Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. (7860 Views)

Drone Shot Of Adeleke University At Night And In The Day Time (photos) / Experiencing University Of Ibadan At Night (Pictures) / A Pupil Was Asked To Name 3 Animals That Move At Night. See The Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2017
Everyone can choose to believe what they want

For me it's demonic oppression

It has happened to me alot

I know what I felt

Don't what to drop the full gist

Remember anyone can believe what they want

Science always wanting to provide answers by any means to everything

Guess will soon come out to explain spiritual husband and wives

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Idydarling(f): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2017
hmmm
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by epospiky(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2017
brandonobi:
Im not sure mine is d same but it goes like this, I would always be in a dream, in the dream i can't move properly, like theres a magnetic force pulling me to lie down, my eyes would be closing and I would be forcing it open, in reality I'm trying to open my eyes and move but my eyes can't stay open, can't get up either, like I'm kinda trapped in the dream while trying to wake up

I'm pretty sure it's same sleep paralysis...so long as ure conscious of the environment but can't move.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by epospiky(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2017
skylane:
My people do not be decieved by another man's carnality,some cud be mere sleep paralysis,but I assure some are evil forces afilliated,av experienced it times,[b]hav u asked urself why does it happen weneva u sleep facing up?[/b]look even the whites who don't believe in such might have demons far dan we africans,there are some demons in charge of dis exp,I hav gone so far in researching abt demons,and hav even encountered,wen I thought dey were just a myth,succubus,incubus (night sex demons)hav hand in dese,please pray weneva it happens,neva look at it with mere eyes
Sometimes it happens to me irrespective of my sleeping position.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Bahddo(m): 11:52am On Apr 30, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
Everyone can choose to believe what they want

For me it's demonic oppression

It has happened to me alot

I know what I felt

Don't what to drop the full gist

Remember anyone can believe what they want

Science always wanting to provide answers by any means to everything

Guess will soon come out to explain spiritual husband and wives
no one is forcing you to believe anything. Science is not a person that WANTS to do stuff. It's simply man's attempt to understand himself and his world through observation, experiments and tests.

People who have done some research are only trying to educate your ignorant azz.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
Bahddo:
no one is forcing you to believe anything. Science is not a person that WANTS to do stuff. It's simply man's attempt to understand himself and his world through observation, experiments and tests.

People who have done some research are only trying to educate your ignorant azz.

Is that all?

Thank you

Next time learn not to nose in places you weren't mentioned

Might save your life someday
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by skylane: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
DrObum:

Oga, use your brain nah.

Medical literature has documented this ages ago. And it doesn't only happen when you're facing up in sleep.
u can correct me without vile words,be a gentle man haba! It happens to me and most ppl wen facing upwards,its mainly spiritual

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DrObum(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
skylane:
u can correct me without vile words,be a gentle man haba! It happens to me and most ppl wen facing upwards,its mainly spiritual
Oga, sorry ooooo!

Na bad mouth I been get.

Apologies Sir!

But abeg rethink!
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DrObum(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
skylane:
Oga, sorry ooooo!

Na bad mouth I been get.

Apologies Sir!

But abeg rethink the idea.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Bahddo(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

Is that all?

Thank you

Next time learn not to nose in places you weren't mentioned

Might save your life someday
same way some education and using your head might save your life someday.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Bahddo:
same way some education and using your head might save your life someday.

Ok can you go now..... Please I'm allergic to idiots

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Mikee7(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
EmmySparky:
lol its not about facing the ceiling...i beleive there is a science behind it cos it has happened to me in all positions
it happened once when I was up side down I was scared asf couldn't look around was facing wall, afraid something might come and kill me
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by hichamaziz: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
thank you for this thread
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Danjuma827(m): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
The African Child needs to look beyond religion

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DrObum(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
skylane:
Oga no vex ooooo!

