Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428719 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
@To all

Please i have stopped doing the free search and will no longer entertain requests to do them. Sorry if i have offended you in any way by not replying but experience has thought me otherwise and i have suffered in the hands of people that i tried to offer my good will to assist and have learnt a bitter lesson.

For more of the reasons why i have stopped it, click here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=416660.msg5748873#msg5748873

I could help you in other ways but not through a free search any more and i do hope you understand

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Amitex(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2010
Hi Lawyer,
Guess you are onlie.

I have a land for which I have applied for CoO, inspection done since December, 2009. I am being delayed by the CoO not coming out and wish to

apply for building plan approval. My challenge is that my architect is saying that unless I have to CoO, the application will not sail.

Confirm if there are other options.

I am in Lagos
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by blazzie: 4:32pm On May 07, 2010
Hi Lawyer,

I purchased a plot of land some years back from the LSG under the Tinubu administration and was issued receipts for all payment made,but i could not follow up as i had to relocate outside the country at some point.The land is within Ikorodu area

All evidence of payment are intact , will just want to understand if it is worth hoping by any chance

I shall be very grateful for anyway you can assist on this subject and will not delay to call you if you wont mind sharing your contact number/details with me

Many Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by DONFASZY(m): 12:22pm On May 19, 2010
i want to buy 1/2 plot this weekend by his grace

pls advise me

seller said i will call survey myself to measure my half plot

30 x 120?

what are the things i will request before i pay?

nlers

help me here
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:30am On May 20, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-266315.0.html

The Law, can you please keep the post by Ihebrook on the first @age of property for some time, it is relevant to everybody in NL.

above is the link to the good work of one of the fellow NLDERS name ihebrook.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by realvenc: 11:17pm On May 27, 2010
please sir. what about all these offers of lands in estates in mowe and ofada with installment payment options.
is it safe and how do they do the allocation of the land. what is someone to expect when entering into such a transaction.
am actually interested in an offer from mayflower gardens estate with denaro properties as developers. can someone pls tell me how authentic this people are.
i will appreciate any advice. thanks house
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mashaun(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2010
The summary is that the Survey Plan Search saves you alot of head ache at first before you even move ahead. And once you meet an Omonile or Agent who is extremely difficult with you in terms of not providing the survey plan on demand for search please my brothers and sisters, walk away quietly. The signs are already there for you to know your about to be scammed. A survey plan is a public document and not a private cheque book, so you shouldnt be bamboozled by people who tell you that the owner doesnt want to release it because of security reasons. Trust me there is no reason. As long as he is ready to sell, that is the first thing you get from them to know your status before proceeding.[color=#000099][/color]
Good job well done lawyer,there is this saying among surveyors that "surveying is the bedrock of developmement" isn't it?
But incase they (the omooniles or agents) have a hidden agenda or no survey has bn carried out on the property,it means no plan will be presented to you,in that case get a surveyor to the site to pick coordinates (using mobileGPS)for charting.
please do not pay (as usually advised by lawyer) before this event as the property may fall within government acquisition.
QUestions relating to land surveying could be fwded to me on
hayzedng@yahoo.com , 08028386454.
I can assist Lawyer in the area of charting (free of charge).just scan and send your plan or text only the cordinates (Northing and Easting) to me and get result asap.
[size=12pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by WHYKAY(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
Thanks for the info lawyer.pls i will like to know more about that Badore, is it that every vacant land in badore now has been acquired by govt or what because i am planning to get some plots there any moment from now
Pls enlighten me and this is my contact onadeyinka@yahoo.com, 08030432274 or 07072228259
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by denny4ril: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
a lot of good contributions here. the landowners and landlord problems is becoming too much and unbearable but i think when the process is legal and thorough, the will be little or no hitches along the way
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by turawafett(f): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2010
Technology has improved, you did not need any document from anybody to know the status of a land that is free from government acquisition or committed land. Get you surveyor to go to the place with GPS, is a small device that will take the codinant of the land, take it to Alausa they will be able to tell you if the land is free from known government acquisition or not. The seller may not even know you have it with you.

These days they put reading of land free from government acquisition to the ones acquired to fool people.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ma201bj: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2010
Lawyer, thank you for your advice on this forum it is really helpful, i am planning to buy a land and start my building project immediately, do u mind if employ you as my lawyer throughout the whole process and also do you know any trust worthy contractor that can carry out the building project for me please,
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Consensus: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
I live in Abuja, but planning to invest in land in Lagos. What are the precautionary measured to take against land disputes or land touts (omoniles)

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Consensus: 8:51am On Jun 24, 2010
Any reponses. ?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by shanktang(m): 12:05am On Jul 04, 2010
Many thanks to u, the Law for that tutorial, its nice having u in the house, but can i just have ur email just in case i may have some other things i may want to know confidentially, i'll really be glad to have that, thanks once again, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ma201bj: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2010
hello lawyer i saw an advert about a land in Lakowe Lekki Scheme 2, Please wat do u know about this area
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by odiereke(m): 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2010
Gudday Lawyer,
Am so happy having someone like you around.
I just want you to get me a land around Ikorodu axis, which I can pay initial N150,000 1st payment and spread the balance over 6 months.
Let me know if possible, my email add is mikkydele@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by strangest(m): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
Oga Lawyer,
Thank you for everything that you have been doing to assist all Nigerians and Nairalanders in particular to have access to land that is free from fraud and thereby not losing their hard earned money. It is very unfortunate that my inquiry is coming at the time some wackos embarassed have made you to stop doing the free search. Anyway any assistant in my regards will be HIGHLY appreciated. I came across this property on the internet

