Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Police Arrest Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Sule Lamido (28687 Views)

Sule Lamido Visits Goodluck Jonathan In Bayelsa (photos) / Sule Lamido: I Am Atiku’s Senior, I Won’t Step Down For Him / Sule Lamido Wore 2012 PDP Convention Gown To 2017 Convention (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Sule Lamido by stephanie11: 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
Officers of the Nigerian police force earlier today arrested a former governor of Jigawa state, Alh. Sule Lamido.

Politics Nigeria learned that the politician was picked up by officers from the Kano state police command for inciting his supporters to stop the conduct of local government elections organized by the current governor of Jigawa state, Muhammad Badaru. The elections are scheduled to hold on July 1.

Lamido was arrested at his Sharada Kano home on Sunday morning. Information made available to Politics Nigeria reveals that he was taken to the Zone One Command of the Nigeria Police in Kano.

About 6 Hilux trucks fully packed with Lamido's supporters were spotted outside the Police station awaiting his release.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/30/breaking-police-arrest-ex-gov-sule-lamido/

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by HungerBAD: 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
So he he lives in Kano,and is causing trouble in Jigawa?

Good to know our Police, now have the powers to arrest those who we use to consider above the law.

I am just trying to imagine if something like this can happen in the South. There would have been either riotings,or paid professional placard holders marching on the streets.

The North is interesting.

Shout out.

I want to give a big shout out to all members of Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Church Worldwide(Proudly MFM)

No member of MFM lacks. If you are a member of MFM,i specially salute you here.

God bless you.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by Beremx(f): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
I honestly don't know what to type....

Happy Sunday nairalanders

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by greenermodels: 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
most northern politicians that have indicated interest in contesting in the 2019 presidential election are been tackled, from the former kano state governor to this lamido.we're watching.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
greenermodels:
njjj
An IPob is experiencing seizures grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by swagagolic01(m): 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
Cuz he called Buhari a failure last week Lolz,

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Beremx:

Don't be an hypocrite. He should go to court if dissatisfied rather than incite violence.

The smiling one cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by malton: 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
HungerBAD:

Good to know our Police, now have the powers to arrest those who we use to consider above the law.

I am just trying to imagine if something like this can happen in the South. There would have been either riotings,or paid professional placard holders marching on the streets.

Shout out.

Its Sunday.

I want to give a big shout out to all members of Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Church Worldwide.

God bless you.

grin

Small thing. Most Jigawa political office holders rule from Kano, while those of Yobe do from Maiduguri, at least, until the boko haram issue surfaced. They still do nonetheless, only to a lesser extent than before.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by chriskosherbal(m): 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
What can I say to everyday Nigeria issues...I just grin grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by HungerBAD: 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

grin

Small thing. Most Jigawa political office holders rule from Kano, while those of Yobe do from Maiduguri, at least, until the boko haram issue surfaced. They still do nonetheless, only to a lesser extent than before.

Okay thanks for this education.

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
swagagolic01:
[s]Cuz he called Buhari a failure last week Lolz[/s],
Igbos go round exhibiting insanity.

No Peace for Igbos cry

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by Beremx(f): 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
gberra:
Don't be an hypocrite. He should go to court if dissatisfied rather than incite violence.

The smiling one cheesy
hypocrite ba wo?

Anyway,happy Sunday to you

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by Kondomatic(m): 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Beremx:
Happy Sunday to you too
Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by hahn(m): 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
HungerBAD:

Shout out.

I want to give a big shout out to all members of Mountain Of Fire and Miracles Church Worldwide(Proudly MFM)

God bless you.

Lol

So all those poor MFM members I see around don't lack either

Oh yeah, they don't lack poverty
cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
Beremx:
hypocrite ba wo?

Anyway,happy Sunday to you
Before you talk, we already know cool

Greetings to your fam & do not allow your conviction dwindle.

The smiling one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

grin

So right. I remember when I served in the North, the then LG chairman used to drive in from Abuja only at the end of the month to share the monthly allocation once it arrived and went back.

Northerners are the grandmasters of corruption, no insult intended.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

grin

Is this a political arrangement or a power structure?

The smiling one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
SirJeffry:
So right. I remember when I served in the North, the then LG chairman used to drive in from Abuja only at the end of the month to share the monthly allocation once it arrived and went back.

