Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Signs That You Are A Shy Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs That You Are A Shy Girl (1370 Views)

A Shy Girl Though In Her 20's / Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience / Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom, Husband Struggles To Kiss Her At Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
1. When you’re prompted by Professors to get into groups…

You still look around the room, waiting for someone who looks semi-approachable to approach you first. You’re not trying to be rude or neglectful of the Professor’s request. You just feel awkward. The phrase “Partner up” still gives you the heebie-jeebies.

2. Even when you know the answer, your hand stays down…

Crickets are chirping and the answer to “What are the full names of the Ringling Brothers?,” is right on the tip of your tongue. But “P.T. Barnum and James Bailey,” will never hear the light of day. Your Communication Professor and classmates will be stuck in limbo, unfortunately not at the circus.

3. People still ask your friends “What’s wrong with her?” or “What’s her problem?”…

They assume you’re stuck up, because you don’t talk. I guess the dirty little secret is a bit meaner than you thought.

4. You hate talking on the phone…

When your phone rings, you check who it is and sheepishly set your phone to silent. No one will ever know, except everyone around your office cubicle and your Grandma, who just wanted to know if the pan she gave you for your apartment last Christmas is working.

(Yes Grandma, my French fries are perfectly crisp every time.)

5. You question the importance of your Facebook statuses, Twitter updates and yes, even Linkedin posts…

advertisement

Writing “I just got hired at (insert company name here), so excited!,” on Facebook makes you question whether or not people will think you’re bragging or are just plain self righteous. You delete it immediately to avoid potential backlash. On Twitter, when you tweet “Loved the newest issue of @(insert magazine alias Twitter name here),” you wonder whether or not it was a good idea- you don’t want it to seem like you’re being a butt-kisser and want free magazines. Then, there’s Linkedinn- are you even supposed to give post updates?

6. You still can’t tell people when you’re angry with them…

But your best friend- they know all about who’s grinding your gears.

7. You look and sound like you need to go to the hospital when you’re trying to tell someone ‘how you feel’…

Everything just kind of sounds like one long and jumbled word- “I like ahepoaiveaopiajrpeijapoeaoeiaeipaeoja.” Pheuw- said it!

8. You think everyone understands your subliminal messages…

“But, I told him ‘See you later.’ Doesn’t he know that means, ‘Come over so I can make you spaghetti and we can watch a romantic movie?’ Jeesh! I knew he wasn’t worth my time.”

9. When you see someone you know in public, you still walk with your head down and avoid eye contact…

You don’t want to start a conversation — not because you don’t like them, but because- well, no one’s really sure why you’re still walking with your head down actually. (Raise it and say hello!)

advertisement

10. Flashbacks about gym class locker rooms made you concerned about having a roommate…

Is she judging you and your body? It’s not perfect, but she’s a girl too, she knows the feels, right? Right?

11. When someone takes your photo, you feel like you need a bucket…

You don’t like your picture being taken, because self-indulgent selfies or even regular selfies, just sort of freak you out. You don’t want your face all over the internet and are afraid the internet doesn’t even like your face to begin with. You’re not Cara Delevingne! Who would want to see your face on the internet?

12. You still don’t laugh at funny parts of movies or television series…

You don’t want to draw too much attention on yourself, even when you’re watching SNL and the rest of the room is breaking out into mass hysteria. You just smile and nod along. Will they ever hear your weird animal-like laughter? Nope. Never.

Let’s not forget about the perks of being shy, however:

You take active responsibility to think before you speak, you appear as modest, because you don’t overcompensate by attempting to engage in overly stimulating conversation or attention-getting gestures, you have a calming presence that others are drawn to, people trust you, you develop deeper, more intimate friendships, you’re sensitive to the feelings of others and you find large rewards in small experiences. You, arguably, experience life more fully.

Everyone has quirks, Miss Shy Girl. Don’t worry about yours, because odds are your oddities are what make you pretty special too.
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by dingbang(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
If u are a shy girl .. Click share .
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
If u are a shy girl .. Click share .
lol
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
Does a shy girl need signs to know she's shy?.

2 Likes

Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
kimbra:
Does a shy girl need signs to know she's shy?.
uhmm
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Kondomatic(m): 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
The shyness disappears the moment she becomes comfortable with you.
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Kondomatic:
The shyness disappears the moment she becomes comfortable with you.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
Lmao this apply to not only females..in fact i am a guy and i am soo guilty of alot of things OP posted..nice post OP..Lol cool
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
Used to be shy o grin

Not any more now an extrovert
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
rangis:
Lmao this apply to not only females..in fact i am a guy and i am soo guilty of alot of things OP posted..nice post OP..Lol cool
wink wink wink
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
Halfricanadiian:
Used to be shy o grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not any more now an extrovert
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
smiley
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=Prosh post=56075010][/quote]
Lol
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by queencalipso(f): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
Number 2&5 are so me. The rest were, but not anymore.

Am so happy I was able to overcome that part of me, being too shy can limit one's potential..
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Prosh(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
queencalipso:

Am so happy I was able to overcome that part of me, being too shy can limit one's potential..
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by egorov(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
queencalipso:

i used to be a shy guy too, I get so uncomfortable among people, like everyone is looking at me, buy now I'm so bold, I even do things in public, this I thought I could never do. Being shy isn't good at all, it really limits one's potential
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by queencalipso(f): 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
egorov:
i used to be a shy guy too, I get so uncomfortable among people, like everyone is looking at me, buy now I'm so bold, I even do things in public, this I thought I could never do. Being shy isn't good at all, it really limits one's potential

Yea, I know the feeling smiley

The funny thing is, in a bid to overcome it, you tend to become overly bold..

Btw, you are cute...
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Safiaa(f): 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
Not a good thing to be shy. If you're shy, try to work on it.
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Kingoflotto(m): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
its quite normal to be shy....but it should not be a weakness dat is exploited by others to humiliate u , cos pple could use dat against u ,so d thing is u gotta work on ur self esteem nd always speak ur mind nd u gotta have policy....ur yes should be yes nd ur no should be no to avoid been pushed around
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
You feel very uncomfortable when you are in a crowded place.
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by egorov(m): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
queencalipso:

Yea, I know the feeling smiley

The funny thing is, in a bid to overcome it, you tend to become overly bold..

Btw, you are cute...
Thanks. I wish I could Say same about u,but u have no pic *winks*

On the topic, at times I mess up big time trying to be bold. But it's all gone now. Now I enter any conversation smoothly, except I'm not fascinated by it or the participants
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
Kingoflotto:
its quite normal to be shy....but it should not be a weakness dat is exploited by others to humiliate u , cos pple could use dat against u ,so d thing is u gotta work on ur self esteem nd always speak ur mind nd u gotta have policy....ur yes should be yes nd ur no should be no to avoid been pushed around
Most shy people don't have low self esteem, they are just shy, they make decisions and hold on to it.
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Kingoflotto(m): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
MissCuppy:
Most shy people don't have low self esteem, they are just shy, they make decisions and hold on to it.
true though but not in all cases
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Frolic: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
I kind of find these traits endearing tho...
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
Kingoflotto:
true though but not in all cases
That's why I said most of them.
Re: Signs That You Are A Shy Girl by SafeDavid(m): 5:54am On May 01, 2017
I definitely don't like my pictures being taken.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Can U Marry A Guy U Are Older Than? / What Can Ladies In A "Relationship" Offer Apart 4rm S€x / You Can Now Watch THE WEDDING PARTY 2 Online For Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.