Buy Into Palms Garden Estate At Reduced Price From #1.2 To #799,000 And #660,000 - Nairalist.com - Lagos Housing

http://www.nairalist.com/lagos/housing/8523/buy-into-palms-garden-estate

I have already called the person in charge of the place with the number she dropped on line and according to her on the phone the land already has a C of O. Please do you know anything about the land because I do not want to lose my hard earned money. Thank you for your anticipated reply. I await your feedback.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Arctic(m): 8:16am On Aug 11, 2010
Dear Lawyer your posts are really helpful.

How much does it cost to do a check at Alausa.

A friend has recently told me it will cost N15,000 to do a check.

Please can anyone verify this amount. I am surprised considering that Lawyer was offering this service for free initially.
Any comments appreciated

Arctic
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by unipol(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2010
Arctic:

Dear Lawyer your posts are really helpful.

How much does it cost to do a check at Alausa.

A friend has recently told me it will cost N15,000 to do a check.

Please can anyone verify this amount. I am surprised considering that Lawyer was offering this service for free initially.
Any comments appreciated

Arctic

i think it is up to lawyer to tell us totall amount he spends in doing investigation, it is a service and should not be free. i believe that 15 thousand is okay.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by icnsystem(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2010
A nigerian like you is very rare, Please keep the good work alive.Please check your mail.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2010
Gooday barrister, i posted the undermentioned property a couple of days ago but i cant find it on my thread. i like to state for the record that i have never posted any spam on nairaland and neither have i been accused of fraud, warned , or suspended. 70 to 80percent of my postings are my direct instructions. so i implore you to take note and if you are interested in inspecting the property in question pls give me a call to verify for yourself. kindly use your good office to make amends. thanks. TIMEHIN, Hh&m co. FOR SALE: ENSUITE 4BEDROOM DUPLEX + 2no. SERVICED 3BEDROOM & 2BEDROOM ENSUITE FLATS FACING 2 STREETS AT OGUDU GRA LAGOS - NIGERIA.
COMPRISING:
[A]
1. 4 Bedroom ensuite duplex with 2 sitting room, reception, gym + laundry
2. Has jacuzzi + bath
3. All rooms with POP, DSTV and TILES
4. Has lovely and large balcony with bulletproof door
5. KVA Generator with borehole + ensuite security house [B].
Ensuite serviced 3bedroom and 2bedroom flats with POP and BALCONY.
THE PROPERTY IS EXQUISITELY FINISHED, LESS THAN 2YEARS OLD, HAS CAR SPACE AND PAVED WITH INTERLOCKING STONES. TITLE:CofO /Deed
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2010
Barr, am still awaiting your response on why my threads on the lovely duplex i have 4sale at ogudu GRA are being deleted. THE PROPERTY IS NOT A SPAM AND ITS REAL & AVAILABLE FOR SALE. +234 8055327922
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by switchmax8: 9:52am On Sep 18, 2010
lawyer,
can you help in confirm survey plan of a property built in Ota?if yes let me know your contact and i want you to help me verify if the area is government acquisition though i was told by my inlaw that has property there for about 5yrs that it is not govt acquisition.
Cheers,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by aynelo: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2010
angry
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by alanbolo(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Lawyer.   
Please provide means of serious minded people to contact you, which of course will attract consultancy or retainer-ship fee.  office location or Tel. # will be a starting point.  thanks.

Some of us depend on forum like these to make headway in stepping into unknown charter like landed properties.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by omolayo1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2010
the most important aspect of acquiring land/properties has been said but let me add a clause that is also very important too: No matter how genuine your paper and informations are just start doing something on it no matter how little the structure or foundation or better still put one mallam as a security there.

for your land preparation such as clearing,starking,parking,filling and leveling even compacting call on us at integrated contracting ltd where we hire/renting all earth moving equipments and also give on-the-field advise for your land matters.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by omolayo1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2010
call or email at authoriseauthor@yahoo.co.uk or 08059239292,07025866759
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Constancy: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hi Lawyer waht should I look for when Renting A shop or pffice in lagos state?

Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by wolexter(m): 2:27am On Oct 24, 2010
Hello Barrister,

you are indeed the people's lawyer and Nigerian of a different breed.

I actually just stumbled on your great posts as i just started using this segment of Nairaland. Just wondering if one could still enjoy your largesse in terms of property search.I have a property to conduct search on.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lexxyprime: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2010
One really need to be carefull when dealing with LAND buying. You must enquire for a real land owners. Anyway I have a geniune LAND for SALE, garanteed of no dispute after purchase. These ACRES/PLOT of LAND are loccated in OGUN STATE at ALAPOTI this area is very close to AGBARA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, CROWFORD UNIVERSITY and FREE TRADE ZONE in IGBESA, this is a unique opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.