Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara (20827 Views)

Joseph Oluomachi Opara Adopted By Governor Uzodimma, Meets His Foster Father / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Fayose Smiling On Arrival At Lagos Court For His Bail Hearing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by okawanyi(m): 1:54pm On May 01, 2017
GMBuhari:
He's making sense

I just got out of a 3 month ban though , sharraout to justiceleagu e, aka greenbac k, aka GMBuhar ii,aka dabuiii t ,aka omenkarap ist , and his several other monica for banning me

Oju ti ti yin

Iranu Abasha

Could it be that I have been banned too? Am not understanding oh
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:02pm On May 01, 2017
vantage001:
Omenka is very quick on biafran but avoid issues relating to benue genocide currently going on.
Which is more important to him? One begins to wonder.
i wonder whether he is a true son of his father....... i heard ortom paid money to the same people that was killing the same people he was meant to protect......as way of saying thank you of course!
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:06pm On May 01, 2017
NoBasisForUnity:

He has ceeded out Benue to the fulani marauders and expects IPOB to do same. When IPOB stubbornly refuse to do the same he laments and cry about 'Ipod hate'. grin grin grin

The frustrated clown should be kept on stage and watched for laughs. Never knew benue muslims can be this funny. grin grin
i wonder my brother....... my father used to say that blood will always be thicker than water.....so i do not judge him for his personal choices
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:10pm On May 01, 2017
Elle277:
I tell ya, sometimes I begin to wonder if dude is really in prison, so fresh!
everybody is not like buhari that has death written all over him,one can look fresh and still be sick...
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:15pm On May 01, 2017
omooba969:

Bokoharam festered because it's an Hausa project, if the igbos dare try the boko-method the ruling class (majorly the hausas) will come down hard on you guys.

It's the reality and you will only end up feeding yourselves to the dogs - trust me.
then why are they still denying the ones they have killed so far?.....lemme guess they are afraid of the consequences? or icc? or kanu? ......hausa/fulani murderers
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by Blue3k(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2017
I come to these threads just to see you guys roast the guy from Benue. Lol its too hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by whitebeard(m): 2:19pm On May 01, 2017
divinelove:

If u kw Nnamdi kanu u won't say this he has said dt he is ready to give anything to achieve Biafra including his life so to him it is Biafra or death. We begged him so he won't die prematurely as he is sick n hence d struggle dies.

He is currently being treated and will bounce back soon to bring the zoo down
zoo u mean u will also take part of the zoo and..!!!

u are very hilarious
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by kikake: 2:20pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
They "begged him", otherwise he would have declined the bail I presume. cheesy

These guys are just trying to save face jor.

First they claimed he turned down the bail, that he wont leave his comrades behind, they hailed him. Then they realised he was leaving them behind and they go "we begged him" to leave them behind. cheesy

Say what pleases you, but the train has left the station. Your northern Nigeria used Boko Haram and Unfriendly environment of sharia criminal codes in the north to sack southerners from the north.

Inapu ara? Abi na craze? Why must you blackmail others to continue with you for one Nigeria, when you have sacked them from northern Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:20pm On May 01, 2017
agbangam:
BIAFRA is DEAD, Kanu don back-track/Compromise dat was y he was released. He is going to go GHOST MODE like Uwazurike is mentor. Una think say na mumu health talk make dem release am U guys shud wise-up, he has decided to stop d agitation else d Fulani men dem for still lock d mumu up.
#IPOD are Bastards.
your reasons are both baseless and delusional... i guess u take igbos as fools. if he has given up, we would know. besides the way ipob is structured and run makes it practically impossible for the agitation to stop even if nnamdi kanu gives up.
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by michoim(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2017
No need to have begged him. He should have stayed, and rot in jail.
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2017
willibounce1:

He is ready to give his life but claiming to be sick to get bail. Him for die for kuje na
so claiming to be sick to get bail is the same thing as giving up the biafran struggle in your mind abi?
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by Curvinus(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

First they claimed he turned down the bail, that he wont leave his comrades behind, they hailed him. Then they realised he was leaving them behind and they go "we begged him" to leave them behind. cheesy

Isn't time you had a word with yourself over this manic obsession with the man Nnamdi Kanu. Obviously the only thing you know about him is the name and clearly your struggling to grasp anything at all. Give it a rest bro.

1 Like

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by willibounce1(m): 2:32pm On May 01, 2017
donborg:
so claiming to be sick to get bail is the same thing as giving up the biafran struggle in your mind abi?