Na bad mouth been dey worry me
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DavidEsq(m): 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
EmmySparky:
Honestly i have been through this a lot of times...i sometimes shout in it but not a word is heard in the real world...i would be calling someone walking in the real world in my room but the person would just walk past me...it scares the crap outta me and i hope i never experience it again
Na diz ppl

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by skylane: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
DrObum:
Oga no vex ooooo!
Na bad mouth been dey worry me
no wahalah notin do u,My G

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by duduade: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
Go watch Grimm season 6
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by EmmySparky(m): 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mikee7:
it happened once when I was up side down I was scared asf couldn't look around was facing wall, afraid something might come and kill me
yup i know that feeling...been through it...i was even afraid i was gonna suffocate cos my nose was in the pillow

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by EmmySparky(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
DavidEsq:

Na diz ppl
chai brother no be this kind science o...this one pass science but it could be the cause too sha...na africa we dey...shiii happens here
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by browniex: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
I happened a lot to me,I use to suspect every old man or woman I saw the next morning.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by lequatee(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
gqboyy:
If it happens don't panic. Just say if una like dey press me until d last day na so dem go quickly release u.

lol. so you know that scope also. I actually tell myself "this thing has happened to me before, let me just chill".

Although it was a scary experience when I was way little.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by lequatee(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
brandonobi:
Im not sure mine is d same but it goes like this, I would always be in a dream, in the dream i can't move properly, like theres a magnetic force pulling me to lie down, my eyes would be closing and I would be forcing it open, in reality I'm trying to open my eyes and move but my eyes can't stay open, can't get up either, like I'm kinda trapped in the dream while trying to wake up

Happened to me alot when I was much younger. I would be unable to run in the dream. like some magnetic/gravitational pull is acting on your body. They told me it was because I went to sleep with my legs folded (lol. naija) .
who also experienced the free fall from a very high pedestal till you wake up on your bed. this particular one scared the hell out of me back then.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by gqboyy(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
lequatee:

lol. so you know that scope also. I actually tell myself "this thing has happened to me before, let me just chill".

Although it was a scary experience when I was way little.
Loool. I once had a nghtmare about a huge black snake pursuing me, I ran for like 30minutes in dream but d snake no stop pursuing me. I come vex and I turn around d snake com dey wonder why i stop, na so i begin dey pursue d snake, come see how d snake carry leg dey run.... i come wake up...I saw d sun was already up.....that was when I dey for primary 5....some dreams are crazy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Olivers(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
notobiafrababe:
it happens to me a lot. very terrifying

but i noticed i xperienc it wen i masturbate bfor sleeping

U see ur life

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by jericco1(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
I experience it a lot, sometimes I feel half dead.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DarkFive: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
Best cure for this has always and still remains, PRAYER,can anyone please explain why please
Bahddo:

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DarkFive: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Same way man through science has tried to prove through Charles Darwin's theory that we evolved from apes abi cellular organisms.
Best part is we have a right to choose what we believe in either science or creation through GOD.
The choice is in your hands
#walks out on thread

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by sheycrown(f): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ummmn.....many things have been explained to be spiritual which are actually not.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Bahddo(m): 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
DarkFive:
Best cure for this has always and still remains, PRAYER,can anyone please explain why please
anything that forces your brain to realize you are awake would make it switch from the simulated reality it creates (that's why some may also feel they are in a body different from their real bodies), back to the waking reality which uses input from your sense organs. It doesn't have to even get to prayers, as concentrated thoughts without uttering a word would wake you up.

It's on those ignorant days I try hard to get up in panic. These days I realize I'm about to drift into a lucid dream state and I embrace it.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by DarkFive: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hmmmm ****well said*** grin another delusion of the reality
Bahddo:
anything that forces your brain to realize you are awake would make it switch from the simulated reality it creates (that's why some may also feel they are in a body different from their real bodies), back to the waking reality which uses input from your sense organs. It doesn't have to even get to prayers, as concentrated thoughts without uttering a word would wake you up.

It's on those ignorant days I try hard to get up in panic. These days I realize I'm about to drift into a lucid dream state and I embrace it.
Re: This Is Why You Wake Up At Night Unable To Move. by Luvdmx(m): 4:31am On May 01, 2017
browniex:
I happened a lot to me,I use to suspect every old man or woman I saw the next morning.

Na this is quite funny. Am sure you been enlighten.

It's sleep paralysis or nightmares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neco Scratch Card,urgent! / Some Abbreviations And Acronyms. / Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.