Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

How Can I Avoid Passing The Herpes Virus To My Sexual Partners? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Avoid Passing The Herpes Virus To My Sexual Partners? (726 Views)

Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who Correctly Predicted It's Start / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage / Picture Of The Italian Man That Brought Corona Virus To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Passing The Herpes Virus To My Sexual Partners? by karally(f): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
If you have herpes, It is very painful. You easily pass HSV to you sexual partner, so you need to take steps to aviod the herpes virus spread.

Honestly tell current sexual partners that you have herpes. We know it is very diffcult but you have to tell the turth. Even if your partners do not have sores ,you must be responsible for the health of your sexual partner. Maybe, they want to be tested. The blood test for herpes can be done when no sores are present. You also should tell future partners before having sexual contact

It is possible to pass HSV to someone else even when you do not have sores. The virus can be present on skin that looks normal, including right before and after an outbreak. Using male latex condoms (or polyurethane for those allergic to latex) may reduce your risk of passing or getting HSV, but they do not provide complete protection. Areas of skin that have the virus but are not covered by the condom can spread the infection. Suppressive therapy can reduce the risk of passing the infection to a partner.

Be alert to the prodromal symptoms that signal an outbreak coming on. Avoid sexual contact from the time you feel these symptoms coming on until a few days after the scabs have gone away. Wash your hands with soap and water after any possible contact with sores. This will keep you from reinfecting yourself or passing the virus to someone else.

People with HSV-2 infection have an increased risk of getting human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) if they have sex with an HIV-infected partner. Taking suppressive therapy does not decrease this risk.

Anyhow, living with genital herpes is not easy, but it is not the end dating life. As long as you take positive and effective measures, you can still have the chance and hope to find love. You can also take a try some herpes dating sites, such as positive singles, to find other single with herpes who want to find friendship, love and support.

Review more positive singles, at http://www.topherpesdatingwebsites.com/, you can also try other std dating websites like HIV dating, HPV dating
Re: How Can I Avoid Passing The Herpes Virus To My Sexual Partners? by ise82(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: How Can I Avoid Passing The Herpes Virus To My Sexual Partners? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
Depression is discovered as the common problem with HiV infected person,hence it is sacrosanct that belong to a support group that help you fight depression and build your knowledge on the infection. If wish to belong to a support group on WhatsApp that has professional that help you through this situation kindly send your mail to lukhaz95@gmail.com . You can also meet same statues partner. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Six (6) Fruits And Diseases They Can Cure / 7 Reasons Never To Drink Out Of A Plastic Bottle / See Toronto Restaurant Where Every Employee, Including The Chefs Are HIV+ - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.