Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,418 members, 7,864,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide - Education (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide (426426 Views)

2019/2020 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread!!! / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / 2017/2018 Uniben Utme Aspirant Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Guys looks like the status has changed to ADMISSION IN PROGRESS , CHECK BACK LATER
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by chaarly(m): 9:05am On Nov 07, 2017
Edopesin:

using a pc its on the left

What about the caps. . theres nothing like caps there. Please do you know any DE student who has checked?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dannB(m): 9:11am On Nov 07, 2017
wi5dom:

abi....lol
Wizz boy why are you just viewing we made you admin of this thread na come on do your work,remember you draw me to this thread because i dont respond just to view nd waka pass.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2017
dannB:
Wizz boy why are you just viewing we made you admin of this thread na come on do your work,remember you draw me to this thread because i dont respond just to view nd waka pass.

smiles...bro i am just observing and until uniben updates kofa page, jamb caps of thing shouldnt be a problem to aspirants at all.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by infinity00: 9:24am On Nov 07, 2017
bosaniger:
Hello house. What should my girl do, every time she tries to check her admission status on her jamb profile, it request for the year of examination, but the scroll down list that pops up is only up to 2016 utme? Thus she has been unable to check her admission status.

Use a computer, it dosen't show if you're using opera mini, or google chroome on your mobile phone. Maybe you can try mozilla firefox and see if it will open. But it will definitely show if you use computer.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 9:28am On Nov 07, 2017
chaarly:

What about the caps. . theres nothing like caps there. Please do you know any DE student who has checked?
None
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dannB(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2017
wi5dom:

smiles...bro i am just observing and until uniben updates kofa page, jamb caps of thing shouldnt be a problem to aspirants at all.
Yes o bro only kofa page can blow the final whistle..
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2017
dannB:
Yes o bro only kofa page can blow the final whistle..
i swear
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
Pls help what are d recommend science textbooks to be used for Jupeb pls especially for physics and chemistry please help
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by bosaniger: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
infinity00:

Use a computer, it dosen't show if you're using opera mini, or google chroome on your mobile phone. Maybe you can try mozilla firefox and see if it will open. But it will definitely show if you use computer.
I have used both phone and laptop, but it's the same outcome. I don't have a problem getting into her jamb profile but it keeps requesting for examination year when I try to check admission status; but in the scroll down box, examination year is from 2016 downwards, thus I can't see the admission status. She did jamb in 2017

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
****copied****

Things To Note About Your Admission Status On JAMB CAPS

Following questions we have received from candidates concerning the meaning of some terms like "NOT ADMITTED", "ADMISSION IN PROGRESS" etc they see on their CAPS portal, we would like to explain some few things concerning that. Though JAMB has not made any official remark on this recently, however, we can deduce the possible meaning of these terms from what was said during the CAPS sensitization programme earlier this year.

If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads "NOT
ADMITTED", it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows "NOT ADMITTED" then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school. For those that their Admission Status reads "RECOMMENDED", the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB. On the other hand, if you see "ADMISSION IN PROGRESS....." it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc.
This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission. So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes. For those who have been admitted, congratulations! Please go ahead to accept your admission unless you no longer want the admission; in that case, you can reject it. Finally, for those that say they were unable to see anything when they log on to their CAPS portal through their JAMB Profiles, please try using a computer system or change your browser.

source: https://myschool.com.ng/school/news/58744/things-to-note-about-your-admission-status-on-jamb-caps.html
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
bosaniger:
I have used both phone and laptop, but it's the same outcome. I don't have a problem getting into her jamb profile but it keeps requesting for examination year when I try to check admission status; but in the scroll down box, examination year is from 2016 downwards, thus I can't see the admission status. She did jamb in 2017
Your sister isn't going through the right process.

Go to JAMB website.
Click on Admission Status; it'll open a page for you to login Email and Password. After that your profile would open. On the top left of your profile, you'd see four dash in parallel...tap on it and you'll see CAPS, click on the CAPS and she'll see her information if admitted, not Admitted, etc.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Scholar212(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
rotimi9:
Pls help what are d recommend science textbooks to be used for Jupeb pls especially for physics and chemistry please help
get 100 level textbook from those entering 200 level.
Physics : (mechanics, thermal physics $ properties of matter). Then (vibration, waves $ optics )

Chemistry : (inorganic and physical chemistry) and Organic chemistry. Four textbooks in all

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
rotimi9:

A standard Further Mathematics textbook should cover Mechanics, Statics and all Mathematics topics.

