kicked against the idea. She said she knew a doctor who could handle my case and she would pay for me. I thought she was doing it because we were best friends. I never knew she had other plans. She took me to the clinic. The place looked somehow to me but I still followed her. The doctor was a young man and he seemed really fond of Stella so I was at ease. The surgery was scheduled and all plans were in motion. Liam was always around to reassure me that everything would be fine. After the surgery,I was still in so much pains. I informed my grandparents of my condition. They moved me to another hospital and there it was discovered that the last doctor did a terrible job. My womb was terribly battered and the only thing they could do to save me was removing my womb. I wept bitterly but that couldn’t change my fate. My grandparents were so angry and they got the doctor who performed the surgery arrested.
I didn’t see Stella as I did before,only Liam was there for me. I don’t know how my grandparents did it but the doctor confessed. He claimed Stella paid him to leave damages on me. I could hardly believe my ears. I was shocked to the bone marrow that my so-called best friend could do such a thing to me. She was arrested too and she claimed that I stole her man from her. That was when it started making sense to me. She went to the extent of almost killing me just because of Liam. Looking back,I wish I wasn’t so blind. She went to jail though and I never cared about what became of her.”
“Mum,I’m so sorry.” Mille hugged her and we followed suit.
“I’ve learned to live with it. I thought I would never get married but God surprised me. Liam and I got really close and from there,we have the result you all see today.”
“Aww. That’s so nice.”Rachel said.
“We love you mama.” I put in
“I love you all so much too. You’ve been the best daughters I could ever hope for and that’s why I want you to make the right decisions.” She turned to me.
“Alright mum. I’ve heard you. Let me think about it some more.” I replied. Tristan interrupted the moment with his ear-rending cry.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Johnsown1:
Evajael any other episode tonight?
Sorry dear. This episode I just posted was supposed to be posted last night but I slept off while typing

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2017
KimberlyWest:

She yaff come again!

Come o, If naming ceremony rice dey hungry you, make you carry belle, so that we too go come chop.
Lol
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Tessy cup don full. This is so cool!

Evajael sis, thanks for updating, despite your tight schedule.
I don't even deserve the thanks sef sis. Wish I could update like you. Keep your fire burning o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Emperor380:
Finally that Brian has got some senses into that silly brain of his.... Tessy abi wetin be dat ur name self..abeg park well...aunt pls she shouldn't be forgiven oo
I'm not even dreaming of forgiving her
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 10:14am On Jul 13, 2017
queenitee:
So Mister Brian whatever, are you back to your senses?
Yes o because you came back
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Kimkardashain(f): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2017
awwww mummy sorry, am crying already, weldne Evajael hun
Re: Hidden Diamonds by crislyn(f): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2017
Awwww that's touching. Wehdone Evajael...i'm seeing your hand wella.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2017
Kimkardashain:
awwww mummy sorry, am crying already,
weldne Evajael hun
Thanks sis
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:15am On Jul 13, 2017
crislyn:
Awwww that's touching. Wehdone Evajael...i'm seeing your hand wella.
Thank u darlin
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
Sorry Aunt Lizzy,we have unfriendly friends everywhere
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Emperor380(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
Take heart aunt Liz..you are a strong woman

nice update Evajael aunt
Re: Hidden Diamonds by bummybummy(f): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
Almost crying for Aunty Liz but God has vindicated u tru ur girls
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
EvaJael:

Yes o because you came back
Hihihi, I laughter
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wicked Stella
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Johnsown1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
EvaJael:

Sorry dear. This episode I just posted was supposed to be posted last night but I slept off while typing
OK dear that's nature
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kara
I thought about mum’s preposition again and I decided Eric deserved to know I had his baby. I picked my phone and dialed his number with the line I was sure he didn’t have. He picked up just when I thought he wouldn’t.
“Hello.” He said weakly.
“Hello good evening.”
“Evening to you too. May I know who I’m speaking with?”
“It’s…it’s me,Kara.”
“Holy!” He exclaimed and ended the call. I almost cried. Mum came into my room.
“Kara honey,it’s time for dinner.”
“Mum,I told you but you wouldn’t listen. He doesn’t want anything to do with me.”
“Aww sweetheart” She hugged me. “Then why is your phone ringing again. I pulled out from the hug and grabbed my phone from the bed.
“Eric?”
“Kara,I’m sorry. I just needed to be sure I wasn’t dreaming.”
“A pinch would help you out.”
“My goodness! It’s good to hear from you. I’m deeply sorry about what went down between us. I…”
“I know Eric Bassey. We need to talk and it can’t be done over the phone.”
“Alright. Are you still in Calabar?”
“No.I’m in Uyo at the moment. Fix a date and time. If you need time,you can text me later.”
“I’m in Uyo too. Let’s meet tomorrow by 2pm. Crunchies Plus.”
“Alright.I’ll see you tomorrow. Enjoy your evening.” I cut the call.
“And my baby isn’t taking it easy this time around.” Mum teased.
“Mum,you’ll come with me to see him tomorrow.”
“No baby. I think you have to do this on your own.”
“I know. It’s just that I’ll be carrying Tristan with me so I need your help.”
“Alright then. Your father is gonna come up here soon if we don’t meet him at the table now.” I giggled and we went downstairs hand in hand.
After dinner,I had a tough time getting sleep even when Tristan fell asleep. I was so anxious about the next day. I ended up sleeping for just two hours before daybreak. I had ample time to sleep before I headed out with mum and my baby for the meeting.
“Make sure he doesn’t try any nonsense with you or my grandson.” Dad sounded his warning before we left. I drove mum’s car and she sat behind with baby Tristan. I asked them to wait in the car while I went in. I sighted him at my right side immediately I walked into the eatery.
“Kara,it’s so good to see you.” He got up to hug me but I extended my hand instead. He looked awestruck for a while but he took my hand in his in a semi-firm handshake.
“It’s good to see you too Eric. It’s been almost a year.”
“You look so radiant and fresh.”
“Thank you. You look sort of sick. I mean you’ve lost weight.”
“Yeah. I’ve been sick for about two months. I’m just recovering.”
“Sorry about your health.”
“Thank you. So did you want to see me to catch up on old times or there’s something you want from me.”
“You’re still so full of yourself.” I rolled my eyes.
“Sorry,where are my manners? What would you like to have?”
“I’m fine Eric. Thank you. Well, none of your options are correct. I didn’t come here to catch up neither do I want anything from you. I just want to tell you something important.”
“And what could that be?”
“I’m now a mother Eric.”
“You’re a mother? Since when?”
“About two months ago. I’m the mother of your child.”
“My…my child?” He stuttered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Johnsown1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
Keep it coming sweet heart, feed me more @ evajael
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
Johnsown1:
Keep it coming sweet heart, feed me more @ evajael
Thank you dear. You seem to have a nose similar to queenitee's own that can smell update immediately it's dropped
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Kimkardashain(f): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
Eric idiot,see ur mouth lyk Evajael own. ode. kara baby kip it up
Re: Hidden Diamonds by AyarmBoye(m): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hahaha Eric is funny but I'm feeling him Sha... Covers face.. Erm Eva babe keep it up
Re: Hidden Diamonds by bummybummy(f): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
Eric z just too full of himself, nonsense guy
Re: Hidden Diamonds by omonifamily(f): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
good!! brave kara
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
EvaJael:

Thank you dear. You seem to have a nose similar to queenitee's own that can smell update immediately it's dropped
Ah ah ah
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
I love Kara
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Johnsown1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
EvaJael:

Lol,
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Sojikhing: 9:52am On Jul 14, 2017
NICE ONE
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Emperor380(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2017
How lucky this Eric guy is.....his only job was to get her pregnant and now he is a father without buying anything thing or paying for antenatal care....Oya now

