Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi (1502 Views)

Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori / Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi Vanguard / $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by Obascoetubi: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2017
Ill-health and his limited activities notwithstanding, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari "is fit enough" to stand for reelection, the country’s transport minister has said. Rotimi Amaechi, a former governor of Rivers State, one of the oil-rich states in the Niger Delta and currently of the two so-called super ministers in Buhari’s cabinet, believed the president's infirmity was not serious enough to preclude him from putting in one more term. “If you look at the president since he came to the country, you will see there is a huge improvement,” Amaechi, who was the director-general of Buhari’s campaign said on Channels Television’s Hard Copy . “He’s regaining his weight. This is a 74-year old man, he is no longer a 58-old man, he is not 50...he is not a young man." Buhari left Nigeria on January 19 for London to “undergo routine medical check-ups” during a short holiday. He only returned on March 10 after an extended period of medical treatment But what Nigerians should be more worried about, Amaechi said, is his ability [or lack thereof] to provide good leadership and deliver on the campaign promises he made, which were just three, according to the former Rivers governor. “He made three [campaign promises]. The rest are propagandas, social media propagandas,” he said. When asked if he would support Buhari if he stands for re-election in 2019, Amaechi replied in affirmative. “I will advise that he should,” he said. "The president is fit enough to govern and if he makes the decision to run again, if he does, I don't think there is anything wrong in supporting him." But in spite of Amaechi’s vote of confidence in Buhari’s health, there are still questions to be answered. Shortly after his return from London on March, Buhari acknowledged he was terribly sick but did not disclose the true nature of his ailment. "I couldn't recall being so sick since I was a young man," he said at a meeting with security chiefs and ministers. He also confessed to receiving "blood transfusions” and “going to the laboratories and so on and so forth". He has also been absent from the last couple of Federal Executive Council meetings usually held at the presidential villa, leaving Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to chair those meetings. Moreover, The Guardian reported that he was also missing the Juma’at prayer at Aso Villa mosque last Friday. https://m.guardian.ng/news/buhari-healthy-enough-for-a-second-term-says-amaechi/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by ghettowriter(m): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2017
He might be healthy enough but not competent enough.

I don't need to give further explanations as every average Nigerian knows we deserve better than this propaganda ridden and half baked system of administration runed by Mr Buhari.

Besides, who gives a dime about what Amechi thinks cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by dingbang(m): 9:03am On Apr 30, 2017
Please we are not babies.. Buhari knows he won't cross 2019.. Nigeria doesn't need a sick president.. A sick man cannot lead a sick nation...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by Igboesika: 9:04am On Apr 30, 2017
He can rule Nigeria for decades.

Freedom is what I want and freedom I shall get.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by bolanto24(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2017
Amaechi head no correct.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by xana101: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2017
Amaechi the thief. Where have u been. Where is Bubu. Is he still alive?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by saintmark88(m): 9:10am On Apr 30, 2017
Obascoetubi:
Ill-health and his limited
activities notwithstanding,
Nigeria’s President
Muhammadu Buhari "is fit
enough" to stand for
reelection, the country’s
transport minister has said.
Rotimi Amaechi, a former
governor of Rivers State, one
of the oil-rich states in the
Niger Delta and currently of
the two so-called super
ministers in Buhari’s cabinet,
believed the president's
infirmity was not serious
enough to preclude him from
putting in one more term.
“If you look at the president
since he came to the country,
you will see there is a huge
improvement,” Amaechi, who
was the director-general of
Buhari’s campaign said on
Channels Television’s Hard
Copy . “He’s regaining his
weight. This is a 74-year old
man, he is no longer a 58-old
man, he is not 50...he is not a
young man."
Buhari left Nigeria on January
19 for London to “undergo
routine medical check-ups”
during a short holiday. He only
returned on March 10 after an
extended period of medical
treatment
But what Nigerians should be
more worried about, Amaechi
said, is his ability [or lack
thereof] to provide good
leadership and deliver on the
campaign promises he made,
which were just three,
according to the former Rivers
governor.
“He made three [campaign
promises]. The rest are
propagandas, social media
propagandas,” he said.
When asked if he would
support Buhari if he stands for
re-election in 2019, Amaechi
replied in affirmative. “I will
advise that he should,” he
said.
"The president is fit enough to
govern and if he makes the
decision to run again, if he
does, I don't think there is
anything wrong in supporting
him."
But in spite of Amaechi’s vote
of confidence in Buhari’s
health, there are still questions
to be answered.
Shortly after his return from
London on March, Buhari
acknowledged he was terribly
sick but did not disclose the
true nature of his ailment.
"I couldn't recall being so sick
since I was a young man," he
said at a meeting with security
chiefs and ministers. He also
confessed to receiving "blood
transfusions” and “going to the
laboratories and so on and so
forth".
He has also been absent from
the last couple of Federal
Executive Council meetings
usually held at the presidential
villa, leaving Vice President
Yemi Osinbajo to chair those
meetings. Moreover, The
Guardian reported that he was
also missing the Juma’at
prayer at Aso Villa mosque
last Friday.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/buhari-healthy-enough-for-a-second-term-says-amaechi/

