Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,297 members, 7,957,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (434405 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by demolaxl(m): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Investigate properties before buying
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by demolaxl(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
Investigation is the key in property buying
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by demolaxl(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
Investigate of every land before you buy
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by CountDooku(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
Anyone here bought land from PWAN estates?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mikefbabatunde: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
wow, really nice.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
Omotofineo:
How much is the cheapest land i can get in ikorodu
Depending on the area ma.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Omotofineo(f): 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Treash:

Can i c 100k for half
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Omotofineo(f): 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Treash:

Can i see 100k for half
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
Omotofineo:

Can i see 100k for half

U can't even see for 400k half. If anyone says u can get for 400k, then the land get issues.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Omotofineo(f): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Treash:

U can't even see for 400k half. If anyone says u can get for 400k, then the land get issues.

Really
But there are some for 250k
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by enet1(m): 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
lawyer:
Hi Everyone! 2009 and 2010 was great for so many reasons because i made people finally realise they have the power to determine how they buy property before throwing away their hard earned money. Personally i feel very very fulfilled that i did my best to help a lot of Nairalanders search properties and recommend the ones that are valid and the ones that have so many hidden problems that by the time you purchase it, you end up having more headaches than when you previously didnt buy any land. I was doing my calculation yesterday and i realised i have turned down almost N165Million worth of properties that were advertised to be sold to intending purchasers that had so many hidden scruples that the agents and omoniles wont tell you till you commit your money and then its from frying pan to fire. smiley

For the avoidance of doubt for First Time Property/Land Buyers or New Nairaland Property Viewers and Readers  who dont know what a property search is, it means before you buy any land or property whatso ever in any form or shape where ever, you have to know the validity of it.

Lagos in particular is so notorious when it comes to sale of property or land that have so many fraudulent defects surrounding that land/ property that you wont even know what has hit you. These set of people are known as the Omoniles, land grabbers or land touts.

Omoniles naturally should mean owners of the original land which includes the original family that truthfully inherited the property from their fore fathers that has passed down to them. But the real problem comes when there are so many members of the family that are divided in terms of claiming ownership of the lands and how the land truthfully devolved to them. Before you know it, a property that is meant to be shared by a family of 3 to claim ownership is now being contested by the brother in law, the aunty, the great grand uncle relatives etc and thats when they begin to employ touts going around to masquerade as the original owners with the right to sell and after you fall victim of their sweet tongues and coercion, you realise that you bought from the wrong family or the wrong set of people who have no right to sell the land to you and you would be confronted by the original owners  when you have started building half way and forced to cough out another payment to the real owners or be thrown out of the land. Trust me this scourge is very very real and 65% of lands in lagos have this problem one way or the other.

The other way your being decieved is by telling you the genuiness of the property comes from a set of documents. Those set of documents include either a survey plan, a deed of assignment, a certificate of occupancy, government allocation letter, government gazette or governors consent.

They will show you all manners of papers to make you believe them instantly and start pointing to different houses around there that has been built by one commissioner or one Minister or one big man and that their houses are still standing without any government wahala. What they want you to do is to instantly believe them and pay money to them immediately. One thing you can be rest assured is that, once you pay money to an Omonile, you will never ever ever get a refund of that money. Its gone and in some cases its in your front they will start sharing the money.

Dont ever ever fall for that trick. Always demand for what ever documents they have. I will point out the importance of each document to know the relevance of it and why it shouldn't be taken for granted.
Lawyer,do u still do verification of land and land documents for clients before they buy?If yes,how much does it costs?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Ejprojectmgtech: 1:25am On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=lawyer post=5265932][size=14pt]2.The Deed of Assignment or Conveyance[/size]:

This is the second most important document you need to do a personal search. A deed of conveyance or assignment traces the history of how the property or land has reached the present owner till date. It relates all the information in respect of the true owners of the land before it was passed to Mr A and How MR A sold it to Mr B and How Mr B intend to sell it to you. With that document, you can trace in most respect the original familthe original source of the land because its there you know if the land actually has been duly transfered to the present owner. It isfamily dispute and some families are still quarreling over the truland. It is there you tend to get the family names to go and do a thorough search in court or Alausa to know of any lingering dispute. Its here you get to know the hanky panky the present owner intends to play when he begins to tell you cock and bull stories so that you pay for the land immediately

Never fall for this trick. Ask for a copy of the deed if they have one and hand it over to your lawyer for a through search on the family. To be honest this is the most difficult search of them all and it takes the special grace of God to make sure you come out unscathered.

Ways the present owner can decieve you includes:

1. Presenting a false person to Assume the identity of the  Original family so as to pretend that he or she sold it to the family 20 years ago

2. Telling you that the family is non existent anymore or they have moved away from that vicinity

3. Telling you all the family members have died

4. Coercing you that you dont need to meet the family because since it has been sold to him, he is the rightful person to sell to you.

This number 4 is a bloody lie and there is a reason which i wont mention here why this particular reason shouldnt stand at all and i can only disclose that in confidence based on the legality of it and the possible back door approach that Alausa frowns upon especially when your perfecting your papers tomorrow.

Bottom line, the deed of assignment is a major search instrument to know the how, why and when of the property you buying and it is very very stressful. So either be prepared to do all the walking, CID/FBI investigations or give your property lawyer on your behalf.

I hope you now know why search is not cheap!!! They say Good soup na money kill am or Penny Wise pound foolish. Because once you fail to get the real identity of the true family owners, your money has been sunk into the whitest of all elephant projects you can dream of, so be more vigilant this 2010

*Updated Brief*
1.Half plot for sale @sangotedo 3m not far from the epe express way gazzeted

2.a plot of dry land at alabeko estate off general paint ajah 7m

3. A plot of dry land at good news estate sangotedo for 8m global c of o

Half plot of dry land @ good news home estate sangotedo 4.2m global c of o

2plots of land for sale @idado Agungi 100m consent

Distress sales of a plot of land at Chevy view estate 55m coffee o

A Plot of land fenced and gated for sale @osapa 75m consent

A Plot of land for sale @alawin not far from express 3m gazzeted

Distress sales of a plot of land at alawin for 1.5m gazzeted

Plots of land for sale @ibeju lekki 1.5m dry land not far from express

New 4bedroom duplex for sale @idado estate b4 chevron

*Let least & buy*
New Executive 4bedroom duplex @olokonla b4 sangotedo 1.5 per anum

4bedroom duplex new house to let @ orchid Road for 2m per anum pix available on request

2 bedrooms new flat available to let @opp ikota villa estate for 1m per anum u

2plots of land for sale at 10 family opp Abraham adesanya @12m per plot
08066412217 via Ajiro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.