Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons (31938 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by VickyRotex(f): 1:17pm On May 01, 2017
Bet why?? cry cry
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by megxo(m): 1:17pm On May 01, 2017
DONT JST LOOK RICH.... BE RICH!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by DollarAngel(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2017
Me

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by kolado(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2017
I don't even have time to show off because my priority in life is having more than i have now not showing off. Rich people don't show off!
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 01, 2017
sukkot:
people still wear watch in 2017 when every device in the world now tells the time ?
I don't think they wear it for time anymore. Most luxury watch owners are collectors, some others make fashion statement with it. In fact there are more designer watch makers today than there is 30 years back and they are making tones of money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by phinedhe(f): 1:35pm On May 01, 2017
was people really showing off before the intention of social media?
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by PBundles(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2017
Its because of inferiority complex, nothing more. I need to add these things because without them, I dont think Im worth it. On my one, im inferior. Would Zukerburg Warren Buffet or Gates shout about their riches. I have met ppl ion my course of work that are billionaires ( USD) but you would NEVER know, why, they dont care for your or my acceptance. They already feel confident and not inferior.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by NotComplaining: 1:37pm On May 01, 2017
sukkot:
people still wear watch in 2017 when every device in the world now tells the time ?

Watches are a symbol affluence. Men prefer to be known by their watches than their names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by PBundles(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2017
True and you need to be a watch enthousiast to buy them since the upkeep is exepensive. Breitling is EUR 199 per 1-2 years and full service ( every +-4 years) is EUR 599.

blueseacats:
I don't think they wear it for time anymore. Most luxury watch owners are collectors, some others make fashion statement with it. In fact there are more designer watch makers today than there is 30 years back and they are making tones of money.
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by SafeDavid(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2017
jerfey114:
Huspuppi and friends come and see

Someone should tell him to stop flashing that Patek Philippe watch. Hrs done that a hounded times already and now looks like a dumb move.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Louis055(m): 1:42pm On May 01, 2017
bodejohn:

Davido does...
He sang about 30 billion in his account... grin
he said 30 billion for THE account and not 30 billion for MY account

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by HqBoss: 1:44pm On May 01, 2017
people too busy making money wont have time to show off

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by VanBommel(m): 1:44pm On May 01, 2017
iVentHub:
Just like my friend
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 01, 2017
PBundles:
True and you need to be a watch enthousiast to buy them since the upkeep is exepensive. Breitling is EUR 199 per 1-2 years and full service ( every +-4 years) is EUR 599.

Exactly, but bro. I service mine with one guy in naija. He's good but all I need is to order parts for him. But I love watches, I can wear the cheapest shoe or shirt. But my watch must be complicated and also an investment that I can sell on eBay and get physical cash in no time.
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 01, 2017
When you make it and come out of poverty I won't lie it must be tempting to show off. I'm not talking bill gates or foreign people that have some sort of welfare program for citizens without work

when you truly understand that wealth is something you amass and not necessarily show then you adjust and stay silent

Think Of MJ , Mc Hammer people that didn't use their wealth wisely we should learn from that

I share quotes or just little side notes of my day or even Fashion

Even those who say it's offensive for some na celebration they may not see it that way you really don't know where people started from

Well if it was me probably not since I know there is hunger in the land but I will share inspiration

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Achisunny(m): 1:57pm On May 01, 2017
Some of us do upload on social media for future uses and reference since keeping pictures isn't that easy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by PBundles(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2017
Wow nice to meet another watch aficionado. I WAS watch crazy till my wife was like buy the ONE you want, I didnt she did. Guess she got loney about my obsession. I have mine always done by Breitling themselves, via dealership. Main reason the give a full guarantee and if you ever want to sell, thats the first thing they want to see, the service book.

blueseacats:
Exactly, but bro. I service mine with one guy in naija. He's good but all I need is to order parts for him. But I love watches, I can wear the cheapest shoe or shirt. But my watch must be complicated and also an investment that I can sell on eBay and get physical cash in no time.
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by DexteryJoe(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2017
seriously, not all Nigerians, for sum of us, d goal is to be rich,not to look rich
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 01, 2017
PBundles:
Wow nice to meet another watch aficionado. I WAS watch crazy till my wife was like buy the ONE you want, I didnt she did. Guess she got loney about my obsession. I have mine always done by Breitling themselves, via dealership. Main reason the give a full guarantee and if you ever want to sell, thats the first thing they want to see, the service book.

