Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) (36194 Views)

Osinbajo: Nigerian Elite Influence Appointments Of Judges / Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others / Osinbajo Nigerian Vice President Has Closed Twitter Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by DICKtator: 8:13pm On May 01, 2017
geekybabe:
Prof Osinbajo.. one of the best things that happened to Nigeria in this present administration. Dynamic, down to earth and highly intelligent.

May we never have a vice president like Namadi Sambo again in Nigeria.

If i told you his speech was written by a speech writer/P.A. , would you believe me?

Well, i'll give him credit for at least probably proofreading it before using it.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Kumosisi(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2017
Greatigbos:
why are this people so dumb

of all the problems hanging on Nigeria neck u guys only think of Nigeria jellof rice

what is even wrong with all this dumb people...like president like the vp....no sdirection
since the nigerian problems start, how many una done solve? So because dem discuss abt jollof rice e don make dem nigerians dumb, u r a nigerian u can start solving d problem.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Taiwx(m): 8:34pm On May 01, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Osinbande
meaning?
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Chikelue2000(m): 8:36pm On May 01, 2017
Taiwx:
meaning?
ask buhari
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Duru009(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2017
Biafra Jollof rice is far better than Nigerian jollof....

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by AlphaT1(m): 8:43pm On May 01, 2017
Greatigbos:

of all the problems hanging on Nigeria neck u guys only think of Nigeria jellof rice

what is even wrong with all this dumb people...like president like the vp....no direction
You really don't get the message and I think you should have asked someone to interpret to you before calling Prof Osinbajo "dumb". The Prof was only infusing some humour into his speech in order not to bore the audience and to carry them along as well. He said Nigerians are talented and good entrepreneurs, that even in comedy we are the best, citing examples of the recent comic events happening around including the jollof rice stuff!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:43pm On May 01, 2017
During 2015 election, my teacher said it is better to vote one fool and one intelligent, rather than vote two fools. It is just a pity his intelligence could not affect Buhari brain
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Taiwx(m): 8:45pm On May 01, 2017
Chikelue2000:
ask buhari

ur so dumb gon o :-/
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Iamzik: 8:51pm On May 01, 2017
Greatigbos:

what is even wrong with all this dumb people...like president like the vp....no direction

Oga slow down with the insult. It was just a comic relief. If you know anything about public speaking then you will understand the need to connect with and get your audience's attention before presentation. He did the right thing besides that was not the crux of his message. I wouldn't call the VP dumb if I were you.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Toks2008(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
I'm beginning to think I've lost my sense of humour

If of all problems facing Nigeria, battle for Jollof rice supremacy is the most important to VP, I'm afraid I'll have to give up on this government

Habba! please allow our VP express some sense of humour..
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by jalal4199: 9:09pm On May 01, 2017
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by uncleabbey(m): 9:10pm On May 01, 2017
This man should just contest already

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 01, 2017
Toks2008:

Habba! please allow our VP express some sense of humour..
Blame my poor sense of humour on recession

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Carter4luv(m): 9:17pm On May 01, 2017
Everything we are d best even corruption.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Kdon2: 9:18pm On May 01, 2017
Ajasco222:
Nigeria's vice president, Yemi Osinbajo has acknowledged Nigerian Jollof rice as the best anywhere in the world. He made the statement while addressing "the platform" at Christian covenant centre in Lagos.

He also joked about Senator Dino Melaye's recent hit song "Aje Kun Iya Ni o je" that broke the internet few weeks ago.

See excerpts from what he said below;

"Nobody is as funny as Nigerian comedians, whether professional or amateurs. We even have a member of the national assembly who recently launched a CD, Aje kun Iya Ni O je"

"The other day, someone showed me a text, a young man had sent him a text to invite him to a book launch titled 7 steps to becoming a professional whilstle blower"

"And of course we know that Nigerian jollof rice is the best anywhere in the world. Better than the Ghanaian and the Senegalese"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwuQ-Veqsg

