Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,105 members, 7,867,179 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:53 AM

8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites (10805 Views)

Research Questionnaire On Construction / Acoustical Barrier For Fencing With Construction Sites Fence / Urgent Advice On Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by Henrick007: 8:59am On May 01, 2017
phorget:
It's so unfortunate that this trends has come to stay. However, I've been reading through the replies above but no one seems to put any portion of the blame to the CLIENT. From my own little dealings, I've met some clients that usually find it so difficult to pay for a job well done but if you ask them for 100k worth of materials(even if you won't need up to that) they will be quick to provide such.
Some clients would want to pay less and yet they will be demanding for a perfect job. let's use painting as a case study:
Painting processes includes;
SURFACE PREPARATION: This is an act of preparing a given building walls or ceiling for paint. it usually includes re-screeding of a non or bad screeded areas, sand-papering, taping or covering areas or things that u wouldn't want to be touched by paints and priming of the surfaces to be painted.
PAINTING: This is the job itself, it involves the application of your paint materials to the already prepared surface for painting.
MAINTENANCE: This is carried out after all the painting work might have been over. it includes the removal of the said masking tapes and doing every other general check ups to ensure a perfect result of the job.
All the above processes would take a painting contractor days,weeks or months (depending on how large the project is) to execute and he would definitely have to pays his workers on daily bases.
Clients should stop beating down the labour cost just because they feel that if Mr A won't handle a job for a certain amount then Mr B would be glad to do it for a token. Contractors usually feel they would always compensate with the outrageous quotation on materials. Some clients even see u as non competent when u have a reasonable quotation, they would rather trust those that will give them the reason to spend money on more materials and less in workmanship.
Remember to always blame the clients whenever you tend to blame the contractors please... it usually takes two to tango.
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by albacete(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2017
Bookmarked
Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by motion3001: 10:59am On May 01, 2017
Huge back to back wins for me and everyone that believed in me and my source. Big thanks to God almighty for making it possible. contact me to be part of my next big win which just dropped today (01/05/2017). serious minded and high stakers only.

Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by Olumighty2038(m): 1:41pm On May 01, 2017
Softboiy is a SCAMMER softboiy is a THIEF softboiy is a FRAUDSTER OJOGAN THEODORE is a SCAMMER OJOGAN THEODORE is a THIEF OJOGAN THEODORE is a FRAUDSTER GTB Account number 0123742837 is a SCAMMER GTB Account number 0123742837 is a THIEF G TB Account number 0123742837 is a FRAUDSTER Phone number 08112976890 is a SCAMMER phone number 08112976890 is a THIEF phone number 08112976890 is a FRAUDSTER PayPal email Supersportbbmc@gmail.com is a SCAMMMER Supersportbbmc@gmail.com is a THIEF Supersportbbmc@gmail.com is a FRAUDSTER
Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by midastoucher: 3:11pm On May 01, 2017
PropertiesNaija:
A brand new Four (4) bedroom duplex is up for sale.
with ample parking space and in a serene environment.
Price: .. Negotiable

Call/WhatsApp: +2348138718647
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com
What is the asking price?
Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by Marilo(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2017
phorget:
It's so unfortunate that this trends has come to stay. However, I've been reading through the replies above but no one seems to put any portion of the blame to the CLIENT. From my own little dealings, I've met some clients that usually find it so difficult to pay for a job well done but if you ask them for 100k worth of materials(even if you won't need up to that) they will be quick to provide such.
Some clients would want to pay less and yet they will be demanding for a perfect job. let's use painting as a case study:
Painting processes includes;
SURFACE PREPARATION: This is an act of preparing a given building walls or ceiling for paint. it usually includes re-screeding of a non or bad screeded areas, sand-papering, taping or covering areas or things that u wouldn't want to be touched by paints and priming of the surfaces to be painted.
PAINTING: This is the job itself, it involves the application of your paint materials to the already prepared surface for painting.
MAINTENANCE: This is carried out after all the painting work might have been over. it includes the removal of the said masking tapes and doing every other general check ups to ensure a perfect result of the job.
All the above processes would take a painting contractor days,weeks or months (depending on how large the project is) to execute and he would definitely have to pays his workers on daily bases.
Clients should stop beating down the labour cost just because they feel that if Mr A won't handle a job for a certain amount then Mr B would be glad to do it for a token. Contractors usually feel they would always compensate with the outrageous quotation on materials. Some clients even see u as non competent when u have a reasonable quotation, they would rather trust those that will give them the reason to spend money on more materials and less in workmanship.
Remember to always blame the clients whenever you tend to blame the contractors please... it usually takes two to tango.

Why would you do that?
Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by phorget(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2017
Marilo:

Why would you do that?
It is not in my practices, I don't do that and I won't start it now. I only want people to realize the pains that is been felt whenever an estimate is been drafted and clients will start beating down on the workmanship as if they would have preferred the contractor to render a free service. It is not also easy on the part of the contractors, that is there source of livelihood too.
Re: 8 Tricks Of Workmen And Suppliers On Construction Sites by Marilo(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2017
phorget:

It is not in my practices, I don't do that and I won't start it now. I only want people to realize the pains that is been felt whenever an estimate is been drafted and clients will start beating down on the workmanship as if they would have preferred the contractor to render a free service. It is not also easy on the part of the contractors, that is there source of livelihood too.

Seriously,I see absolutely nothing wrong in "beating down" prices by clients. This is the practice the world over and it is practice that is as old as time itself. In the end, both the service provider and customers will reach a common ground (at times with a caveat as a result of changing prices/inflation/exchange rates whichever the case may be).

That is why service providers need not just the education of their trade but also the business acumen to cut out a suitable deal that is financially feasible for the service provider and economically viable for the clients.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A Mini Flat / Amen Estate Development / We fabricating Concrete Block Moulding Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.