Lol... my guy kanu is tired of staying in kuje. You people are in your various houses enjoying and encouraging kanu to continue to eat beans in prison. Kanu self wan enjoy small so him need to form sickness.
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by donborg(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2017
willibounce1:

Lol... my guy kanu is tired of staying in kuje. You people are in your various houses enjoying and encouraging kanu to continue to eat beans in prison. Kanu self wan enjoy small so him need to form sickness.
you dont have a point
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by malware: 2:54pm On May 01, 2017
divinelove:

D ones dt said he cant grant press interview, hold rally or be found in a gathering of more than 10 people.

Though in d pic above he is already in d gathering of more than 10 people grin grin grin grin guess d Judge was joking when he gave dt condition. The Director is brave, fearless and courageous, those conditions will be challenged in court soon

The police, DSS and the military are equally courageous and fearless.
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by omenkaLives(m): 3:06pm On May 01, 2017
Curvinus:

Isn't time you had a word with yourself over this manic obsession with the man Nnamdi Kanu. Obviously the only thing you know about him is the name and clearly your struggling to grasp anything at all. Give it a rest bro.
And what would you call the obsession of ipob bastards with me Mr Manic Obsession? cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by Zebrudaya666: 3:19pm On May 01, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
And what would you call the obsession of ipob bastards with me Mr Manic Obsession? cheesy
[/s]
trash

2 Likes

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 01, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by najoke: 4:07pm On May 01, 2017
Ngokafor:
....but this Nnamdi Kanu dude take style freshoo..no be the same prison wey krokro dey full immates body im dey since?? smiley

..Meanwhile those that are not in prison are dying of hunger and poverty with long shriveled necks and scrawny looks,.even his haters on Nairaland embarassed...This life na wa.

kikikiki.....fresher than fresh but granted bail on HEALT CONDITION due to kuje beans.................confirmed Ipods are the most gullible specie on planet earth. grin grin grin grin
Choi..you Biafuros keep proving the Afonja right
grin grin grin grin

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by toofit007: 4:16pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

