Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door (26851 Views)

Kano Anti-Corruption Agency To Summon Sanusi Over Corruption Charges / JUST IN: Buhari Meets Kano, Zamfara, Ogun Govs / Late Maitama Sule: Osinbajo Arrives Kano State For A Condolence Visit(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by FriendNG: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu has met with his counterpart of the Kano state Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission, Muhuyi Magaji Rimingado in Kano yesterday.

Daily Trust on Saturday learnt that chairmen of the two anti-corruption agencies met in closed-door at the Kano zonal office of the EFCC along Hajj camp in the state metropolis.

Although both Magu and Rimingado had refused to disclose what they discussed, our correspondent gathered that the meeting might not be unconnected with the ongoing investigation of Kano emirate council by which Kano anti-corruption agency commenced recently.

Magu told newsmen shortly after the meeting that,

“this is the right time Nigeria will fight corruption because we have a good leader that is willing to fight it. If we fail to win the war now, I don’t think we will win it in the future.”

He appealed to Nigerians to support EFCC by exposing corrupt Nigerians through the whistle blower avenue, but warned that public should be sure of the information they would give to the agency.

“The whistle blower policy states categorically that anyone that gives genuine information, will be rewarded and if he gives wrong information he will be punished accordingly,” he said.

On the National Assembly/Presidency dispute, Magu said the misunderstanding had never affected his job; rather it gingered him to do his best in discharging his duty.

He assured Nigerians that the commission would do all it could to recover more looted funds, saying his hope is to succeed in the fight against corruption under the Buhari-led administration.

The Chairman, Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission, Muhuyi Magaji Rimingado, said the EFCC boss had offered him some words of encouragement regarding fight against corruption.

Rimingado said, “This is not the first time we met and each time we met, he will encourage me to be just in discharging my duty. He advised me to always ensure that I operate within the ambit of laws. He also appreciates what we are doing in Kano.”

He said Kano anti-corruption agency was a sister agency to the EFCC, as according to him while the EFCC was fighting corruption at the federal level, Kano anti-corruption was doing same at the state level.

He said the anti-corruption agency would soon introduce its whistle blower police where whistle blowers would be rewarded for exposing corrupt people.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/magu-meets-kano-anti-corruption-s-boss-in-closed-door/195504.html

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by HungerBAD: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
Following

3 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Aufbauh(m): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
The fear of Magu is the beginning of probity.
At the mention of his name, corrupt judicial officers quiver and the National assembly trembles.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by FriendNG: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Boss Done Land For Kano.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by CharlotteFlair: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Aufbauh:
The fear of Magu is the beginning of probity.
I only came here to read your comment.

4 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Rilwayne001: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
OP, it is Sanusi, not Sunusi undecided undecided

Besides it wasn't stated in the article that his sole aim of visiting kano is about the Sanusi saga, then why add 'sanusi-gate' contrary to the heading in the link as well as the body of the article?

7 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by codedguy1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
Nigeria is a dog eat dog country.

What's that saying about coming to the table with equity?

In nigeria if you know you have put your hand in any cookie jar its best you keep quiet when you see others eating from that jar even if it is 100% more than what you took.

It'd even hard to believe that any top politician in this country is being framed up because the truth is, we all believe they are all thieves trying to outdo each other using the latest instrument of whistle.

Make we dey watch na.

4 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by queencalipso(f): 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
Another gate don open?
Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Mjshexy(f): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
That he landed in Kano shouldn't be news, nobody is above the law. Anyone found guilty should face the damn consequence, the law wasn't drafted for the poor alone undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by missioner(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
Nothing will happen afterwards, just as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by FriendNG: 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rilwayne001:
OP, it is Sanusi, not Sunusi undecided undecided

Besides it wasn't stated in the article that his sole aim of visiting kano is about the Sanusi saga, then why add 'sanusi-gate' contrary to the heading in the link as well as the body of the article?

The correct name is Sunusi.

3 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by madridguy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Your head is there. Sunusi is the right pronunciation.

FriendNG:

The correct name is Sunusi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by gberra: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
FriendNG:
The Boss Done Land For Kano.
Bloody hypocrite.

The angry one angry

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
Great visit

1 Like

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Moreoffaith(m): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Okay ooo

Na when this man go land Bayelsa abeg.

1 Like

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by irynterri(f): 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
emir of katsina forcefully married a 14yrs old Christian girl and not even a single reaction from the "north",emir of Kano spoke out against early marriage,promoted girl education now he is under corruption watch, how did the financial affairs of the emirate become the problem of the federal gov.?, all first class and even second class kings in this country have a rolls royce and live flamboyant lives with no one questioning their source of wealth, truly people deserve the kind of leaders they get

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by hucienda: 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
dis government and initial gragra sha. we no ntn will come of it. grin

The OP has not since let up his beloved emir after he 'fell out of line' with his remarks of late.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
Captain Obvious
Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Segadem(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
grin
abeg op, who be SUNUSI?
Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Thisis2raw(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
[s] “this is the right time Nigeria will fight corruption because we have a good leader that is willing to fight it. If we fail to win the war now, I don’t think we will win it in the future.” [/s]

Political statement... They can't even make a statement without making reference to their leader

5 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by shammah1(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dead on arrival. This ex EFCC man should quickly vacate the office. We're tired of eye service from this vegetables kowai

2 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Greatigbos(f): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
who is magu

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by SniffyDsniffeR(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
So my L.I said she's going to query me for missing 3 CDS in a row by Wednesday..I'm planning to tell her I've been serving from home like my able president cool

2 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Rich4god(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
.Because Sunusi told them the truth.... The untouchable northern elders are now ganging up against him.

1 Like

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by obamabinladen(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Blow the whistle get your %tage and get blown when power change hand.

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Segadem(m): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
madridguy:
Your head is there. Sunusi is the right pronunciation.

who is talking about pronunciation here, the correct spelling is Sanusi not Sunusi

One of my friends' name is Gbenga Kaka but one oyibo lady used to pronuce his name as "Benga Kaykay" but she has never writen his name the way she pronunce it
She will write Gbenga Kaka.

3 Likes

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by airminem(f): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
Is magu now the efcc boss? wel, Sanusi has nothing to hide. he is a saint
Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by malton: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
And what/who the heck is "Sunusi"?

Those extremists won't let the man be great.

I have never seen people so vehemently opposed to the truth.

1 Like

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by gberra: 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
irynterri:
emir of katsina forcefully married a 14yrs old Christian girl and not even a single reaction from the "north",emir of Kano spoke out against early marriage,promoted girl education now he is under corruption watch, truly people deserve the kind of leaders they get
friendNg choke on this. Let this truth tear your heart into pieces.Other emirates are sparkling clean I suppose.

The angry one angry

1 Like

Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by FriendNG: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
gberra:
Bloody hypocrite.
The angry one angry
Haha grin grin Haha Epain Nam. Pele.
Re: Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door by Greatigbos(f): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
FriendNG:

Haha grin grin Haha Epain Nam. Pele.

grin grin grin grin that guy always cry

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chikwe Udensi: Make An Igbo Man President In 2023, IPOB And ESN Will Die Off / Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship / Why DSS Arrested Ekiti Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.