Nice one aunt ...u are the bomb
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Saintmary(f): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2017
Thumbs up Evajael. Thanks for the update. I hope you're fine.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Kara
“You didn’t tell me you’re now deaf.” I was tempted to add loser.
“It’s uhmm… I actually don’t know what to say.”
“Great.” I muttered rolling my eyes for the umpteenth time that day.
“How are you sure it’s my baby? We only spent a night…”
“Jeez,you’re a baboon Eric. How many nights did it take for your mum to produce you?”
“I didn’t mean it to come out that way.”
“You could have as well shut your mouth up.”
“Take it easy Kara. I never knew you to be this aggressive.”
“If we’re done here,I would like to leave. I have a baby to take care of” I answered rising from the table.
“Wait Kara. I’m sorry. Just sit for a few minutes more.”
I glared at him and he added “Please?”
I sat down grumpily.
“How come you never told me all this while?”
“It’s simple. You would have spat out the same rubbish you’re spitting out now and I wasn’t ready.”
He ignored my rude reply. “Is it a boy or a girl?”
“Boy. His name is Tristan if you care.”
“That’s a really nice name. Uhmm when can I see him?”
“Excuse me for a minute.” I got up to bring Tristan from the car. My baby was sleeping soundly as I took him from mum.
“How are things going in there?” She asked with concern.
“Trust me mum,it’s going my way.” She smiled at me as I walked back in.
“Oh my! You brought him with you?”
“Yeah. You wanna hold him?”
“I actually don’t know how.”
“I’ll guide you.” I placed him gently in his hand and gave him instructions so he wouldn’t discomfort the baby.”
“He’s lovely.” I smiled. At least,he accepted the baby without much argument. For a moment,I felt a wonderful peace that had eluded me for sometime.
“You’re happy Kara.I can see it in your eyes and I’m happy too. Your parents must hate me with everything in them. I want to apologise to them.”
“They hold no grudge but it’s okay if you want to come and apologise.”
“Alright. Here,take him. He’s been shifting for some minutes.”
I took him from his father. “He’s about to wake up that’s why he’s like that.”
“So what happened after you discovered you were carrying him?”
“I moved to Abuja because I couldn’t face my parents. I told them when I got there. They were totally displeased but they still took good care of me. I went into fashion. Good thing I know how to sew so my designer friend taught me a whole lot of things.Before I gave birth,I had opened my own boutique there.”
“You mean you accomplished that with pregnancy?”
“You know me Eric. I don’t believe in laying around. Once Tristan is old enough,I’ll go back to school. What about you?”
“I now work for Crystals Ltd.”
“The name rings a bell. I can’t place where I heard it from.”
“It’s a fast growing company. The CEO is Jathniel Andrews. He inherited the company from his late father.”
“I knew I’d heard of it before. Jathniel is a close friend of the family.”
“Oh I see. At least,I have a job so I can help you take care of him.”
“I’m fine on my own Eric. I don’t need your help. I didn’t call you to ask you to share responsibilities,I just wanted you to know you have a child with me. That’s all. Left to m,I wouldn’t be sitting here with you. My mum and sisters think it’s the right thing to do so I obliged.”
“I know you still hate me for what I did. I know I made a bet to get you but I never thought I would fall in love with you in the process. I was going to confess to you the day Simon told you about it but he ruined it for me. I tried reaching you after then but you blocked me from every angle.”
“If you were in my shoes,wouldn’t you have done the same thing?”
“I’m not blaming you Kara.Ever since you left, no other woman has been able to fill that space.”
“Why are you telling me all these Eric?” I was watching Tristan who was wide awake and toying with my fingers.
“As crazy as it sounds,I wish we could come back together.”
I laughed and Tristan got startled,twisting his little lips and getting ready to release a wail.
“Sorry baby.” I whispered as I rose to my feet,rocking him in my arms.
“Is he hungry?”
“I don’t think so. My laughter startled him.”
“Okay.”
“Eric,having your child doesn’t mean I want to be with you.Maybe,you’ve been watching too much Telemundo. Sweetheart,this is real life and Kara William will never let you back into her heart. I can allow you see Tristan as often as you wish but getting back together, no no. The idea stinks.”
“Kara,I’m not the person you used to know.”
“Yeah I know. Back then you were my boyfriend and now you’re the father of my child.” I smiled.
“That’s not what I meant Kay and you know it.”’
“Hold it Eric, I won’t let you call me Kay anymore. My name is Kara.”
“So there’s no chance for us again.”
“I’d prefer you saying there was no ‘us’. I have to go Eric.”
“Alright. Thanks for letting me see him. I’ll send you some money.”
“Don’t insult me Eric.I don’t need it. My son and I are fine on our own.” He got up to hold the baby’s hands. “Say bye to daddy” I said to him as if he understood me.
“Bye son. Kara,I’ll call you to fix a date when I would come see your parents.”
“Good bye Eric.” I left without another glance at him.
I gave him to mum at the back and drove out immediately without a word.
“Honey are you okay?” Mum asked.
“I’m fine mum. We’ll talk about it later.”
“Pull over. Let me take the wheel.” I obeyed and we switched places,giving me the opportunity to feed Tristan.

7 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Saintmary:
Thumbs up Evajael. Thanks for the update. I hope you're fine.
Yes darling. I'm recovering fast but my voice has flown away

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (86) (Reply)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.