Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How To Start A Mini Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Mini Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student (1386 Views)

Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father" / Challenges You Will Face In Uber/taxify Business As A Beginner / How To Successfully Handle Business As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Mini Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student by royalads: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
One of the ways I made money when I was a student was to conduct tutorials for juniors in my department for a little fee. Trust me, I was not the most intelligent student in my department, but I was smart enough to key into this business idea and I made real money from this business. In this post, I will tell you how I was able to set up this business and how you too can start up this business today.
The tutorial business involves teaching students some subjects which they find quite difficult. You don’t need to be the brightest student in your class to start business. But a little knowledge of the course you teach will go a long way to help you out.
Why You Need To start a Tutorial Business As A Student
1. It is Very Easy To start: This is technically one of the easiest business you can start as a student and make money. All you need to do is to reach out to students who are a level below you to make money. Even as a graduate, you can also do this business.
2. Small Capital requirement: This business is not capital intensive. Most times you may not need to rent a location for the tutorials. I had to use one of the classrooms to hold the tutorials. I only spend less than N1000 in printing out my details, and invitation paper which I shared to students.
3. You Can Make Much Money: I was charging students N200 per week to teach them this particular course and I had over 70 students attending at a time. Also I charged them N100 to teach them a GSS course. I was making some cool money every week.
How To Start A Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student
1. Decide The Course You Wish To Teach: You need to decide the course you need to teach the students. Which course did you enjoy most when you were in the said level? This will give you a clue of the course you can take. Also, you must not necessarily teach the course personally. There was a time I arranged with the most intelligent student in our class then. He comes in 3 times a week to teach a particular course and I paid him weekly for that.
2. Choose A Location: It will be best if you chose a location inside the school. But if it is not possible, choose a location that is very near the school. The tutorial can be held 3 times a week for 2 hours daily. So you may not need to pay much in terms of rent.
3. Advertise Your Business: You need to create awareness for your business to attract students. How did I create my own awareness? I visited one of the business centers around. Asked them to design a black and white leaflet for me. The leaflet contained my details, the course I was to teach, amount to be paid and the location for the tutorial. They printed 1 copy of the leaflet and made a photocopy of 100 copies. I took the leaflet back to the department, and met with the Course Rep of the class. I gave him a little tip (naija tings) for him to help me share the leaflets to all his classmates. I also collected a list of all the students and send each of them a bulk SMS of the upcoming tutorial. Trust me; the result I got was mind blowing.
This is exactly how I started my own tutorial business. Try it out today and give me feedbacks.
Sharing is Sexy!!!!!

cc : lalasticlala , baba seun

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Mini Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student by yahyamay(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
nice one
Re: How To Start A Mini Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student by royalads: 3:14pm On May 01, 2017
thanks bro
Re: How To Start A Mini Tutorial Business As A Nigerian Student by NaijaPress: 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Come And Get A Blog Website At A Good Price / Sell Your Paypal Funds Now @330/$1 / Firstbank Current Account Holders Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.