How South-East Senate Caucus, Abaribe, Jewish high priest, others secured Nnamdi Kanu’s release
ON April 29, 2017 4:28 AM / IN Headlines , News / BY Adekunle /
Comments
Jubilation as Kanu regains freedom
Kanu, Igbo, Biafran agitators must learn from this — Chekwas Okorie
By Emeka Mamah, Clifford Ndujihe, Ikechukwu Nnochiri & Johnbosco Agbakwuru
ABUJA – EXACTLY 563 days after his arrest and detention, Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, regained his freedom around 6:40pm, yesterday, after he perfected all the bail conditions handed to him by trial Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja.
Kanu, who arrived the high court premises around 6:20pm in a black Toyota jeep with registration number ABC-46-MU, was formally released to Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe; a Jewish High Chief Priest, Immanuu-El Shalom and a Chartered Accountant residing in Abuja, Mr. Tochukwu Uchendu, the three sureties who signed his bail bond. Kanu’s lawyer, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor and the three sureties were at the high court registry earlier in the day to sign the necessary bail documents.
However, in line with an order of the Judge, the IPOB leader was brought back to the court from Kuje prison to sign an undertaken that he would be available to answer to the five-count charge the Federal Government entered against him.
Immediately he was formally released by the prison officials, Kanu was received by a jubilant crowd including his relatives. Some people struggled to take photographs with him at the court premises.
“I feel good that at the end of the day we were able to effect his release from incarceration and we believe that going forward, we will be able to properly address and resolve issues behind his agitation”, Senator Abaribe told newsmen.
Kanu, who had been in detention since October 14, 2015, secured bail from the high court on April 25.
Justice Binta Nyako said her decision to release Kanu who is the 1st defendant before the court, on bail, was based on health grounds.
She cited an affidavit that was attached to the bail application Kanu filed through his lawyer, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor.
Specifically, the court held that Kanu must produce three sureties, including a “highly respected and recognised jewish leader.”
According to the court, aside a jewish leader, Kanu must also produce a “highly placed person of Igbo extraction”, as well as “a highly respected person who is resident and owns landed property in Abuja”. Each of the sureties must deposit N100million.
Justice Nyako had in the course of the ruling, asked Kanu to tell the court the religion he believes in, considering that one of the bail conditions would include his production of a highly placed religious leader.
“My lord I believe in Judaism”, Kanu replied from the dock. So you are a Jew then?”, the Judge queried. “Yes I am a Jew”, Kanu maintained.
“Good. In that case, one of the sureties must be a highly respected and recognised Jewish leader,’’ Justice Nyako added.
The three persons that signed IPOB leader bail bond, From the right, Tochukwu Uchendu, Jewish Chief High Priest, Immanuel-El Shalom Oka-Ben Madu and Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe.
As part of his conditions for bail, Kanu, was expressly barred by the court from attending any rally or granting any form of interview.
“I must stress it here that the defendant must not attend any rally. He must not be in a crowd exceeding 10 persons”, the Judge warned.
Justice Nyako equally held that Kanu who was arrested by security operatives upon his arrival to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, must sign an undertaken to make himself available for trial at all times.
Kanu was ordered to surrender his Nigerian and British international passports, even as the court compelled the Federal Government to return to him, his wedding ring and reading glasses.
However, Kanu’s co-defendants, Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi, were denied bail by the court which described the charges against them as “very serious”.
Justice Nyako said the fact that she earlier struck out terrorism charges the Federal Government slammed against the defendants did not water-down the seriousness of the treason charge against them.
How Kanu met bail conditions
Speaking to Saturday Vanguard after signing the bail bond, Senator Abaribe said as the representative of the people, he would always come to their rescue in time of need even as he advised them not to sacrifice their lives in whatever agitations they are embarking upon. “I came here to sign the bail bond for Nnamdi Kanu. You recall that one of the conditions for his bail is that a Senator will have to sign for him and that is why I am here. I just signed the bail bond,” he said.
Kanu and some family members leaving prison
In his message to youths from South East, Senator Abaribe said: “What I am telling the youths from the South East is that they don’t need to sacrifice their lives for any agitation they are doing. We will support their decisions, we will also in some way be alive to our responsibilities as those who are representing them at the National Assembly and the larger national polity of Nigeria. They should have trust that we have their interest at heart.”
Also speaking, Tochukwu Uchendu, an Accountant and an entrepreneur said that he was optimistic that after fulfilling the bail conditions, the IPOB leader would be released.
“We are here to sign a bail bond for Nnamdi Kanu and I have signed. The cost of freedom is high, but the important thing is that the condition is being met, that is what is important. People have offered to secure his freedom. We are working to ensure his release today.”
Another person and a Jewish High Chief Priest, Immanuel-El Shalom Oka-Ben Madu, who also signed the bail bond said, “I am here because there was a message across to bail my younger brother. As a religious organisation leader, they requested my attention that is why I am here. I am a Jewish man. I have fulfilled the bail process. By Yahweh’s grace I believe he will be released as soon as possible because nothing is more than our creator in heaven.”
Roles played by South-East Senate caucus
Saturday Vanguard reliably gathered that the South-East Caucus of the Senate, met on Thursday and agreed to bail the IPOB leader.
At an emergency meeting held at the Apo Quarters residence of Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, sources said the lawmakers discussed the stringent bail conditions granted Kanu by Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja on Tuesday.
Said the source: “First, the Caucus agreed to work as a team to secure Kanu’s release. It was agreed that the leader of the Caucus and Senator representing Abia South Senatorial District, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe or the Senator representing the IPOD leader’s Abia Central Senatorial District, Senator Theodore Orji, should take him on bail.”
The source said that the South East Senate Caucus had also made contact with Nnamdi’s lawyers on the decision to ensure that his bail is perfected. The Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the Igbo Youth Movement, IYM, and the Eastern Consultative Assembly,ECA, expressed excitement over Kanu’s release from prisons after perfecting his bail conditions saying that it was a good step forward. They however, asked the Federal Government to drop the charges against Kanu.
President General of Ohanaeze and Founder of IYM, Chief Nnia Nwodo and Evangelist Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko spoke during separate telephone interviews while reacting to Kanu’s release, last night.
Nwodo said: “Although it is just a bail, we are very excited. We hope they will ultimately drop the charges against Kanu and other members of IPOB. We are indeed happy that he was able to meet the stringent conditions.”
Ugochukwu- Uko said: “We thank all those who signed the bail forms for Nnamdi Kanu. They have written their names in gold. We particularly commend Benjamin Madubugwu, Chidiebere Onwudiwe and David Nwawuchi who allowed Kanu to leave them behind in prison. They asked Kanu to step out and we commend them for their sagacity and nobility.
Also, in her reaction, the Deputy Leader of Eastern Consultative Association, ECA, Chief (Mrs) Marie Okwo, also thanked God that Kanu would now enjoy some air of freedom after long incarceration in jail and asked the Federal Government to release the rest of IPOB members being tried along with him.
These are the worst bail conditions ever given in Nigeria Chekwas Okorie Speaking on the issue yesterday, National Chairman of the United Progressive Party, UPP, Chief Chekwas Okorie, said he is happy over Kanu’s freedom but lamented that the bail conditions were unprecedented and the worst ever in the history of the country.
He also said Biafra agitators, who ask Igbo people to boycott elections and other civic activities in Nigeria must learn from the episode because it would have been difficult to meet the stringent bail conditions without Igbo senators like Abaribe.
His words: ‘’I am very excited about Kanu’s freedom from incarceration but the bail conditions are the most wicked, obnoxious and stringent that we have ever had in the history of Nigeria. I thank all those who rose to meet the bail conditions. The Igbo and those agitating for Biafra have a lesson to learn from the episode. The struggle for Biafra is for all- the politician, businessman, civil servant and religious are all important. Some people used Radio Biafra to canvass that Igbo people should boycott elections.
If Igbo people boycotted the elections how would they have filled the gap that Senator Abaribe filled?’’
His release is long over due – Ankio-Briggs Human Rights Activist, Mrs Ankio-Briggs, said Kanu’s freedom is long overdue and hoped that there are not behind the scene moves to re-arrest Kanu because saying that he must not be with more than 10 persons at a time is a landmine.
She said: ‘’Kanu’s release is long over due because his matter went up to the ECOWAS court, a lot of judges gave orders that he should be released but the government disobeyed the orders. His release should be the beginning of this government obeying court orders and the Judiciary living up to the elevation the common man placed it.
‘’I hope there is no behind the scene plan to rearrest Nnamdi Kanu. We must be alert to tell them that, that cannot be accepted. The case should begin, there are three other people with Kanu that should be bailed. I am proud of Kanu as a leader of his people because of his insistence that those detained with him should be released and glad to know that those people prevailed on him to accept the freedom. There are many prisoners of conscience in Nigeria. We must begin to agitate that they must be released.’’
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by ziga: 4:30pm On May 01, 2017
chiagozien:
Where are the Governors, Congressmen and Leaders of the SE states in the fight for Biafra?ekweremmadu

