Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark (23537 Views)

Fear Of ICC Made Jonathan To Concede Defeat – Falana / Fani-Kayode Reveals Three ‘Evil Geniuses’ Who Made Jonathan Lose 2015 Election / Jonathan: Obama Made It Clear He Wanted Change Of Govt In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:24pm On May 01, 2017
David Mark, former senate president, says former President Goodluck Jonathan made the national assembly delay passing the anti-gay bill because of concerns former US President Barack Obama raised at the time he was seeking re-election.

Mark made this claim in ‘Against the Run of Play’, a book which chronicles how Jonathan lost the 2015 presidential election, written by Olusegun Adeniyi, a journalist and bestselling author.

The former president’s relationship with the Obama administration was at first “rosy” before it became frosty.

In the book, Jonathan blamed Obama for his electoral defeat, saying in 2014 it became clear that the former US president wanted a change of government in Nigeria. This was after he had signed into law a bill prohibiting same-sex marriage.

Mark told Adeniyi that Jonathan caused a delay in the passage of the bill because of Obama.

“President Jonathan called me that President Obama had sent to him a message of concerns about the bill. That was in 2012 at a time Obama was seeking a second term in office,” he said.

“President Jonathan asked what could be done and I told him that not only was I committed to the passage of the bill that was also the position of the national assembly.

“I said the only thing I could do was delay its passage till after the American presidential election. But I assured him that the same-sex marriage was not something we would legalise in Nigeria.

“We delayed it for a few months after that, but we eventually passed the bill into law and President Jonathan had to assent.”

The national assembly under Mark passed the same-sex marriage prohibition bill in May 2013. And Jonathan signed it into law on 13 January, 2014.

The law prescribes 14 years imprisonment for those convicted of homosexuality.

https://www.thecable.ng/david-mark-jonathan-made-us-delay-anti-gay-bill-obamas-re-election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:26pm On May 01, 2017
Obama is the true son of the devil

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by GavelSlam: 4:27pm On May 01, 2017
See him smiling sheepishly.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by DLuciano: 4:52pm On May 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
See him smiling sheepishly.
Obama the evil genius, thank God Trump crushed his evil plans

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by Mophasa(m): 4:58pm On May 01, 2017
That was a bold step by GEJ

Obama the devil's incarnate

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by AmuEwu: 6:39pm On May 01, 2017
DLuciano:
Obama the evil genius, thank God Trump crushed his evil plans

So Trump is the saviour now grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by DLuciano: 8:49pm On May 01, 2017
AmuEwu:

So Trump is the saviour now grin
Guy Trump is not the Savior but the destroyer of Obama carefree and demonic influences

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by HegenIkomkeh(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2017
Obama my mentor! sadsad

5 Likes

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by danot1030: 10:06pm On May 01, 2017
Another fact revealing that the hero was both weak and wack.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by merit455(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2017
danot1030:
. Shut up

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by tuscani: 12:05am On May 02, 2017
Whaaaat

1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by senatordave1(m): 12:23am On May 02, 2017
This goes to further prove that buhari is far stronger and better than weakling gej the bowler hat wearer.buhari may not be the messiah but hes the pathmaker,the forerunner.up buhari

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by SalamRushdie: 12:29am On May 02, 2017
Obama was Satan in the flesh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:52am On May 02, 2017
FP bound my bloda grin

IB is clueless as usual, if u dont like my rhetorics biko lekwa lagoon ebahu angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by gberra: 1:08am On May 02, 2017
Meanwhile Buhari told Obama face to face that there was no room for gay rights in Nigeria. Such a boldness Gej lacked, I reckon Gej's balls are also weak & mama piss could bear him witness. Extremely weak & clueless.

Igbos are fools

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by Nobody: 1:13am On May 02, 2017
thank God say democrats lost..

bubu for don sell naija off..

God loves naija.. Aswear..

bubu for finish us with this gay bill..him and his APC

obama na real devil..
Zombies.. dey no even mind.. as dem support clinton then..

knowing fully the consequences.. of such..

yet na dem go shout sophistication..
as seen by the guy above..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by Nobody: 1:20am On May 02, 2017
gberra:
Meanwhile Buhari told Obama face to face that there was no room for gay rights in Nigeria. Such a boldness Gej lacked, I reckon Gej's balls are also weak & mama piss could bear him witness. Extremely weak & clueless.

Igbos are fools

buhari fit look Obama for eye tell am such..

if dem call you afonjaic zombies una go dey provoke..

but una reason eh..

