Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Hey, Men—this Is What It’s Like To Be A Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hey, Men—this Is What It’s Like To Be A Girl (431 Views)

Men! This Is Why You Should Never Marry A Non-virgin / Calabar Girls Offer Sex To Abroad-Based Nigerian Men This Christmas (Video) / Wow I Never Knew Yoruba Women Love Igbo Men This Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hey, Men—this Is What It’s Like To Be A Girl by nusto: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
When I graduated from college, I moved to New York City.
This was not the brave If I Can Make it There, I’ll Make it Anywhere stance you might be imagining. I was living in a lovely two bedroom apartment out in posh Forest Hills with a friend and the City was literally crawling with other friends and acquaintances; my parents were a short train ride up to western Connecticut.

Moving to the Big Apple felt SAFE to me.
I had attended a lovely Northeastern liberal arts college and had never experienced anything there that felt like sexual intimidation, let alone assault. I had done Summer Theater while in school with an actor who insisted on walking around the communal dressing room completely naked; believe me when I say, there was no rational reason for him to ever be in that building without at least his underwear on. But that was my only encounter during those years that really made me feel uncomfortable.

Shortly after moving into my new digs, however, I was walking one bright and sunny afternoon down a tree-lined street near the famed tennis stadium when I became aware of a car following closely behind me. I ignored it for a minute or two—probably has nothing to do with me, I thought—until finally, realizing I was alone here with the exception of this vehicle, I hazarded a glance over my shoulder.

There was a nicely dressed man in an expensive convertible with the https://www.trendiee.com/confessions/hey-men-like-girl/
Re: Hey, Men—this Is What It’s Like To Be A Girl by firstking01(m): 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Very Funny! Watch Akin And Pawpaw Embarass Their Second Fathers Wife / How I Chase Troublesome Guys Away / Happy Mothers Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.