Shouldn't they be the ones leading this agitation?we have division of labour.

Is this poor man just being used and will be dumped depending on how convenient it is?Kanu is never a
poor
man,he is a prince living fine in london well educated But I thought Afonja leaders were the 2 faced cowards?one out of 100 millions that refuse to be a coward can not make afonjas to be brave people.

Sincerely curious.

When I said poor, I wasn't referring to how much money he has in the bank. I meant that it is a poor situation to be incarcerated in a Nigerian prison.

I researched Ekweremmadu. He sounds like an intelligent gentleman. He is deeply involved in Nigerian politics but I never found any place where he was agitation for the creation of Biafra.

It sounds like he was strongly for violation of human rights. He believes that every Mr. Kanu has the right to campaign for secession and shouldn't be imprisoned as a result of this. And that's why he tried to help out with bail. Along with Gov Fayose.

And if you have any reliable source that states otherwise, I would be grateful.
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by bluediesel03: 4:32pm On May 01, 2017
ruggedised:

nobody was expecting you to believe, your village need more of your attention to liberate them from fulanis. KANU don't give a Bleep about you
The young man has left Benue state for long. But I pity his Family

1 Like

Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by divinelove(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2017
najoke:

being treated shocked shocked shocked.....syphilis,gonorrhea or AIDs....please which one cos you guys claim Kanu is always fresher than fresh....where this sickness come from biko. grin grin grin grin grin

A man dt spent close to 2yrs in kuje prison, bros try get some sense nw bikonu
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by najoke: 5:24pm On May 01, 2017
divinelove:

A man dt spent close to 2yrs in kuje prison, bros try get some sense nw bikonu
isn't he brave and courageous again.....doesn't he look fresher than fresh again.....was he looking sick to you...did he vomit ...was he looking frail...bros,you the gullible Biafuros....try retrieve ya washed brain now. grin grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5240172_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by Bolster(m): 5:33pm On May 01, 2017
They begged him to be free? Lol.
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by Limitless72(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

Stop saying shit...
Who are the people that hailed him?..
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by afonjadie: 8:27pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

omenka the Benue man who is so ashamed to identify with his own people but rather identity with true nwafors, if omenka was Igbo he would be an osu according to Afonja rule of engagement grin
Re: We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara by dapiluv: 9:23pm On May 01, 2017
Na lie bros, is prison yard his living room?
Abi you force him to eat with FFK and also hug fayose.
He knows what freedom is.
Next time do not come and tell the story of Ali goes to school here We all know it
Mtcheeeeee!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu's Sack: Court Adjourns Suit, As Lawyer Cries Out To The Court- Newtelegraph / Dapo Abiodun: New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Fits Our Transportation Master Plan / Boko Haram Members With Poisoned Fish Arrested By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.