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by onward4life(m): 1:33am On May 02, 2017
Mophasa:
That was a bold step by GEJ

Obama the devil's incarnate

obama means Devil in Swahili

5 Likes

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by scribble: 1:46am On May 02, 2017
gberra:

Igbos are fools

Will buhari address the nation on democracy day or will he send a mere commissioner

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by gberra: 1:49am On May 02, 2017
bounty007:

buhari fit look Obama for eye tell am such..

if dem call you afonjaic zombies una go dey provoke..

but una reason eh..

At the White House in 2015,PMB looked into his eye balls. You were at onitsha bridge carrying placard with Ipob louts, so I don't expect you know.

Truth hurts IPob peasants cry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by Nobody: 1:55am On May 02, 2017
gberra:
At the White House in 2015,PMB looked into his eye balls. You were at onitsha bridge carrying placard with Ipob louts, so I don't expect you know.

Truth hurts IPob peasants cry

na mouth una get.. dem born am well.

atleast i dey carry placard for an ideology wey me believe die..

why you dey worship your lord and masters..
after shouting owomida...

today, KaNu is out.. cool cool
oya go kwara go pursue emir comot..

or you wan remain slave forever? na 2017 we dey o

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by gberra: 1:56am On May 02, 2017
Mynd41:

You just described a whole tribe/organization with millions of members as fools. If I say that your ewedu eating, oil drinking, skull racketeering family are fools now, the senseless bigots that are nairaland mods will come immediately.
You need not worry about the Mods, they have been hiding my comments, no thanks to the corpse-water drinkers & Osu skulls that do cry to the Mods.

Igbos always cry tongue

12 Likes

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by gberra: 1:59am On May 02, 2017
scribble:

Will buhari address the nation on democracy day or will he send a mere commissioner
All Igbos will cry on that day...

5 Likes

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by Mynd41: 1:59am On May 02, 2017
gberra:
You need not worry about the Mods, they have been hiding my comments, no thanks to the corpse-water drinkers & Osu skulls that do cry to the Mods.

Igbos always cry tongue
Just imagining what your parents are going through

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by BrutalJab: 5:26am On May 02, 2017
gberra:

Igbos are fools
how old are you? Always spitting and barking.
MichaelSokoto:
FP bound my broda grin

IB is clueless as usual, if u dont like my rhetorics biko lekwa lagoon ebahu angry
Your moniker alone don sell u out. You reason like a clueless and underage being.
danot1030:
Will u say something useful or go and prepare for ur jamb? Kid

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by blackpanda: 5:34am On May 02, 2017
[[s]quote author=DLuciano post=56106725]Obama the evil genius, thank God Trump crushed his evil plans [/quote][/s]

Seriously Obama completed two successful terms of 8yrs. Obama is currently being paid $400000 just to deliver speech on wall street. Pls, which plan did trump crush

Some Nigerians just amaze me with their ignorance. Every intelligent person knows that the antigay law was simply formulated to get public sympathy, and nothing more. Nigeria's criminal and penal code already criminalized homosexuality, so coming up with another law was simply pointless. But as usual, Jonathan in his usual clueless fashion decided to waste his political currency on frivolous expedition. What exactly has that law achieved so far?? Denrele and bobrisky are still earning millions and smiling to the bank while jobless youths come here to wail

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by greatwhite(m): 5:41am On May 02, 2017
Who has the link to where I can download this mysterious book?
Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by jericco1(m): 5:43am On May 02, 2017
Where are they now?
Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by Adminisher: 5:52am On May 02, 2017
What is good about anti gay bill?.
There was none before and it did not lead to an increase in the number of gays. Most religious establishments are actually the unwitting nurturers of the homosexuality.
We are not just serious in Nigeria. They could not pass PIB but anti gay sailed through fast.
We are just DUMB in Nigeria. The things we should be emotional about we are lackadaisical about

And the amateurish demonization of Obama. Rubbish
Happily married, church going man with two daughters . That is the truth. There is the alternative lie that some people embrace out out of a desire for sensational news to make their boring lives interesting

4 Likes

Re: Obama Made Jonathan Delay Anti-Gay Bill – David Mark by austinvsb1(m): 6:03am On May 02, 2017
bounty007:
thank God for bubu's sickness.. and say democrats lost..

the mofo bubu for don sell naija off..

God loves naija.. Aswear..

bubu for finish us with this gay bill..him and his APC mofos..

guess say na why he dey chop this punishment...

obama na real devil..

AFONJAS are real Zombies.. and dey no even mind.. see as dem support clinton then..

knowing fully the consequences.. of such..

yet na dem go shout sophistication.. those guys are real zoms..
as seen by the guy above..

like say dia brain dey always always pain dem..

Your kind is why I support one guy's suggestion of aggresive nairaland cleansing!!

Na person born you so? shocked

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Assembly Speaker Dumps APC, Leads 23 Lawmakers To PDP / Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea / Bishops Who Supported Tinubu Say They Have Been Vindicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.