Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries (1083 Views)

Ekiti Workers Recieved Salary After10 Months / Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Need Our Salaries, Not Xmas Clothes / IPOB Supporters Chant “Fayose, We Love You” (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Prinsola(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2017
There was a drama at this year’s May Day celebration in Ekiti State on Monday when workers demanded payment of their salaries. The state workers are owed six months arrears while local government employees have not been paid for seven months. The workers shouted “salary! salary!! salary!!!” as Fayose was rounding off his address.Some of them shouted: “Osoko, we are hungry.”But Fayose replied: “I can only pay your salaries when I get cash backing from Abuja.
At times, we get cash backing three weeks after we held FAAC meetings.” The governor’s explanation dampened the morale of many of the workers who had expected a favourable answer from him. This year’s Workers Day which took place inside the main bowl of Oluyemi Kayode Stadium in Ado Ekiti recorded poor attendance as many workers stayed away from the event.The leadership of the state chapters of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and Joint Negotiating Council (JNC) decorated Fayoseas “Comrade Governor.”Fayose declared that the representative of the Minister of Labour should not be allowed to address Ekiti workers in 2018 Workers’ Day. He predicated his position on the alleged failure of the Federal Government to redirect the country’s economy to jack up allocations to the state.
The governor said only the Head of Service, Gbenga Faseluka and state labour leaders would be allowed to address the rally, saying the federal government lacks the moral right to address the state workers for failing to fulfil its obligations.The state NLC Chairman, Ade Adesanmi, urged Fayose to pay their outstanding salaries, saying “the non-payment has come to a point where we have to open up, in fact, we are hungry.”
The NLC chief urged the governor to expedite action on workers’ promotion and ensure payment of pension and gratuities.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/ekiti-workers-fayose-hungry-pay-salaries/
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by ignis: 7:07pm On May 01, 2017
Set up.
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Prinsola(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2017
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by psucc(m): 7:10pm On May 01, 2017
But the report on other tabloids are different from that of The Nations Newspaper.
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by greenermodels: 7:10pm On May 01, 2017
source? i know the Buhari media centre guys must cook up lies against fayose after ngige was disgraced on camera today by workers. sorry, we're not buying your propaganda.
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Mophasa(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2017
Fayose is a movement and no amount of media propaganda can stop him

Oshoko Baba have done very well for the good people of ekiti state and deserves an award for his hard work and love for his people

Long live Peter Ayodele Fayose aka Oshokomole
Long live the good people of Ekiti state

I wish Fayose would contest for presidency come 2019
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Greatigbos(f): 7:20pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by cosby02(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2017
Mophasa:
Fayose is a movement and no amount of media propaganda can stop him

Oshoko Baba have done very well for the good people of ekiti state and deserves an award for his hard work and love for his people

Long live Peter Ayodele Fayose aka Oshokomole
Long live the good people of Ekiti state

I wish Fayose would contest for presidency come 2019
greenermodels:
source? i know the Buhari media centre guys must cook up lies against fayose after ngige was disgraced on camera today by workers. sorry, we're not buying your propaganda.

Payed defendant of politicians
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by greenermodels: 7:49pm On May 01, 2017
cosby02:

(1) it's paid not payed
(2)who is paying me? the corrupt, good for nothing guys in pdp?
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 01, 2017
Fayose is criminal. I wonder why liepod terrorist groups are giving him unflinching support! It baffles me how liepod are manipulated to hate all APC governors and love PDP. it baffles me.

Liepods are just stupid and useless
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by iyilax(m): 8:02pm On May 01, 2017
Which news papers? The nation news paper. Abeggi!!! Ghost family.
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by cosby02(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2017
greenermodels:

(1) it's paid not payed
(2)who is paying me? the corrupt, good for nothing guys in pdp?
Payed by your sentiment and hatred grin
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Hadone(m): 9:45pm On May 01, 2017
Ayo my nigga
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by leofab(f): 10:52pm On May 01, 2017
embarassed
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by arewaboy01(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2017
some fools here will still praise fayose
imagine what those workers are facing
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by ipobbigot7: 11:35pm On May 01, 2017
What of the two dericas of rice and the 200naira he gave in March?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by gberra: 12:10am On May 02, 2017
leofab:
embarassed
Greatigbos:
grin grin grin grin
Biafra daughters with no sense. #spit.

@prinsola paragraph your article. You should know that.
Re: Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Are Hungry, Pay Our Salaries by Vicolan: 12:29am On May 02, 2017
cosby02:

Bros you Bleep up ooo..... Must you quote someone? Well your English teacher will be proud of you on Nairaland!!!

(1) (Reply)

PCN Bwari Command React To The Senate Consideration Of Their Bills / Ambode Sacks Church Chaplain For Disrespecting His Wife! / All That Is Wrong With The Nigerian Mentality- Restoration(3) - Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.