He isn't getting my vote, I'll rather not.vote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by drss2(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2017
we heard similar tins before. was abacha not endorsed to run for presidency sycophancy on high level.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by fishkaveli(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2017
I dare you to challenge him to preside over the next FEC meeting

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by drss2(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2017
Igboesika:
He can rule Nigeria for decades.
Freedom is what I want and freedom I shall get.
exactly.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Imaging, OK we are waiting.

There's nothing cabals will be able to do this time as campaigns requires buhari moving from state to state.

We wll test Amaechi lies come 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by uboma(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2017
PMB may still be alive but he is not capable and healthy enough to even complete his term and Ameachi is already campaigning second term for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by mbaboy(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2017
Based on logistics Amaechi is just safe guarding his job, deep down he knows Buhari has failed and is being held hostage by the cabals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by Jabioro: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2017
We are now reading PMB health like someone monitoring his car odometer...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by EternalTruths: 9:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Madness

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by ZombieTAMER: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2017
A sick president is what Nigeria needs now...because Nigeria is sick .. It's a perfect match...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2017
With the current hardship? Maybe they don't believe in free and fair election.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by helinues: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2017
Amaechi, who you dash your brain?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2017
Well, it is inalienable right to seek re-election. But he must think his health first before any other thing.
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by BERNIMOORE: 10:25am On Apr 30, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
Imaging, OK we are waiting.

There's nothing cabals will be able to do this time as campaigns requires buhari moving from state to state.

We wll test Amaechi lies come 2019
he doesn't need to move from state to state just recorded video of campaign manifesto will be played on a giant state of the art electronic billboard mounted in major stadiums across the country. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by sirchrisnewsline(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=eshietIntrepid post=56059169]Imaging, OK we are waiting.

We wll test Amaechi lies come 2019[/quote

u wicekid ooo if him try am na there him own go finish]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by jieta: 10:56am On Apr 30, 2017
some politicians just make comment out of greed and foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by Mophasa(m): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2017
The criminal Amaechi is speaking for his pocket and safety from going to jail for all the rivers state money he stole

He knows that the day Buhari vacates aso rock, his case file will be revisited and kirikiri shall be his new home

Who gives a damn about what Amaechi says anyway

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by skare: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Make them tryam cos i go buy form from KOWA party and contest against him.rubbish then de mumu densef not we cos we ate wiser

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by SalamRushdie: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2017
Ameachi has just proven beyond doubt reasonable doubt that he is an Idiot , a man that can barely come out of the house without morphine shots and Ameachi is saying he is fit to go for second term .Ameachi clearly wants to kill Buhari for his family

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by ephi123(f): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
ghettowriter:
He might be healthy enough but not competent enough.

I don't need to give further explanations as every average Nigerian knows we deserve better than this propaganda ridden and half baked system of administration runed by Mr Buhari.

Besides, who gives a dime about what Amechi thinks cool

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by BeardedMeat(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
LOOTimi Amaechi is high on cow dung
Re: Buhari Healthy Enough For A Second Term, Says Amaechi by 1Rebel: 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
Second term in hell fire. grin

(1) (Reply)

Governor Obiano’s Daughter Bags Doctorate Degree In Houston (photos) / Finally, Oyo State Starts Construction Of Bashorun-akobo Road / See what Buhari's Personal Assistant did-Picture attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.