Same here bro, you are right, when they service it for you it's like the price will even edge up more. I just can't afford warranty servicing right now.

But I have seen a 65 year old watch sold and serviced by Patek phillipe, sold at $50k and guess who bought it from the auction. The company representatives themselves. I wanted badly to find out from the rep. Why they had to buy their own watch back, but I could not reach him. After much investigation I found that a watch that old and still in a very good condition is a perfect advertising model for the maker.

So if you ever want to sell your breitling you will get way way more than you paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by gud4dbest(m): 2:35pm On May 01, 2017
Heeyhun:
they say "fake it till you make it"

yeyerism
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:36pm On May 01, 2017
bodejohn:

Davido does...
He sang about 30 billion in his account... grin
Where will he get 30billion? He wan steal am?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Khaliyah(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2017
Be like dis guy!!!

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2017
phinedhe:
was people really showing off before the intention of social media?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Ugosample(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2017
seunny4lif:
They showoff becos they don't have.
The Real billionaires have no time to showoff.
Even Jay-Z the real money on music don't showoff cos he is too rich to showoff

Donald Trump is a billionaire and a show off
So what are you saying?
The Kardashian family as a unit is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and they show off
Even the Adelekes (Davido dem) are one of the richest Nigerian families and some of them are show offs.

And none of these people can be said to be empty barrels, or not have anything

Show off is a personality thing, and has nothing to do with how rich you are
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by BerryAnny(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2017
Joavid:

and you believe he has 30 billion in his account?
Yeah,I believe he does. Even his father proved him wrong and told him dat it is 90 billion and not 30.
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Litmus: 3:12pm On May 01, 2017
But I have never seen citizens of any country show off what they’ve got on social media more than Nigerians. They show off almost everything they do, what they buy, how they buy, their next move and actions. Some practically live their lives on social media. But trust me, most of the things they show off are fakes. They live fake lives.

Misleading and somewhat suspiciously jealous seeming.

Firstly, Nigerians tweet on stuff in the Nigeria sphere of existence. Our attitude is part of our ways. If some Ugandan, Kenyan or African want inclusion in predominantly Nigeria discussions then they can't expect to interfere or pass judgment on what Nigerians tweet about and get away with it. Especially if Nigerians are defending themselves from attacks by other African folks that want to get involved with us but go about it by first wanting to bring us down to their level. Incidentally, this attitude of judging Nigerians,which is an indirectly way of wanting to control them, smacks of influence from the perennial Western need to define black people in order to control them.

Secondly, one would have thought Nigerians have learned by now that we arent all that bad being so-called Arrogant Nigerians. Have you seen how arrogant the rest of Africa gets when they have one tiny thing. Ghana with her Electricity and one good university; tiny, tiny Rwanda with her recent good economic indicators; Kenyans with thire white benefactors! Oh my god, they will not stop boasting!!!

Nigerians are allright in my book, dont let the world controll you, please. We need to identify the best of our unique ways and guard them jealously against the pressure to conform to the expectations of outsiders. We don’t want browbeaten into one huge controlled pile of black/ African sameness. We are Nigerians with characters and ways of seeing the world informed by the ethnic groups’ within our borders.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Kobicove(m): 3:27pm On May 01, 2017
stevebond007:
Valid points.

In addition: You wanna excel or sell records as a 9ja musician

Na too start yab imaginary haters!
(Who geh time?)

grin
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On May 01, 2017
OP That's too generalized.
I show off my handbags on my instagram page. And none of the reasons on that post applies to me.
So find a category to fit me in.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by lepasharon(f): 3:31pm On May 01, 2017
Black ppl like showing off in general
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 01, 2017
Me na for Enemies/Haters oo.. Make them kuku jump into lagos lagoon once and for all.
Re: Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons by bodejohn(m): 3:56pm On May 01, 2017
Louis055:
he said 30 billion for THE account and not 30 billion for MY account

Which of the account?
I now he is in the show business...hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / Top Android HD Games And Their Download Links. Like Gta 5. Must SEE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.