Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (430494 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Asgafrealtors: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
lastpage:
Lawyer,
What does one do in a situation where the survey plan presented by the family is one showing not just your 'individual plot' but the whole acres of plot allocated to the family by the government (according to the omo-oniles)? And on that survey, you have a stamp saying "free from acquisition" grin

Of course, you are now asked to do your own "individual survey" with a caveat of using their own supplied surveyor! shocked

Will this do in your opinion ? And what kind of verification can one do in this type of situation?

As your lawyer to first verify the land and have your on surveyor to mark ou your portion
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ubox: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2019
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Asgafrealtors: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2019
lastpage:
Lawyer,
What does one do in a situation where the survey plan presented by the family is one showing not just your 'individual plot' but the whole acres of plot allocated to the family by the government (according to the omo-oniles)? And on that survey, you have a stamp saying "free from acquisition" grin

Of course, you are now asked to do your own "individual survey" with a caveat of using their own supplied surveyor! shocked

Will this do in your opinion ? And what kind of verification can one do in this type of situation?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2019
Asgafrealtors:

As your lawyer to first verify the land and have your on surveyor to mark ou your portion
Please how viable is investing in lands in ibeju lekki. I'm looking at getting a 600sqm land which I might sell or lease out after 5 years.is it a good investment,should I channel the funds into something else?...thanks for your kind reply.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:38pm On May 01, 2019
Babalakin:
Please how viable is investing in lands in ibeju lekki. I'm looking at getting a 600sqm land which I might sell or lease out after 5 years.is it a good investment,should I channel the funds into something else?...thanks for your kind reply.

Its a beautiful idea. I tell u, that's what I tell most people because lands in Ibeju Lekki will appreciate in time., especially with the new development. Also contact me if you need a deed of assignment.

Kindly contact me on 08068088866, Barr Ayo.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by dgbanj: 11:25pm On May 01, 2019
Do you want to buy land and properties but don't know where to start from? Are you scared of being duped?

Property Advisory Network (PAN) is here to guide, advise and educate you on the legal ways to go about it. We can also buy and manage properties for clients. If you have any family property issue, don't hesitate to visit our office. You can learn more about us and our services on our website at https://www.propertyadvisorynetwork.com/
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2019
Treash:

Its a beautiful idea. I tell u, that's what I tell most people because lands in Ibeju Lekki will appreciate in time., especially with the new development. Also contact me if you need a deed of assignment.

@ Asgafrealtors what do you think
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 12:31pm On May 02, 2019
Treash:

I saw 2 plots of land at agbara going for the same rate as 1 plot of land at ibeju lekki. Considering all factors,which of the 2 locations would you advise I go for.thank you
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2019
Babalakin:
I saw 2 plots of land at agbara going for the same rate as 1 plot of land at ibeju lekki. Considering all factors,which of the 2 locations would you advise I go for.thank you

Brother, even though size matters, environment also matters. There is a probability that Ibeju Lekki, Lagos develops faster and quite overrated than Agbara, in Ogun State. The road leading to Ibeju Lekki is more accessible than Agbara.

Don't forget to contact me for documentation.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Babalakin(m): 2:53pm On May 02, 2019
Treash:

Brother, even though size matters, environment also matters. There is a probability that Ibeju Lekki, Lagos develops faster and quite overrated than Agbara, in Ogun State. The road leading to Ibeju Lekki is more accessible than Agbara.

Don't forget to contact me for documentation.
I will surely contact you,I have your number saved already. Thank you.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 3:05pm On May 02, 2019
Babalakin:
I will surely contact you,I have your number saved already. Thank you.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by OALandAgents: 4:21pm On May 04, 2019
happy weekend
lawyer:
Hi Everyone! 2009 and 2010 was great for so many reasons because i made people finally realise they have the power to determine how they buy property before throwing away their hard earned money. Personally i feel very very fulfilled that i did my best to help a lot of Nairalanders search properties and recommend the ones that are valid and the ones that have so many hidden problems that by the time you purchase it, you end up having more headaches than when you previously didnt buy any land. I was doing my calculation yesterday and i realised i have turned down almost N165Million worth of properties that were advertised to be sold to intending purchasers that had so many hidden scruples that the agents and omoniles wont tell you till you commit your money and then its from frying pan to fire. smiley

For the avoidance of doubt for First Time Property/Land Buyers or New Nairaland Property Viewers and Readers  who dont know what a property search is, it means before you buy any land or property whatso ever in any form or shape where ever, you have to know the validity of it.