Buy also Principles of Physics and Advanced Level Physics. As for Chemistry. Any standard A-level Textbook should do the magic.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by SirMike8(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
wi5dom:
****copied****

Things To Note About Your Admission Status On JAMB CAPS

Following questions we have received from candidates concerning the meaning of some terms like "NOT ADMITTED", "ADMISSION IN PROGRESS" etc they see on their CAPS portal, we would like to explain some few things concerning that. Though JAMB has not made any official remark on this recently, however, we can deduce the possible meaning of these terms from what was said during the CAPS sensitization programme earlier this year.

If your Admission Status on the CAPS Portal reads "NOT
ADMITTED", it could be that your school of choice is yet to send the proposed the list of admitted candidates to JAMB. However if your school of choice has released its admission list and your admission status on CAPS Portal still shows "NOT ADMITTED" then it simply means that you have not been considered for admission in that school. For those that their Admission Status reads "RECOMMENDED", the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB. On the other hand, if you see "ADMISSION IN PROGRESS....." it is likely that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice but not yet considered for admission due to issues like admission quota, ELDS, Male to female ratio etc.
This means you may have a chance of being admitted if some other candidates that were offered admission in the school decide to reject the admission. So if you are yet to be admitted, the best you can do is keep checking back on the portal and hope your admission status changes. For those who have been admitted, congratulations! Please go ahead to accept your admission unless you no longer want the admission; in that case, you can reject it. Finally, for those that say they were unable to see anything when they log on to their CAPS portal through their JAMB Profiles, please try using a computer system or change your browser.

source: https://myschool.com.ng/school/news/58744/things-to-note-about-your-admission-status-on-jamb-caps.html
lol those myschool mod are as confused and In the dark about this like the rest of us bruh
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
SirMike8:
lol those myschool mod are as confused and In the dark about this like the rest of us bruh

For satisying answers....You all can ask Jamb questions on twitter about the CAPS issue on their twitter handle.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
wi5dom:

For satisying answers....You all can ask Jamb questions on twitter about the CAPS issue on their twitter handle.
What Abt Those Wey No Get Twitter Handle?

Thats Why Most People Didnt Hear Abt The Reuploading Of Olevel
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by wi5dom(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Edopesin:

What Abt Those Wey No Get Twitter Handle?

Thats Why Most People Didnt Hear Abt The Reuploading Of Olevel

They need to have one if they need answers to mind bothering questions concerning admission and atleast follow online threads on admission update .
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by GeoSilYe(f): 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
I know this CAPS thingy doesnt mean much but since mine is showing "NOT ADMITTED" does that possibly mean that uniben didn't consider me for admission?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by dannB(m): 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
GeoSilYe:
I know this CAPS thingy doesnt mean much but since mine is showing "NOT ADMITTED" does that possibly mean that uniben didn't consider me for admission?
What's your course and aggregate score?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by GeoSilYe(f): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
dannB:
What's your course and aggregate score?

Law 68
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
GeoSilYe:

Law 68
Is Uhr Accept And Reject Link Clickable
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by BossBallz(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
GeoSilYe:
Simply means they are "yet" to consider you dear. wink
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Mine was showing "Recommended ", but now showing "Admission in Progress, Check Back Later". Dafuq does that even mean
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by OLOGvincent(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
What does it mean when ACCEPT or REJECT is not clickable?
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by BossBallz(m): 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
Icosahedron:
Mine was showing "Recommended ", but now showing "Admission in Progress, Check Back Later". Dafuq does that even mean
Means your admission is "in progress" and you should check back later bro wink
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by BossBallz(m): 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
OLOGvincent:
What does it mean when ACCEPT or REJECT is not clickable?
Means there is "nothing to click" bro wink
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Edopesin: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
BossBallz:

Means your admission is "in progress" and you should check back later bro wink
Lol I Tire O
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by Icosahedron(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
BossBallz:

Means there is "nothing to click" bro wink

LMAO.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by infinity00: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
Edopesin:
Is Uhr Accept And Reject Link Clickable
"Accept" / Reject" link is not clickable for "Not Admitted" status.
Re: 2017/2018 UNIBEN Admission Thread Guide by infinity00: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Has anybody going for English Language and Literature got the "Admitted" status?

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (263) (Reply)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes.......65RC-67RC / University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.