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/05/nigerian-jollof-rice-is-best-anywhere.html

chai naija! We are talking president buhari's health some people are talking jollof rice. Haba!
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Terver90: 9:34pm On May 01, 2017
Wow I first of all greet all nairaland commentors. But I don't understand o among the very important national issues at stake jollof rice is now our problem? Well I pray that the Almighty Creator will grant my fellow youth a deeper insight.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by pacretus(m): 9:56pm On May 01, 2017
Bibi294:
God! Jollof should be the least of Nigerians problems right now... Not with a sick president an a shaken economy...
Bet wait, Nigerian jollof is the best... You can't compare it to any other jollof...
Bet Edo party jollof is not helping matter... If u eat jollof from Igueben party... It's whack!
are you an indigen of Edo.(esan).

you no much about Edo state.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Ijobaorun(m): 9:56pm On May 01, 2017
Sincerely, Osinbajo is a stand up comedian!
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by teeghurl(f): 10:14pm On May 01, 2017
Does he really need to look into the book to say all that? undecided undecided
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by abels(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2017
Osibanjo is my president

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Beamborla(f): 10:32pm On May 01, 2017
DICKtator:

Please, don't type this. A certain Beamborla here would come for your head!!

grin grin grin grin

Ah! Thanks for inviting me to the thread. You must have missed me tongue tongue tongue

I didn't touch your head, you still have it on your neck so what makes you think I'd touch his. Plus, we didn't bicker over it, we only gave our submission from our different point of view.

Lest I forget, you ran away.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by tjay007: 10:33pm On May 01, 2017
it's quite obvious nigerians are livid and would lash out at almost anything they don't reckon would ease us out of the mess we sank ourselves into. but then this clip is just 1min 53secs long. his speech couldn't have been so short and all about "jollof rice, whistle & sen. dino (the musician)". he probably addressed some (if not all) of issues raised here that he should talk about rather than what we see in the video. make we chill small, abeg.... God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by TijaniAbu: 10:53pm On May 01, 2017
Fake pastor
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by farem: 10:54pm On May 01, 2017
Friedyokes:
he was obviously speaking in a seminar nd that wasnt the topic he just used that to break the ice ...if u have grudges against him address them intelligently instead of just lashing out and making comments like this ...construct it and make it into a topic
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by farem: 10:58pm On May 01, 2017
calmnquiet:
This man said a lot of things today regarding the Nigerian economy and steps that have been taken to diversity the economy.

Peter Obi said some important things concerning Nigeria, what should have been done and what should be done, instead we choose to focus on the fact that he "has only two pairs of black shoes and has been using a wristwatch for seventeen years".

Instead of us to deliberate on the key things they said, we talk on the jokes of the vice president and the remarks of Mr Obi.
OF course we are always looking for what to laugh about and who to criticise.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Bizzonthetrack(m): 11:00pm On May 01, 2017
jollof wey we no see chop again since una enter
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by Walelavender(m): 11:06pm On May 01, 2017
Why are some people, who didn't get the whole picture of 'The Platform', ranting with reckless abandon? That program was very informative and educative. I was so glued to the car radio so much that I got distracted whilst driving. Funny enough,I didn't listen to the VPs expression of sense of humour,yet some people here are reacting as if their lives depended on the joke.
So annoying to read those silly comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 12:07am On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:

y are you so bitter?...like u can do any better

typical Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by olumohkz(m): 1:26am On May 02, 2017
You kolo no be small sha
Bibi294:
God! Jollof should be the least of Nigerians problems right now... Not with a sick president an a shaken economy...
Bet wait, Nigerian jollof is the best... You can't compare it to any other jollof...
Bet Edo party jollof is not helping matter... If u eat jollof from Igueben party... It's whack!
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by jonnytad(m): 2:20am On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:

I wonder how pple like you reason. .... so because nigeria is in mess, he should hang himself abi? I doubt if you even watch the highlight of the event self cuz i knw pple like you are too myopic to watch or attend the event.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by kokoA(m): 3:26am On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:

Shatap! Don't come here to insult people who are more intelligent than you. The man gave a very wonderful speech at the event.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video) by smoooty11: 3:40am On May 02, 2017
Some body should please ask this man how much was a bag of rice before he came in and how much is it now after Apc came in. People never see garri chop he is talking of jellof rice and chicken GERAOUTAHIEEEMEN!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Umueri & Other Communities Affected By Flood In Anambra / Atiku, Obi Score Zero As Kwankwaso Wins Polling Unit / US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.