What malton revealed is beyond the peripheral of corruption. It's an eye-opener. I would need more revelations.

The smiling one cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by malton: 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
SirJeffry:

As in eh. The worst.

I have never seen where government is run with so much indifference as it's done in the North.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by HungerBAD: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
hahn:

Lol

So all those poor MFM members I see around don't lack either

Oh yeah, they don't lack poverty
cheesy grin

Dont know if i have told you privately,but i drop your name every Sunday inside the Prayer Box.

Soon you will give your testimony that there is a God in Heaven.

Keep running until you get arrested by the Holy Ghost.

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by iluvdonjazzy: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
ok nice one
Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by ZombieTAMER: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
Decamp to APC and become a saint

He still dey opposition

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by hahn(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
HungerBAD:

Dont know if i have told you privately,but i drop your name every Sunday inside the Prayer Box.

Soon you will give your testimony that there is a God in Heaven.

Keep running until you get arrested by the Holy Ghost.

Yeah you keep mentioning that and I keep wondering why you have not bothered to pray to god asking for it to save the 2,000 kids that die daily from poverty, starvation and diseases

Well, prayer is just like masturbation. It might make you feel good but has no effect on who you are praying for smiley

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by malton: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
gberra:
Is this a political arrangement or a power structure?

The smiling one cheesy

It's more of a power structure.

Governments in states like Yobe and Jigawa are run like estates. There, power is distributed among people within groups of individuals with broadly similar interests; think aristocracy.

So long as you'd guard my interests, I'd hand you authority even if you were a business person residing in Abuja. Once done, the establishment passes down power to members of the elite. Unfortunately, most of the nobility reside outside the states.

That's why I consider most core Northern states satellite states.

In Katsina for instance, some of the local government chairmen reside almost permanently in Kaduna.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by Mophasa(m): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
2019 around the corner...Criticise the " homemade vegetable" at your own peril lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by HungerBAD: 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

Governments in states like Yobe and Jigawa are run like estates. There, power is distributed among people within groups of individuals with broadly similar interests; think aristocracy.

So long as you'd guard my interests, I'd hand you authority even if you were a business person residing in Abuja. Once done, the establishment passes down power to members of the elite. Unfortunately, most of the nobility reside outside the states.

In Katsina for instance, some of the local government chairmen reside almost permanently in Kaduna.

This is an eye opener.

How long has this kind of arrangements been going on?and the silence by every one up there is frightening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by BlowBack: 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
Buhari is wastig his time.

Person wey done near grave finish dey still dey think of 2019?

If anything we can discern from all this rubbish clampdown is that the cabal is hard at work to continue perpetuating their fraud long after buhari turns to chalk in his unmarked grave.

I have always maintained that the current vagabonds within the corridors of power will rather have nigeria burn than lose power.

Let the plantation burn if you ask me
HungerBAD:

This is an eye opener.

How long has this kind of arrangements been going on?and the silence by every one up there is frightening.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by BlowBack: 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

What of that rascal of a governor that rules Osun from Lagos only to land Osun when federal allocations from Abuja is disbursed?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by BlowBack: 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
gberra:
Igbos go round exhibiting insanity.

No Peace for Igbos cry

Afonja kwara rat, what concerns IPOB here?

If it was a choice between Osunbade and this same ab0ki we know you muslim converts will gladly vote for your awusa c0ck masters.

Grow brain and learn to live with the fact that Biafra and Niger Delta republic are just one gunshot away.

pest

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by ndcide(m): 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
I don't believe in this nonsense. Because he spoke, he's now arrested?

So if Sule Lamido and babangida aliuh decamped with the other 5 governors, all these wouldn't have happened.

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by gberra: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
malton:

The core North transcends the so called artificial lines/boundaries unlike her Southern counterpart which seems to be restricted by it. I think the Northern elites flourish on the premise that their Nexus must be stronger & more powerful regardless and ain't nothing anyone can do about it.

Malton which way?
Re: Police Arrest Sule Lamido by madridguy(m): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
Let the man go and occupy Kanu office small for Kuje maximum Inbox. Atleast make dilector too take small breeze before he return back to the cake tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EMT: Osinbajo’s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant – Afenifere / Where Rule Of Law Is Trampled Upon, Anarchy Reigns Supreme, Obi Replies Tinubu / Why I Revealed How Much We Earn As Senators – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.