Lagos in particular is so notorious when it comes to sale of property or land that have so many fraudulent defects surrounding that land/ property that you wont even know what has hit you. These set of people are known as the Omoniles, land grabbers or land touts.

Omoniles naturally should mean owners of the original land which includes the original family that truthfully inherited the property from their fore fathers that has passed down to them. But the real problem comes when there are so many members of the family that are divided in terms of claiming ownership of the lands and how the land truthfully devolved to them. Before you know it, a property that is meant to be shared by a family of 3 to claim ownership is now being contested by the brother in law, the aunty, the great grand uncle relatives etc and thats when they begin to employ touts going around to masquerade as the original owners with the right to sell and after you fall victim of their sweet tongues and coercion, you realise that you bought from the wrong family or the wrong set of people who have no right to sell the land to you and you would be confronted by the original owners  when you have started building half way and forced to cough out another payment to the real owners or be thrown out of the land. Trust me this scourge is very very real and 65% of lands in lagos have this problem one way or the other.

The other way your being decieved is by telling you the genuiness of the property comes from a set of documents. Those set of documents include either a survey plan, a deed of assignment, a certificate of occupancy, government allocation letter, government gazette or governors consent.

They will show you all manners of papers to make you believe them instantly and start pointing to different houses around there that has been built by one commissioner or one Minister or one big man and that their houses are still standing without any government wahala. What they want you to do is to instantly believe them and pay money to them immediately. One thing you can be rest assured is that, once you pay money to an Omonile, you will never ever ever get a refund of that money. Its gone and in some cases its in your front they will start sharing the money.

Dont ever ever fall for that trick. Always demand for what ever documents they have. I will point out the importance of each document to know the relevance of it and why it shouldn't be taken for granted.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Olatunji67POP(m): 4:36pm On May 05, 2019
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs.

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordable fees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am. phone number:07062567817

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by momove4real25(f): 5:37pm On May 05, 2019
Asgafrealtors:

As your lawyer to first verify the land and have your on surveyor to mark out your portion
it is called layout survey. You have to do another survey that will show only your boundary and ur name alone for easy documentation with government. If you need more explanation call 08161375559
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by momove4real25(f): 5:45pm On May 05, 2019
elseohjay:
Hi Lawyer,

Thanks for the valuable info. Just a quick but not completely related query:

If I am buying an existing completed building with an existing C of O, I like to know, would the existing CofO in the seller's name suffice or would I have to get another CofO for myself. Someone suggested I may need to get Governor's consent. Is this the case, and if so would the valuation for the governors consent be based on the value of the land or the entire building?
many thanks for your prompt response

all you will need is government consent. I don't know about other states but Ogun state gives government consent to any property with existing title. Call 08161375559
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by momove4real25(f): 5:47pm On May 05, 2019
Amitex:
Hi Lawyer,
Guess you are onlie.

I have a land for which I have applied for CoO, inspection done since December, 2009. I am being delayed by the CoO not coming out and wish to

apply for building plan approval. My challenge is that my architect is saying that unless I have to CoO, the application will not sail.

Confirm if there are other options.

I am in Lagos
for land title documentation in Ogun state call 08161375559
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by momove4real25(f): 5:48pm On May 05, 2019
DONFASZY:
i want to buy 1/2 plot this weekend by his grace

pls advise me

seller said i will call survey myself to measure my half plot

30 x 120?

what are the things i will request before i pay?

nlers

help me here
if you need land title documentation in Ogun state call me 08161375559
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by momove4real25(f): 6:54pm On May 05, 2019
born2boink:
Most land in Ogun state are being sold without survey and people build on it, what do you think can be done in such land
you will run a perimeter survey on it then if u are interested in perfecting your title u can go further. 08161375559

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.